The Happy Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Fen »

I'm really happy to have a job :).
(now to not think about all the times I will be just installing and uninstalling programs on an iPhone...or proofreading German/Japanese/French/Spanish/other languages...especially if they involve golf terms)
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

wooooo!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I had a small moment of happy before the perpetual misery that is my life reinstated itself.

I went to the store to get some breakfast. I had six deposit bottles and roughly, 1,50 € in my billfold. I was sure I needed to pay with my card.

I got a bread and some cheese spread which was on sale. Only when I reached the cashier did i start doing a bit of math... to come to the realization that I was missing EXACTLY ONE CENT!!!

So what does one do when one is in such a situation? One looks around on the ground in the hopes of finding that one missing cent piece! Of course, one never finds it when one needs it...

BUT I DID!!! :ymparty: $-) :-bd

Boy, that felt awesome!!! :D

I walked out with food and exactly no money at all on my name. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I'm doing a lot better these days.

You know, health-wise.

I didn't talk a lot about it because initially I was worried that I might have been sicker than anticipated. Luckily, I caught it early enough.

See, I originally went in to get an infection taken care of, but the nurses and doctors seemed a little bewildered by some of my symptoms. So they started asking me some questions, and my answers led the nurse to smile and pick up some utensils... She poked me in the finger and gave it a good squeeze.

And, well, I blacked out.

When I came to, she gave me another smile and said, "Well, that confirms it: you've got anemia!" and then showed me some numbers, which were frightfully low. The doctor told me that if those numbers had been any lower, I would have been applicable for a blood transfusion.

My anemia made it more difficult to fight off the infection I was suffering from, which was why I was in worse condition than most.

They put a needle in my uterus. :( Then they disinfected me and flushed me out. (Gross, I know - sorry.)

I was on bed rest for the first day, and on antibiotics for a little while. I was taking a cocktail of vitamins, too, and had to follow a lot of food restrictions.

After a month of suffering, I'm finally feeling better again. I've been getting a lot of compliments, and a lot of my friends who already knew about me being sick have all mentioned how much better I look and sound these days.

I still have two more months to go through with the routines the doctor's issued. After that, I'm technically home-free.
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ook, my Mother went through that a few years back. Glad to hear you're getting better Sway. :D :ymhug: Eat your liver and onions. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Glad to know you're doing better. :ymhug: That probably would have scared the crap out of me.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Glad you're feeling better...and that sounds horrible :(
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Azrael wrote:Ook, my Mother went through that a few years back. Glad to hear you're getting better Sway. :D :ymhug: Eat your liver and onions. :p

Least it's better than what they used to proscribe, take a handfull of rusty nails, boil them, and drink the water. (My last doc's advice was every few days, a small steak seared in a cast-iron skilet \:d/ And a cup of raisins everyday)

Glad ya feeling better Sway! :ymhug:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Ceci and Ross got engaged.

Just announced on Facebook!

Congratulations to Teacher and Xarlaxas on their upcoming nuptials!
Last edited by Radbaron on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

HUZZAH! :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Someone put together pictures of Robert Downey Jr. and Lucy Liu together.. and then found some pictures of Johnny Lee Miller and Jude Law together. WATSON SWITCHING.

AND THEN SOMEONE FOUND THIS:

I CANNOT CAPSLOCK ENOUGH. OMG OMG :x :x
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Tentatively ECSTATIC.

I went down to the local movie theater all on my own to talk to the manager about getting closed captioning. Turns out, they already have captioning- OPEN captioning! That means the captions are displayed right on the theater screen. SeeThat Deaf Guy for an example. I admit it, I cried. Not in front of him, but when I got back in my truck I just bawled. I haven't been in that theater in YEARS because I thought they didn't have it- and it could be a new thing, I don't know- and I was planning a THREE HOUR TRIP to see it elsewhere because of that.

When I got home, Dad let Mom and me celebrate for a bit before saying "Now, here's the downer..."

He thinks there's a possibility the manager could have lied to me about them having it because it could be required by law for them to have some sort of captioning. He gave an example about a time when he worked at a bus company where his boss lied to a customer and said they had wheelchair lifts when they didn't. Dad went to pick up the guy and naturally, the guy was pissed. His boss later confessed to Dad that he had told him that because of the law. How he got away with it, I don't even know.

So.. I plan on going to see Iron Man 3 like I originally planned, only locally instead of taking a three hour drive to see it. I will raise all sorts of HELL if they don't actually have it.

But yeah, possibly going to be able to start going back to the movies like a regular person. YAY!!

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

That's awesome :) good luck

I don't go to see movies like that personally. I saw one once with a friend in 5th grade and then one in Orlando that my brother wanted to pay for, so movies aren't important to me. :ymhug:
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

hope they do indeed have it so you can get you some movie cinema time!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yay Yira!!!

Interestingly, NOW I actually understand what closed captioning is, I always thought it's what is described as open captioning...

Also, in case the guy DID lie, I hope you are tough enuff to raise a public outrage. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)