The Happy Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by BlairFan »

I just got a new laptop! And happy holidays to all! :-)

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

I bought myself some new Keeper-gloves at a 67% discount! Go me! :) :-bd
The iceman cometh

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I had a little moment of "awww" this morning.

Woke up to my alarm going off to tell me to get the hell up and go to work today. Boo. Rolled over to face the wall and hide from the day, and the next thing I know there's the boy, behind me, writing "I <3 YOU" on my back with his finger.

AWWWWWWW!

And, in part his fault, I missed my bus this morning, so he gave me a lift to work. I shall have to think of something nice to do for him in return. I hate asking for favours.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Friend's having a baby. Friend's having a baby! :D :D *glues self to Facebook for updates* Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Big D

Post by Big D »

I finally laid hands on some albums I've been after -on CD- for years.
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Happy birthday Otaku.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Yesterday, I'd finished my school for the day and went up to the lecture/reading floor, where a couple of freshmen were around the snooker-table. Up comes the third and acknowledges my presence, which is always good. Then, all of a sudden the one in the sofa says: "Hey, Ice, you're coming to the party, right?" Me: "Uh... isn't that' tomorrow?" Snookerist: "Yup." Me: "Yeah, I cannot see why I should not be there. :þ" Others: "Swell."

I feel so appreciated :)
The iceman cometh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

We just received a picture of my brother in the mail. I'm surprised I'm not crying. He looks a LOT like Dad. You can tell he's autistic. We may not be able to see him, but we know what he looks like.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I've been invited by a friend to have dinner with her!!! YAY!! FOOD!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :-bd :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I really do love this place. It's been a virtual home away from home while being at home.

And I love all of you guys.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Thanks Tenjen! We love you too!

Don: cool! Maybe you'll be able to go to that thread tomorrow, the one where you don't have that much to say ;)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Drive-in tonight! AVENGERS! \:d/

loki

Post by loki »

Since I've got a job I've just been happy. In general. It is weird. I like it, though.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Me 11:20 pm
still not done but I got a good 700 words o.o

Friend 11:20 pm
=DDDD
yay!

Me 11:21 pm
whoooooo
first project in... what over a year?

Friend 11:22 pm
in a long time I think

...So I started a writing project. It was originally going to be a post on tumblr asking for fic and/or art and it just.. morphed into writing. I lost what I had on Tumblr and had to start over. Normally, that'd get me to just quit but nope. Re-wrote the thing. Still not done yet. Whooooooooooooooooo.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I CAN FINALLY LEARN THE LYRICS TO "ICH WILL DICH" \o/

I can say filthy German things to people to an electronic beat. Thank you :Wumpscut: and thank you local, German-speaking friend for providing said lyrics. :ymdevil:

German is a language I want to learn, but considering where I live, Spanish is probably a bit more important. It's on the list tho!