Introduce yourself!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

totoro

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by totoro »

I'm Tennille.
I'm 19 and live in Canada with my boyfriend.
I'm into cosplay, anime, or really just anything to do with Japan.

LocalYokel

Post by LocalYokel »

Hey people! LocalYokel here. I spend my days running background checks on people and performing various research tasks. I am very good at what I do. My employers think I am omniscient and that my work takes enormous amounts of effort and skill... so naturally I have lots of time to look at webcomics!

Also a big fan of Girl Genius, Sinfest, Two Lumps, and xkcd.

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Long time lurker, giving in at last.

I'm a native Angeleno, but I grew up in New York. I hacked around with comics when I was younger, but I have since found other ways of starving to death. My childhood and youthful comic influences include Mad magazine (when it was GOOD, remember?), Peanuts, Pogo, DC war comics, The Spirit, Asterix, Tintin, Andy Capp, Herblock, BC, Classic Comics Illustrated. I never dug superheroes (or heroines, strangely); grownups running around in their underwear just seemed silly to me then. I don't see much I like out there now, but I'm a very big Love & Rockets fan.

I don't care for any of the other webcomics I've seen, mainly because most of them are badly drawn. This is a blessed exception, and I guess that's why I'm hooked. I haven't seen such hilarious expressions on character's faces in many years. Thanks Giz, keep up the good work. (PS: any chance for a crossover guest shot by Hopey Glass in this strip? She and Zii would get along like a house afire.)

--Ray D
Last edited by Ray D on Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jezzi

Post by Jezzi »

Hi,
I'm Jezzi. I'm a transgendered actor from Chicago and a retired 8th grade U.S. history teacher. I also write TG fiction and create TG modified comic covers.

I like the artwork for all three strips and like the Menage a 3 story so far. I'm an Eagle Scout AND proud member #273 of The Vanity Club :-) http://www.vanityclub.com/ So there, BSA!

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Let's see. Where to begin?

My name is Brandon. I'm 31 years old. I live in Carrollton, Georgia (41 miles SW of Atlanta). I'm a fan of webcomics, y'know the USUAL suspects: Something Positive, Two Lumps, Least I Could Do, Theater Hopper, Joe Loves Crappy Movies, etc. Imagine my shock when I stumbled upon this absolutely wonderful comic. Never thought I'd ever find another webcomic that I looked forward to reading as much as I did Krazy Krow's (now-defunct) Krakow...but hey I did!

More about me? Aw shucks, I'm flattered that you'd ask!

I like movies, good anime (I've recently discovered the Godliness that is Appleseed Ex Machina), video games, reading, DC comics, pro wrestling, heavy metal, dogs, history and watching TV. I LOVE historical documentaries, Futurama, Family Guy, Reba, X-Files, etc. I live with my crippled aunt because she needs someone to look after her...and I guess I'm elected huh? Re: I'm a 30 something pop culture nerd who likes anime, video games, comic books, movies and TV. If you haven't yet run screaming into the night...congrats, you are a cool person (No matter what anyone may say, so called normal people can be "pricks").

Gisele, thanks so much for starting up this comic. I've been a fan since like the third strip and I'm hopelessly hooked. What can I say? Menage A 3 is a masterpiece!

:D
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Atlanta? <3 Mike Vick. What's it like there?

brnleague99

Post by brnleague99 »

Phoenix wrote:Atlanta? <3 Mike Vick. What's it like there?
Boring. All the best heavy metal concerts pass it by because Atlanta's known for having a crooked promoter that once tried to rip off Ozzy Osbourne.

:roll:

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Gah, no metal?! :o I'd die.

WangyJohn

Post by WangyJohn »

Related by a stretch, but I used to play D&D with a metalhead from Atlanta. According to him, there were a decent amount of gigs back in his day, though, he was orientated towards the more extreme styles.

brnleague99

Post by brnleague99 »

Phoenix wrote:Gah, no metal?! :o I'd die.
I didn't say "none". Just a lot pass though.

8-)

BlakAdder

Post by BlakAdder »

Okay, I might as well.
My name is Anthony, I am 16, and am a budding novelist. Right now, I have no job and am not in a relationship, but I don't really mind.
I am working hard in school, and I hope to get into a good college. The internet is the only thing that keeps me sane.
I am a caffeine addict, my favorite source of caffeine being Monster, and I have no plans on ever breaking the habit.
I like classic rock and metal, good manga, and sleeping.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

BlakAdder wrote:Okay, I might as well.
My name is Anthony, I am 16, and am a budding novelist. Right now, I have no job and am not in a relationship, but I don't really mind.
I am working hard in school, and I hope to get into a good college. The internet is the only thing that keeps me sane.
I am a caffeine addict, my favorite source of caffeine being Monster, and I have no plans on ever breaking the habit.
I like classic rock and metal, good manga, and sleeping.
Jesus, if you were two years older you'd be my best friend's twin.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Name's Marc. I'm a Graphic Designer and freelance tat designer. Found this web-comic from random googling..looking for some new stuff to add to my current reading list of web-comix :)

So far, I'm imressed and looking forwar dto where this story is going :)

Kudos!
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

semifamous

Post by semifamous »

Might as well introduce myself...

I'm semifamous... literally. Had a somewhat popular online celebrity gossip column in the 90s, then went to work for 6 years as an editor with a major movie site, but mostly because a joke I wrote 11 years ago has become an urban legend and still circulates around the Internet.

My artistic skills are rudimentary....

Drawing of a Suicidal Giraffe
Collage With Public Domain Images

I'm gonna be forty, and not in some far distant time, but real soon like. Have a toddler-age son, another son due to be born about a month after I turn 40, and somehow I found and married a cheerleader with a deep inner geek who likes all the geeky stuff I do.

I write, program, and do mediocre art.

And that's me.

Beelzebozo

Post by Beelzebozo »

Its Beelzebozo time... :lol: Clown from hell...
I don't know if you remember my face, but my real name is Joel.
Im a great fan of Bill Hicks, and i have to admit than i fall in love with this comic,
im from a small island in the caribean sea, Dominican Republic.

This comic is really good, it have a smart stile and a bastard sence of humor,
i love that, you guys are doing a good job in here.

Keep going... :D
"Today, a young man on LSD realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather..." Willian Melvin "Bill" Hicks.