Introduce yourself!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Retiarius

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Retiarius »

Pneumonica wrote:
Retiarius wrote:Recommendations: Subject has latent lethal genetic traits and a lack of interest in reproduction. Cull from herd.
Latent lethal genetic traits? Right on, brother. I'm diabetic. :D
Same here. Either that or getting run down while biking will get me before “natural causes” do. Odds change daily! Check your bookie!
I think outside the tesseract.

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

I'm Aaron, and I helped suggest this thread! Wheeeee!

Anyways, I'm 18, live outside Chicago, going to college in the fall, and want to go into radio broadcasting. Currently, I host my own radio show (which you can listen to online, Monday's 4-5 central time, whpk.org) and when I go off to college, I plan to continue doing so.

I watch a lot of movies and tv (mostly cartoons and professional wrestling in the latter) and don't read as much as I want, due to my lack of attention span and lack of patience with good material.

I also acted a lot in high school, so I will continue doing that in college.

That's me!
Gonk

myspace.com/karmazzi

Kazmar

Post by Kazmar »

Hi I'm Al,
21, I live in London where I'm finishing off my masters in Tissue Engineering. I LOVE tech stuff and enjoy making computers and other thingamabobs (found word on firefox spell check).

I'm also head of a gaming group, wannabe writer and keen cyclist.

I love the strip and so does my girlfriend and I can't wait to see what happens to Gary.

;)

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

I am ShadowRaven AKA TehTimmah, but best known simpley as Tim.
I dwell near the miniscule hamlet of Winfield Alberta, Canada. Other side of the country from our intrepid tale spinners, saddly. I look somethng like this :ugeek: only with more hair on top. My life is Photography and Goju ryu karate, hobbies include music of almost all genres, with the exception of 'gangsta rap' books, art, and tabletop gameing. D&D, Legend of the Five Rings, and Classic Battletech being the games of choice, but I'll play just about anything if the group is good, and newb friendly.

J2talk

Post by J2talk »

Hail and well met!!!
My name is John and I am 38 yrs old, married with 2 children currently living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
I enjoy Reading-Scifi and Fantasy, fiction,mysteries
TV- CSI,NCIS,Dexter,Chuck,The Daily Show,Colbert Report....Too many to list
Flim-From LoTR to the Usual Suspects again too wide a varity to list
Comics- From ElfQuest to Xmen a wide range here as well....
Online Comic-my daily read list is up to about 25 regulars from Pvp to The Devils Panties to the newest addition in Menage a 3. Anybody got and new recomendations?
Nascar Racing
Music-a little bit of everything...
I suppose I am a bit introverted- you think? with the hobbies i have?- indeed I've been diagnosed with Agoraphobia - they use to just say I was SHY.........

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

J2talk wrote:Hail and well met!!!
My name is John and I am 38 yrs old, married with 2 children currently living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
You're kidding!!! :shock: I'm a Yooper too! I'm in Marquette County, how about you?

J2talk

Post by J2talk »

dianekikiula wrote:
You're kidding!!! :shock: I'm a Yooper too! I'm in Marquette County, how about you?

Delta County, Specifically in Gladstone

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

J2talk wrote:
dianekikiula wrote:

Delta County, Specifically in Gladstone
Cool. I'm in Harvey, outside Marquette.

So, being a comic fan, are you familiar with the Green Dragon in Escanaba? :) Love that store.

Singravitas

Post by Singravitas »

Allow me to re-introduce myself
My name is Hov', OH, H-to-the-O-V
I used to move snowflakes by the O-Z
I guess even back then you can call me
CEO of the R-O-C, Hov'!
Fresh out the fryin pan into the fire
I be the, music biz number one supplier
Flyer/flier than a piece of paper bearin my name
Got the hottest chick in the game wearin my chain, that's right
Hov', OH - not D.O.C.
But similar to them letters, "No One Can Do it Better"
I check cheddar like a food inspector
My homey Strict told me, "Dude finish your breakfast"
So that's what I'ma do, take you back to the dude
with the Lexus, fast-forward the jewels and the necklace
Let me tell you dudes what I do to protect this
I shoot at you actors like movie directors
This ain't a movie dog
Let me get this straight. You think that your employer, one of the richest men in the world, is spending his nights running around the city beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands? And your plan is to blackmail him? Good luck.

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Uh, hi. I'm Dan, and I can't beat Singravitas' introduction in a thousand years. :shock:
Came to MA3 (and LOVE it!!) from...StripTease, I think, but I can't actually remember. My memory can be unreliable like that; this is why I'm more of a nerd than a geek - Generalization instead of Specialization. Here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, I work as a security drone to pay the bills and as a local band's merch guy* for fun, and I would go to more concerts if my drone-schedule would allow it. Which it does not, therefore I hate it.
I live with 2 dogs and 3 cats, and sometimes a roommate whenever she comes into town from her job.

*I promise I'm not here just to promote them; that would be wrong. But, y'know, if you feel like it, you could check out their webpages in my signature.
Last edited by MerchManDan on Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Sination

Post by Sination »

Hmm.. Let's see.. My name is John, although I usually go by Jay, I'm 17, but you couldn't guess that if you tried. I'm going on my senior year in high school, I currently have my Net+ Comptia networking certification (Just means I know things about networks) and I'm working on my Server+ (Means I know things about servers). Ever since I could hold a controller I was a gamer, I love watching anime, and eating M&Ms with peanuts in them (which I'm doing currently). I like pretty much all music excet country and rap, and can't stand racists and "gangsters" as they seemed to be fed paint chips as a child. I'm single, I plan on working as a networking technician/administrator, and doing what I love on the side (gaming, and women). I don't really know what else to include, so I'll leave it at that. Also, if you think you have me figured out by reading this, you're 100% mistaken.

Avistew

Post by Avistew »

Hi all!

My name is Alice, I'm 23, I'm married and have a female cat. I'm French (from France) but my husband is Canadian (from Alberta). We live in France and he's trying to learn the language, as his years in school are long gone (he's 31).
I came upon the site after seeing an ad that had Zii bumping into Didi. Intrigued (I have to say I have big breasts, F cup, or DDD in North America, and I thought "man, maybe I can relate to this comic!"), I started reading and got captivated.
In the end I don't relate to Didi as much as I relate to Gary, interestingly.
I also went on to read Penny and Aggie and Cool Cat Studio... I don't know which I prefer so far, but Ma3 is still too young to say, I think.

Hi to you all and I can't wait to read more of Mà3 ^^

J2talk

Post by J2talk »

dianekikiula wrote: Cool. I'm in Harvey, outside Marquette.

So, being a comic fan, are you familiar with the Green Dragon in Escanaba? :) Love that store.
Yes I used to be a regular there......

Cyberwasteland

Post by Cyberwasteland »

Uhm, hi.
I'm Kurt, I live in Belgium. (long time reader, first time poster :) )
I'm sixteen years old and am currently enjoying my summer hollyday (yipee :D )
Next year I'll be following computer science classes in school, but I've been programming on my own for a while.
I am a big fan of (web)comics.
I like cartooning and drawing myself aswell and have made a few short animations (wich are all lost :( )
I too have a webcomic, http://cyberwasteland.freehostia.com , It's a comical sci fi comic (a Sci Fi adventure with two geeks caught in the middle of it), so check it out if you like that. (I must warn you, it's not the best example of my drawings, but I do it al on a PC with my mouse(!))

That's pretty much it I gues (Jeez, no wild & dangerues adventures, this is pretty boring, huh?)

dunit

Post by dunit »

Singravitas wrote:Allow me to re-introduce myself
My name is Hov', OH, H-to-the-O-V
I used to move snowflakes by the O-Z
I guess even back then you can call me
CEO of the R-O-C, Hov'!
Fresh out the fryin pan into the fire
I be the, music biz number one supplier
Flyer/flier than a piece of paper bearin my name
Got the hottest chick in the game wearin my chain, that's right
Hov', OH - not D.O.C.
But similar to them letters, "No One Can Do it Better"
I check cheddar like a food inspector
My homey Strict told me, "Dude finish your breakfast"
So that's what I'ma do, take you back to the dude
with the Lexus, fast-forward the jewels and the necklace
Let me tell you dudes what I do to protect this
I shoot at you actors like movie directors
This ain't a movie dog
That is a very good Jay-Z track, so are you Jay-z?
Anyway, Hi, I'm Dan. I am in Med school in Montreal, and currently taking my summer break from med lightly but just trying to finish up my Masters' degree (i hate my life :| ). I have a fiancee and may by possibly getting married by the end of the year. Though none of degrees that have or am in the process of acquiring are about computers/technology, that is my second love, first love being cars, nice cars. I hope to own an Astonmartin Vanquish one day but if not that alteast a Vantage. So i guess the order would be Cars, technology, games, sports, and.. i think i might be forgetting something (EDIT: Fiancee).
Anyway that's me.