Now Watching....?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

sanzo

Re: Now Watching....?

Post by sanzo »

Daria, which I just bought, and Boondocks, which I borrowed from a friend but will buy as soon as I have some money

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

The original X-Men cartoon. 4.5 out of 5 seasons watched so far. I had just finished the arc dealing with Apocalypse and the Time Axis when my dad came home and took the remote.

Why do I have a feeling that, as soon as I finish the series, I'm going to be browsing the internet for all things X-Men?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

whose line is it anyway. Damn you Richard Simmonds

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I finished watching season 2 of Dollhouse sunday morning. It was good and i honestly didn't expect the ending/plot twist. B-)

Too bad there won't be a season 3. :(
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

russell howard's good news :)

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Almost done with season 1 of MLP, having managed to squeeze in "Party of One" before work, which by the way has cemented Pinkie Pie as my favorite character. It was a close race between her and Rainbow Dash, but RD just can't compete with the awesome that is PP gone mad. And dear god, did she go mad, I'm impressed how far they took things with her break down, you could all but hear her mind shattering throughout the after-birthday party.

It also convinced me that Pinkie is the most powerful of the main cast. She can run as fast or faster than Rainbow Dash can fly, her death glare is a far more intense thing than Fluttershy's Stare, and she is a reality warper to a degree Twilight could only dream of being; she's appeared inside a mirror, can predict the future, and she's appeared in two places at once a few times. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Rocky, Sir-Lints-a-Lot and the other replacement friends had actually been momentarily animated by her power rather than just being an artistic representation of how badly her mind was broken. After all, Rainbow Dash did get into an argument with Rocky.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Anyone else going to give Terra Nova a chance when it comes out? I'm generally a sucker for anything with dinosaurs in it, so I'll at least watch the premier.

For those who haven't heard a damn thing about it yet...
Wikipedia wrote:The show begins in the year 2149, a time when all life on planet Earth is threatened with extinction (suggested in trailers to be due to dwindling worldwide air quality). In an effort to save the human race, scientists develop a time machine allowing people to travel 85 million years back in time to prehistoric Earth. The Shannon family (father Jim, his wife Elisabeth, and their three children Josh, Maddy and Zoe) join the tenth pilgrimage of settlers to Terra Nova, the first human colony on the other side of the temporal doorway. However, they are unaware that the colony is in the middle of a group of carnivorous dinosaurs.
Depending on the over all amusement factor, I might be willing to over look even the more serious breaches of common sense and science. Though I have learned one thing to give me cause for real concern...Brannon Braga is one of the producers. Hopefully this will be counter balanced by Spielberg being the other.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I've seen a couple of ads for it and I might give it a shot. I can usually ignore elements of a story that shouldn't be thought about too much as long as the writing and acting are above average.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

tenebrusmke79

Post by tenebrusmke79 »

I am not watching anything right this minute, but late last night and earlier today, I watched Steamboy on Hulu and the latest Bleach (available to me) on Crunchyroll.

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

have i got news for you :)

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Watched the latest NCIS episode a few hours ago.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

The old Spiderman cartoon (from 1967 I believe) and it's so terrible it's great :))
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Just watched Haloid for about the 12th time. Still amazing.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Documentaries on Vlad Dracula (That's what they're calling him in this one :P) on the History Channel. Right now, they're going into how his castle was built. Before, it was about his arch enemies family and their research about him. Before that, a documentary on vampires in general.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

Oh, i've seen that one before Yira. :)

Atm i'm watching Toegoff's LP of DA: Origins on youtube.