Webcomics.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Webcomics.

Post by yiraheerai »

...So....

Anyone else enjoying the latest story in S*P? I love Fred and his devious mind-scarring fun.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Comics are ending this week.

We've got Dawn of Time ending for the foreseeable future, Treading Ground (which is weak at best, but meh) ending this week, and Gastrophobia on hiatus until sometime in July (does not specify when).

Shame on them for putting their lives first! :P

Nothing really all that big. It just means a few less things for me to look at one the internet.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

I've been reading Cucumber's Quest. I highly recommended it. While the art is kinda cutesy the story is fun and the characters are hilarious.

Speaking of webcomics, would anyone be interested in doing a podcast with me that centers around comics?
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I've recently discovered (and caught up to date on) Wapsi Square. Not only have I enjoyed it, but I've found it humorous that in some of the comments sections I've spotted our own Artemsia and MerchManDan. ;) And just because the main character is very busty and short of stature doesn't mean that's the sole reason I'm reading it! :p It doesn't hurt at all... but it's not even the main reason! :ymsmug:

edit: Link Fixed!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Errr... i think you linked to the wrong site, DnE. That link leads to a youtube video with darth vader and luke's duel. :p
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Whoops... I guess that was one of those cases where you think you hit "ctrl + c" correctly, but something didn't depress as well as you thought. Thanks, Tellus!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Awesome case of accidental trolling, though. Seriously, what would be more awesome than getting linked to the fight when you're expecting something else?

Not a rickroll but something else...

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I hate double posting, even when it's been long periods of time between them. Just doesn't feel right T__T

So, has anyone who follows Scandinavia and the World seen Humon's other comic, Niels?

It seems like it's best to go to her dA for both, but for those of us *cough* like me */cough* who dislike the site, there's the webcomic page.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I read Niels. It's fuuuun. (Duncan during the Jungle Fever arc, or when Natalie brings up the possibility of...eh...backdoor fun, is hilarious.)

I noticed in the most recent one. Thomas's last name is Yellowfield. Niels' name is Gyldensted, which translates as 'Golden Place'. I can't help but think this is significant.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Duncan in general is awesome. So is Agent 300. I love the strip where the Agent comes out for a fan greeting and it's ALL GUYS.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Newest one is brill also.

Anyways, I found something called Subnormality a few days ago, and read through it all. I is very entertaining, yet intellectually challenging, in my opinion.

Link fixed. Don't put the URL in " ". The DAMNed

Thanks, Don. Just got a little derailed and mixed up with the quotes after a while away.
Last edited by Iceman on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The iceman cometh

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I rather liked the reveal after Neils shot 250... 300 might be a bit of bufoon, but he can open a can of whoop-ass.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

...It's not up to that on site. The dA page, yes, but not the site. :-$

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@iceman: I love Subnormality. I found it from the TvTropes Nazi Zeppelin page - and that's the best one, in my opinion!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

And I have absolutely no idea of how I got directed that way.
The iceman cometh