The Happy Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by GothPoet »

I just got a spam email that made me laugh.

Apparently, "An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded." :-s

and

"If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated." :-o

And of course, they give me a link to click on.

The funny thing is, I do not, nor have I ever had a World of Warcraft account.

Ah, spamming loser, you suck so hard, but are funny at the same time. =))
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

TakerFoxx wrote:Sorta nerdy, but I got my first subscriber on Fanfiction.net. Considering the story just went up last night, I'd say that's pretty good!
*ears perk up* Do tell :D

@GothPoet: And in the fine print: "Here, click this link and get a FREE VIRUS!! :D " :p

My spring break was very happy :) Family vacation to Las Vegas/the Grand Canyon, and my birthday was the day before we left, so that was awesome too. My fiance got me a new mouse with a tiny USB/plugin thing that doesn't stick out like my last one did :D I guess he noticed how much I complained about it, because every time it got so much as bumped, the light would flash for about 30 seconds-1 minute, and the mouse wouldn't work right until it stopped. Very annoying.

We got back home last night, and I'll hopefully have some pictures/trip synopsis up after all the unpacking and other un-fun stuff is done :p
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

They're getting insistent, they sent me two more emails in the last 2 hours. :))

Well, they're in the spam grumper now, and I contacted Blizzard after the first one to let them know about the stupid phisher. I googled the website the link actually goes to, and it was apparently registered on the 10th. L-)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

SidewaysPlatypus wrote:
TakerFoxx wrote:Sorta nerdy, but I got my first subscriber on Fanfiction.net. Considering the story just went up last night, I'd say that's pretty good!
Um, I don't suppose you're familiar with the Touhou Project?
Start running.

Please?

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

TakerFoxx wrote:
SidewaysPlatypus wrote:
Um, I don't suppose you're familiar with the Touhou Project?
*quick Google run* it looks impressive :p Thought the story might have been about an anime series, but I have a tendency to think fanfiction.net = anime stories. I forgot sometimes that other genres are there too ^^;;
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I'm happy because my good friends are techies and gave me free Win7 and free new vid card.

I'm also happy because my monthly excursion to western Massachusetts is this weekend.

and I'm also happy because because I have a good dinner tonight.

Talking about being happy makes me happy.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Xarlaxas wrote:Healthcare passed! I am most happy! \o/
I was following that on our local newspapers...it was hilarious cos they were bitching about Obama not being able to make it to Australia over healthcare...then they were all "hooray! Obama (who can do no wrong) got the healthcare bill through! :ymparty: "

So I think our newspapers forgive him for postponing his trip cos he got something worthwhile done. :)
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Hooray for the American healthcare getting through! It's about bleeding time. *dance dance*

I'm feeling good because a friend apologized to me wholeheartedly yesterday. Not the same kind of passing band-aid type apology as I had gotten before, but a real one. She had been trying to gloss over things because she didn't want the news to reach her boyfriend, but realized that if she wanted our friendship to heal at all, she was going to have to sit back, accept what had happened, and take the consequences. So now I can forgive her because I want to, not because I feel like I have to. She also told her boyfriend, and from what I gleamed, his reaction wasn't as gracious as mine, but they are working through it. Honestly, I would have dumped her at that point if I were him, but hey.

It sounds weird, but now that my hurt has some narrative significance for her and she's learning from it, I feel a lot more valid, and hopeful too. One out of two is less devastating than none out of two.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

SidewaysPlatypus wrote:*quick Google run* it looks impressive :p Thought the story might have been about an anime series, but I have a tendency to think fanfiction.net = anime stories. I forgot sometimes that other genres are there too ^^;;
Ha, no, game series. If you're interested, it can be found here. Little word of warning though, you kinda need to be familiar with the games' history and all the fandom in-jokes to get the references. Still, the more readers the better!

And it's already at the number three spot on the search list. Hooray!
Start running.

Please?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I just finished writing up my survey. I'm only 3 weeks behind in my schedule, but at least it's up and live now. :-D

That's what I get for working 6 days a week and having a boyfriend I want to keep happy. :)

Also, my old work finally fixed it so that I can claim my weekend hours there, so while I won't be paid that money for another 2 weeks, I will still get paid, and that'll be another $600 in my account come Thursday week.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I'm so glad for you JVD! :D :ymhug:

Huzzah Asaryu! :D :ymhug: Sounds like you're in the pink. Or is that MS? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

I am one step closer to being the official founder of the California State University of Long Beach's Creative Writing Club (wow, that's a mouthful). Talked to the SLD representative on the phone today and set up a meeting to get the ball rolling, and I'm going to try to meet with the English Students' Association tomorrow to get their support. After that comes the paperwork, getting the signatures, and then Houston we are a go!
Start running.

Please?

mac2

Post by mac2 »

That's pretty cool. :-bd

I know from experience how much work helping to run a club is. I can't imagine trying to start one from scratch. Good luck.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Azrael wrote:Huzzah Asaryu! :D :ymhug: Sounds like you're in the pink. Or is that MS? :p
Heeeyoooooooo!!! :))

I am so happy for having weekends off, I do Dance of Joy!! \:D/
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Looks like work has decided that when they said "weekends in March" they meant "weekends until we raplace you". 8-|