The Cranky Couch.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

mikbuster

Re: The Cranky Couch.

Post by mikbuster »

Why can't society be all about helping each other and improving oneself instead of whatever this dystopian mess is?

I was not selected for a jury, and the crimes it would have been for are some pretty monstrous things. Humans can be better than this. Why are they still so not? Now that I'm thinking about bed time, apparently my mind has decided it needs to fixate on it.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

A friend of mine lost her husband a few months ago. What was supposed to be their 13th anniversary passed sometime this month. You would think people would be considerate about it and give her time to grieve and whatnot but no. She's had guys ask her out not even a full month after his passing. People keep hinting around or teasing about her being single and available. Just now, she posted to ask that people stop introducing her to their guy friends. I just...seriously??? It's been three months at the MOST. THEY WERE TOGETHER OVER A DECADE. JFC.

Granted I don't know if the asking people not to introduce her to guy friends is related but it's where my mind went. I thought it had died down. Possibly not. People suck.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Speaking of people suck, my mom told me something horrible last week. :(

She was attending a big Thanksgiving bash with all her American friends (in Germany) and they had gotten to the dessert when one of the people (not someone I know, I'm pretty sure) got a phone call.

Her daughter, in the US, had been murdered. :| Killed (with a GUN, of course) by her own boyfriend, who then committed suicide.

Ho... ly... fuck!!!! :-T X_X %-(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*reads latest Trump thing*

A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yeah, rly. Have we really reached "My dick is longer than your dick!"??? /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It appears so. :ymsigh:

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

What!? Somebody said their dicks are bigger? BOMB THEM! :P
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Shhhhh don't give the dude ideas! He's already trigger happy!

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I know it's probably like this all year for a lot of you but some of the news I've seen has made me want to flip America over like a table.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

The person who made that "Damage Report" Star trek post about daily american news was hella on point
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

yiraheerai wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:40 am
I know it's probably like this all year for a lot of you but some of the news I've seen has made me want to flip America over like a table.
Or over your knee, pants down, and whap it with Forbes MAGAzine? :P
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Ha! I was thinking more like a bible belt.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

We are too droll. :-j

Because, WE DO NOT CARE. DO U? b-(
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

@Don Alexander, that jacket made we want Prince's estate to sue. Even if just as a symbolic gesture. :-?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Everybody happy these days!

:-T

Lat weekend, Bill Maher said: "When what you’re doing sounds like an Onion headline, stop" (at the very end, but the entire thing is worth watching)

Today, my mom sends me a German newspaper article. It sounded exactly like an Onion headline.

I couldn't find terribly much on it on the Interwebz, but this gives a reasonable overview.

Basically, certain people on the west coast (of the US) seem to think that mathematics = white supremacy, especially the focus on objectivity and there being a right answer (and usually just a single right answer).

I... can't... even... Oh, wait, a mathematical concept! ^#(^

I'm just going to stop right here, because words fail me.
ImageImage