The Picture Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

aishabe

Re: The Picture Thread

Post by aishabe »

Bear wrote:
aishabe wrote:Omg Bear, you look like my old AP Bio teacher.
And also a tiny bit like a bear.
But a nice bear!

Hey, anyone else ever watch Yogi Bear?
Hence my previous reply that I remind everyone of someone. lol. And hence the nickname, becuase I'm built like a bear and apparently cuddly like one too. lol.

And I used to watch it when I was younger. Unfortuantely the only Hanna and Barbera type cartoons they still seem to show anywhere here is The Flintstones.

I like the Flintstones and everything...
But where're my Jetsons? Yogi? Wacky Racers? Scooby Doo? The Smurfs? And yes, even the Snorks?
That's why I wish I had DirecTv. Then I would get Boomerang. But no, I'm stuck with Cablevision.
Lady High Vice Mistress, Mistress of Vices

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

Teacher2B wrote:
aishabe wrote: I like the Flintstones and everything...
But where're my Jetsons? Yogi? Wacky Racers? Scooby Doo? The Smurfs? And yes, even the Snorks?
That's why I wish I had DirecTv. Then I would get Boomerang. But no, I'm stuck with Cablevision.
I can't see any of those cartoons nowadays. That happened when I was a small child (late 80's, early-mid 90's). Although, from time to time, the state channel shows old cartoons. The problem is that is around 3 PM, and I'm almost never at home at that time.
In fact, TV is quite awful in these days, and they kept changing programmes and times. I wish I had cable TV...
Bittorent or WebTV is your friend [hacked version preferably].

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

oni wrote:
Teacher2B wrote:
aishabe wrote: I like the Flintstones and everything...
I can't see any of those cartoons nowadays. That happened when I was a small child (late 80's, early-mid 90's). Although, from time to time, the state channel shows old cartoons. The problem is that is around 3 PM, and I'm almost never at home at that time.
In fact, TV is quite awful in these days, and they kept changing programmes and times. I wish I had cable TV...
Thanks! I'll look into thaat.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

oni wrote:
Teacher2B wrote: I can't see any of those cartoons nowadays. That happened when I was a small child (late 80's, early-mid 90's). Although, from time to time, the state channel shows old cartoons. The problem is that is around 3 PM, and I'm almost never at home at that time.
Hell with that, just go to YouTube, Metacafe, Daily Motion, etc. Several sources have bypassed the watermark barriers by uploading copies that've never been touched by watermarks (namely, copies recorded from the television on their original airdates, before watermarking even existed). As a Darkwing Duck fan, it both tickles me and makes me feel a little icky at the same time - I really have mixed feelings about it. :?
Further affiant sayeth not.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I'll reintroduce myself for this thread methinks. I = Ugo, 19 for a few more months, and I don't really have too many up to date pictures. But here's what I do have.

This was taken... probably 3 years ago. Maybe 2. I got a lot of cat calls during the graduation slide show for it. It was really hot that days so those shorts were originally pants that I cut (on the boat) with scissors from my Swisscard.

This one was taken last march at DramaFest. I played an Indian chief and got an All-Cast award for it, even though I forgot one of my lines. It's the one and only play I've ever done. I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon.

Those are really the only pictures of me that I have. Some that people have taken of me...

This was at the beginning of the Trek Across Maine in June. 170+ miles in three days, and I didn't actually train for it. Pretty sweet.

I used my impressive mental instability to create this image. It's actually really cool that this is how the picture originally came out. Me with beard. Thought you should see at least one of those.

That's it for me. I've wanted to get a camera for a while now, but they're all so expensive.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Shrimp looks like he should be called Jesus! ;)

Awesome pics! :D I sense a fellow metal fan...

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Been called Jesus, many a time. Not the biggest metal fan, mostly into classic rock but have a wide variety of tastes, minus country and rap. I do listen to some metal though. I had or one of my friends had a picture of me juggling hacky sacks while looking at the camera, and it looked like i was making them levitate. It's a sweet pic, but I can't find it... :(

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Thanks, MS, now I can get a better look than from the mini avatar photo. Cool pictures. Kinda nice being able to put a face to a posting name.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Yea, I like these kinds of threads. Not that anything is wrong with the androgyny of just a user name, but I like to see how close I am to my mental images. I was way off on bear, I just had a bear in mind. And clearly he's not a bear. Clearly.

I wonder if anyone thought I was a midget... I've had the username since 2001, so about 7 years. I had been 4' 9" for three years at that point, thought I'd never grow. Now I'm 5' 7", and my life goal of being taller than my parents (both 5' 3") is complete. Now, my life has no meaning. So cold inside... so cold...

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Tbh, I figured Shrimp was a pirate of some sorts...and I was right! ;D

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Aye, that I be ye scurvy dog-shrimp.

I was hoping for a more lively response from the lady-types though...

Uh, I like long walks on the beach and puppies! On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea... :mrgreen:

njbarsuli13

Post by njbarsuli13 »

Yikes.

Desperation is not pretty, my friend.

=P

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

midgetshrimp wrote:Aye, that I be ye scurvy dog-shrimp.

Uh, I like long walks on the beach and puppies! On Wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea... :mrgreen:

I LOVE SCONES.

aishabe

Post by aishabe »

Teacher2B wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:Aye, that I be ye scurvy dog-shrimp.

Hope that you do not wish to be a girlie just like your dear papa :D
I am of the lady-types, but my answer is not very lively. But let me tell you that beach+puppies+Monty Python is a good combination (but I'm still trying to make my boyfriend see at least one of MP's films :| ).
YOU FORGOT THE SCONES.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Slappith him for me. He must see! I've seen The Holy Grail, The Meaning of Life, and one other. I need to see the Life of Brian. I must. I can't live without it. Or so I hear.