The Happy Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Dirty n Evil »

It's the "Happy Thread" Tenjen, you're doing it wrong. :D You say how like me you enjoy the cool nights and how relaxing it is to your eyes on a nice cloudy night. Plus, there are few things better than a nice steady rainstorm lightly tapping away at the roof while you're sleeping. Ah. :)
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

<3 yes i do indeed love that very much :3

Infact my best sleep is when theres a lightning storm.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

As I was walking through the campus today, a guy told me that I was probably the coolest looking guy in the school apart from him. As the man in question is well known for always wearing an oversized, multi-colored hat that would not feel out of place in a Dr. Suess book and yet he somehow makes it look awesome, I found this to be quite flattering. :))
Start running.

Please?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Enjoy Teacher! :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

@Teacher: The game is afoot!

In another of those curious coincidences, I've got the Illustrated Sherlock Holmes collection on my nightstand by the bed and have been slowly re-reading through it.
-->Steve
D.O.M.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

A bit nerdy, but my story picked up two new subscribers today. I think that makes eleven all told. :)
Start running.

Please?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I really like the works of the author Tom Holt, but I never seem to remember to buy his books when there is a really good coupon at work. Well, last week there was a really good coupon and I didn't forget so I ordered them... now, I own the first trilogy of his J. W. Wells & Co.books. :D A Portable Door, In Your Dreams, and Earth, Air, Fire, & Custard. I haven't read them in a couple of years, either, so I'm looking forwards to revisting the fantastically dry sense of humor he has.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

My mum heard that I was cold in the Man-Cave so she bought me a tiny little foot heater. I am so happy now.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Had a very successful yard-sale today, in which I made exactly the amount of money for my yearly Comic-Con trip! :D
Start running.

Please?

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

One of my neighbors was throwing away a perfectly working recliner. So I asked if I could take it, and they said yes.

End result, I now have a recliner in my room, and I got it for free. :D
Start running.

Please?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Sweet. That's like the futon I got for my friends apartment, and the desk/bureau I plan on getting for him as well. My dad and uncle find these beautiful pieces of furniture just on the side of the road getting tossed. So, Saturday I'll be bring home a rolltop desk and hopefully a bureau, if I can fit it in my Subaru :D
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes. After over 60 posts, I am actually posting in this thread! :P

Because I really have something happy to report. Well, mostly, it is just something incredible...

Every summer, we have an undergraduate astronomy student (girl... ;) ) from the US here, financed via the Research In Science and Engineeering (RISE) project of the German Academic Exchange Service.

So, our new lady has been here since Monday. I did not get to meet her until Thursday, although I had heard beforehand she was supposed to be "very quiet". Also, she came here with her boyfriend (although he is leaving next Tuesday).

Anyway, on Thursday, my boss held a little introductory lecture for her, and it was the first time I got to see them. I say hi, shake hands, sit down behind them - and notice that the boyfriend has a T-shirt stating on its back: "The Sound Of Perseverance". :-o A metaller!! (For all who do not know, this is the last Album of the legendary death metal band Death...)

I actually joked later to someone: Can't we keep him and send her back home??

Anyway, move forward to today, Open House Day at the observatory. She was in her office, I just went in to say hi...

And kind of stopped as if hitting a wall.

She was wearing an Obscura-shirt. :-o :-o :-o :-o

If you have never heard of this band, even if you are Az, LSD, Sisk or Mel... It's okay. It's an up and coming but still quite unknown German technical death metal band.

But what the hell is a girl from the US doing with such a shirt??

I then mentioned Thulcandra (which I posted some days ago in the Music thread), since some Obscura-Members play there too - and she knew them!!! And then she tells me that the second Obscura guitarist is her guitar teacher.

:|

Later, her boyfriend (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?) showed up outside with a Cynic hoodie. Fucking hell.

So, yeah. For sure, I have a lot to discuss with her!! :D \m/

New Sithling??? :ympray:

Edit: We later went out to the Mexican restaurant to eat, and I asked her if she was interested in going to the Party-San Open Air, and especially after showing her the setlist today, she really wants to go!!! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I picked the summer's first ripe tomato out of the garden today. All I did was cut it up and sprinkle on a little salt before I ate it.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Don: Oooohhh, is that a love triangle I smell? :-? Had something similar to me happen once: met a girl in my last school's creative writing club who pretty much checked off every box on my list: cute, Asian, petite, quirky, not shy about showing affection even to people she just met, gothic fashion, listens to Within Temptation, a Firefly nut, enjoys writing and likes to do the Timewarp. Unfortunately, her boyfriend was also a member of the club, and I actually liked the guy! :(( He was a pretty cool dude! Ah well...

Also...Mmmm, tomatoes...
Start running.

Please?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

TakerFoxx wrote:Don: Oooohhh, is that a love triangle I smell? :-?
*guffaws*

First off, her boyfriend left yesterday, which already destroys the triangle and theoretically leaves cheating on him... :P
Secondly, I do not condone that.
Thirdly, I don't get girls, simple as that.

Hm, so far, she has not even shown much interest in what I listen to... :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)