Webcomics.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Webcomics.

Post by yiraheerai »

So I am not a fan of horror and somehow, I still really like Wilde Life. The art is gorgeous, especially this latest arc, and a combination of the art and storytelling make it seem less like horror somehow. It still is. It really is. But somehow I'm still okay with it and that's... kind of amazing.
The About Page wrote:Oscar rented an old house off craigslist, then things got weird...

First it was meeting the ghost of a 1940s mathematician in the upstairs hallway, then it was finding a teenage werewolf in the bathtub. Now Oscar doesn't know what will show up next. Maybe that's okay, as long as nothing eats him.

Wilde Life is a supernatural adventure/horror series set in a small town in rural Oklahoma. It focuses on stories about creatures from Native American mythology as witnessed and documented by a journalist from Chicago, Illinois.

It launched on September 29th, 2014 and is written and illustrated by Pascalle Lepas.
Another comic I get excited about when it updates: How to be a Werewolf. Another one where I really like the art but the storytelling really helps bring it in for me.
Since being bitten by a strange wolf as a child, Malaya Walters has attempted to live a quiet life…hopefully a life free of attempting to eat her family or the customers at her family’s coffee shop. Being the only werewolf she’s ever known, Malaya has managed her condition by keeping tight control on herself and the world around her, with lackluster results. That is, until a strange guy wanders into her shop one day and introduces her to a whole world she never knew existed…

How to be a Werewolf is a long form, ongoing story, started in February 2015. It features a diverse cast, as well as a cast of mostly LGBTQ characters. It’s not as gay as I want it to be yet, but don’t worry, I’m working on it. Slowly. I hope you guys like slow burn romances, I guess?
I guess it helps that I relate to Malaya a lot. I've had very little resources on hand with dealing with my deafness so I've isolated myself a lot just kind of hope for the best. It's why I got the CI. I wasn't anywhere NEAR prepared to be 100% deaf. Still not. So.. I get it. A lot.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Did you know Danielle Corsetto of Girls with Slingshots has a new comic out? http://stuckat32.com/ It's a self-bio comic that updates pretty irregularly but I've rather enjoyed it. It's also ad-free thanks to contributions to her Patreon.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

awww shit how Antimony's mom got together with her dad is playing out. ouch.

also

based on this

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

If anyone is interested it looks like Shouri has a new(?) comic up on WebToon. Check out #Blessed, looks like it might be an Ah! My Goddess! or maybe an Urusei Yatsura harem kind of thing.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, now! :) This looks interesting.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Having read what there is of Blessed so far, I can say it is a genuine treat to see Shouri's work again. Lovely as per usual, and the story proves to be intriguing! ^_^

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

RGB what are you doing there?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Who?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

screen head guy from Rice Boy
ImageImageImage

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Read the whole thing to learn something interesting about agent McIntosh. ;)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I have no idea whether you guys have been tipped off to this comic yet, but it is excellent! Well, I think it is, anyway. ^_^ There's a sizeable archive, too, so you can probably look forward to hours of enjoyment.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yeah, Super Secret has been pretty enjoyable.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

My succubus girlfriend.
So far, it's not bad. ^_^