Let's talk about music!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Re: Let's talk about music!

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Okay, seeing as I listened to Death Magnetic in full today, I have to weigh in. I loved all the riffs in it, the fact that they actually had an 8minute song or two (YAY), and the driving rhythms. Plus, I liked that they did put a few hooks in tto make it a bit more modern :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yay, another Death Magnetic fan!! :ymhug: Here's a PINK hug!!

Do you know the Guitar Hero III version? Much better mix, in my opinion. The compressed retail version is fat but also very sterile and headache-inducing.

BTW, despite the quote in your sig, I assume you actually don't listen to Black Metal... ;;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

:ymhug:

No I don't know the Guitar Hero version! I'll definitely have to check it out.

Haha, it's a song quote from a non black metal song (Shut Me Up by Mindless Self Indulgence). But I have to admit I listen to some black metal... I like Immortal and Celtic Frost. And someone told me Dimmu Borgir is black metal, so I suppose them as well? I listen to pretty much every genre of music though ;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote: :ymhug:
No I don't know the Guitar Hero version! I'll definitely have to check it out.

Haha, it's a song quote from a non black metal song (Shut Me Up by Mindless Self Indulgence). But I have to admit I listen to some black metal... I like Immortal
:-o
:-\
:-?
:x :x :x

You've just jumped several orders of magnitude on my fave list. :D

Immortal. A 16-year old girl across the Atlantic who listens to Abbath & Co. Wow. Just wow.

"And still the tundra lay untouched..."
cyanide_sweet wrote:and Celtic Frost. And someone told me Dimmu Borgir is black metal, so I suppose them as well? I listen to pretty much every genre of music though ;)
CF isn't really Black Metal... But it's pretty eclectic, yes. Dimmu... well, BM has a lot of bitchy fans going on about tr00 etc. and they all hate Dimmu. I still consider them Black Metal because I have a more open definition of BM.

I should zip my lip. Or I'll go on for hours trying to point you to more cool bands. :D

Black Metal is one of my passions. :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

If you have any recommendations for black metal bands, please let me know! All my metal-head friends are geeks, they like death metal and power metal but they're not really into black metal... they metal scene here in Calgary is very pathetic :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:If you have any recommendations for black metal bands, please let me know! All my metal-head friends are geeks, they like death metal and power metal but they're not really into black metal... they metal scene here in Calgary is very pathetic :(
Oh, jeez... Flood gates open. ;)

Calgary. OK. Sorry if I offended you. :P

First question: How do you have access to music? Do you buy stuff in shops? Order it online? Or... um... download? :ymblushing: Because a lot of stuff I could mention is probably very hard to get outside Europe.

I actually don't know much USBM. One of my favorites though is Wolves In The Throne Room. Also very good is Ludicra's "Fex Urbis Lex Orbis", though I thought their other material was less good. Female-fronted Black Metal.
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Hehe I'll have to check it out. I normally buy online or um.... obtain it *coughlimewirecough*. Music around here is either crappy Flo-rida style stuff that gets played in clubs, hick-country music with fiddles, or theres always... Nickleback!!!

I'm looking for a suicidal/kamikaze emoticon but I can't find one :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:Hehe I'll have to check it out. I normally buy online or um.... obtain it *coughlimewirecough*. Music around here is either crappy Flo-rida style stuff that gets played in clubs, hick-country music with fiddles, or theres always... Nickleback!!!
I'm looking for a suicidal/kamikaze emoticon but I can't find one :(
:D

Limewire, huh? Don't know how the selection is there... Also, erm, don't know how much I'm allowed to post anything in this direction here... So I'll switch. For a sec.

Okay, so considering bands...

I'll just drop a bunch of names. See what you can find.

1349 - Hellfire
Agrypnie - Exit
Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
Anorexia Nervosa - New Obscurantis Order
Belphegor - Pestapokalypse VI
Cradle Of Filth - Vempire Or Dark Faerytales In Phallustein
Dark Funeral - Vobiscum Satanas
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Dawn - Slaughtersun - Crown Of The Triarchy
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Dissection - Storm Of The Light's Bane
Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Endstille - Navigator
Falkenbach - Heralding The Fireblade
Farsot - IIII
Helrunar - Frostnacht
I - Between Two Worlds
Keep Of Kalessin - Armada
Liar Of Golgotha - Ancient Wars
Limbonic Art - Ad Noctum - Dynasty Of Death
Marduk - World Funeral
Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet
Nagelfar - Virus West
Naglfar - Sheol
Necrophobic - Hrimthursum
Negator - Die Eisernen Verse
Nocte Obducta - Lethe - Gottverreckte Finsternis
Paysage D'Hiver - Paysage D'Hiver
Primordial - To The Nameless Dead
Raise Hell - Holy Target
Samsas Traum - Heiliges Herz - Das Schwert Deiner Sonne
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina (The Conquering)
Shining - V - Halmstad (Niklas Angande Niklas)
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me
Summoning - Minas Morgul
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Wolves In The Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars
Zyklon - World Ov Worms

That should keep you for a while. ;)
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Cradle Of Filth!!! My favourite Dimmu Borgir cd!!! *fangirls about*

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Thank you so much! That\s definitely going to take me a while to get through :ymhug: Its just what I needed! I've been home sick all week, I'm going crazy with the boredom. And nothing cures boredom like metal!!! \m/

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Just a warning to Cyanide and... well, pretty much everyone. Limewire has been pretty well found out, and I've heard of a few people that have been caught and are being prosecuted through it. Just giving you a friendly warning, as I don't want anyone getting busted.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Rhapsody. It's totally worth it.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:Cradle Of Filth!!! My favourite Dimmu Borgir cd!!! *fangirls about*

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Thank you so much! That\s definitely going to take me a while to get through :ymhug: Its just what I needed! I've been home sick all week, I'm going crazy with the boredom. And nothing cures boredom like metal!!! \m/
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

\m/ \m/ \m/

I think I need to adopt you as my sithling, because you are so awesome. :D Long time since I instructed anyone in the Black Side of the Metal... :ymdevil:

@DnE: Thanks. I wrote her a PM on related issues.

@Pneu: Yay, Rhapsody!! I love them too! I have all their CDs and have been a fan since the debut.
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Dirty n Evil wrote:Just a warning to Cyanide and... well, pretty much everyone. Limewire has been pretty well found out, and I've heard of a few people that have been caught and are being prosecuted through it. Just giving you a friendly warning, as I don't want anyone getting busted.
I know, I know, but thanks for the tip :)

Yay Sithling!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:Yay Sithling!
:ymblushing:

You are cordially invited to make your updated minion status known in your signature. ;)

:ymhug:
ImageImage

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Don Alexander wrote:@Pneu: Yay, Rhapsody!! I love them too! I have all their CDs and have been a fan since the debut.
I meant the online service, Rhapsody (.com). Instead of Limewire. It's totally worth it. :))

My bad.
Further affiant sayeth not.