The Church Of Comic Books

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adamas

Re: The Church Of Comic Books

Post by Adamas »

In the comics his wings are "Hard Light" Constructs thanks to the Black Panther.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_%28comics%29

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

This is it. This is the pinnacle of nerdom. This is the greatest height of nerdery that has ever been reached before.

Peter in Loki’s body on a bus downtown to the real Loki and making an excuse that he’s going to a comic convention.

Never will such levels of pure fucking nerd ever be seen again, it’s just not possible. This is a beautiful day, I am glad I am alive to experience this, god bless.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Geez, are they going to have Peter Parker inhabit the bodies of every Marvel character? For those who don't watch the show, he's also been Wolverine and The Hulk. Though, for some reason, he's always switched with male characters...
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

well, what is he (a "normal" teenage boy) gonna do if he gets switched with White Tiger,or Black Widow? :ymdevil:
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

or if he and Black cat got switched.

Sabrina the teenage witch

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Count de Money's post in the Things You Desire thread wielded this as an ad.

Not really feeling well enough to go through it right now but that seems like GOLD right there.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Tumblr's been making me want to actually get into comic books lately. I'm honestly not sure if it's for me or not. I don't know what to do with how thin and fragile the weekly ones are or what to do about storage. I have.. so little room. Anyone have any suggestions on those fronts?

Also, Marvel's doing a second Civil War. They were fast about killing certain people off. :| Having this come up right when I'm thinking it'd be good to try is.. frustrating. But that's comics.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

It's Marvel. They'll be back.

And maybe even Beethoven. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Binge read The Boys.

Oh my god, i think iam traumatized. in a good way.
ImageImageImage

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

The New Titans #74 (March 1991, DC Comics)

God, they just don't make comics like DC did in the early 1990s. Like this one. Introduction of my girl Pantha, who I LOVED in the TEEN TITANS cartoon and sincerely wish that they had done more with. Pantha and Wildebeest, actually. :)
Attachments
Titans74.jpg
Titans74.jpg (155.02 KiB) Viewed 14073 times
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.