Now Watching....?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Now Watching....?

Post by yiraheerai »

...I have no idea what the name of this movie is, but it's got premonitions in CSI-esque flashes and really fucking gory deaths.

I just want to watch ponies ;_________________; But my headsets don't work with my laptops jack, so.... *prods parents to CHANGE THE CHANNEL PLEASE*
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Wierd Al Live! The Al-pocalypse tour.

There's just something about seeing a grown man dressed as a peacock singing "Perform this way" :p
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Dad's got the TV on National Geographic. There's a man's expedition to the South Pole attempting to break world records there. It's not going well. At all. X_X I've already shouted "DON'T DIE, DUDE," like two or three times already. Antarctica needs to give him a freaking break DDD:

Edit: Oh god, the guy's got frostbite on his CHEEK. "Hard as a rock," he says. He doesn't care because he's really close to the pole. Dude. DUDE. YOU'RE GONNA LOSE APPENDAGES DDDD:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

AND ALL ON NATIONAL TV!!! :-bd

[/Sarcasm]
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Dad likes to watch American Chopper and tonight, they're having a live build off between Senior, Junior and Jesse James. We've followed it for a few days and I loathed Jesse James from the start. Something about his attitude just grinds my nerves. He's so over-the-top arrogant and proudly voices any and all foul-mouthed opinion he has.

...I did not want to like his bike. And yet his bike is the simplest, actual motorcycle and comfortable looking bike out of the three. It's the only practical one. Fine, I'll like your bike but A FINGER TO YOU, SIR. TWO MIDDLE ONES. :ymtongue:

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

...Not a lot of TV watchers here. :-s

ABC's got this show, Once Upon a Time. It's a new look on old fairy tales and they just killed off the first of what I suspect will be many characters that isn't solely as a plot device. To their credit, he was given a bigger role in the show than in the fairy tale he's in. I liked their take on the guy :(

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I've been watching My Ordinary Life lately. It's had me laughing my @$$ off at its absurdity.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Dad's got the TV on the movie "Frozen." I'm sure it's based on a true story, but I don't want to hear about how three skiiers got trapped on a ski lift, one ends up falling off and eaten by wolves, the other loses skin on her hand, etc, etc, until they're found/they escape. X_X

Survival stories always end up equaling to horror stories for me T_T

Edit: OH SHI-- IT'S A SOLE SURVIVOR STORY. WOOOOOOLLLVVVEEEES ;____;

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

D: but if the lift was stuck wouldn't people have gone to check?!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I didn't see the beginning, but the preview on TVguide.com read this:
Three snowboarders are trapped on a ski lift when the resort shuts down as they're heading up the mountain. Dan, Joe, and Parker talk their way into a free ride on the lift, but their good luck turns to terror when the chairs suddenly stop. As a snowstorm blows in, the three friends realizes to their horror that the resort doesn't reopen until the following weekend and they must find a way to escape on their own.
So it sounds like whoever let them on didn't want to get in trouble and didn't tell anyone they were on there. Either way, the person is probably screwed. Two eaten by wolves and another barely saved by crawling to the road T____T The only reason she wasn't eaten is because she caught them eating a friend who had tried to get help. They were already getting their fill. Ugh. :ymsick:

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

They're still perpetrating the "eaten by wolves" myth, eh? /:)
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Yup.

One guy, I could actually understand. It's a snowstorm on a high mountain. There just happens to be a person who slipped and/or jumped down and broke his leg to the point where bone was jutting out right below the knee. Couldn't walk, he was screaming bloody murder, etc. Wounded prey. Right there. And everyone who probably keeps the wolves away from the resort is gone.

The second guy was just gratuitous. AND THEY SHOWED THE REMAINS WHILE THE WOLVES WERE EATING HIM >______<

Looks like it wasn't based on a true story. GOOD. I CAN THROW TOMATOES AT IT NOW.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Oh man. So I decided to turn up late to the Game of Thrones party. Or, as I endearingly call it, The Incest-and-Backstabbing-on-Horses Variety Hour.

It is quite an excellent show.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Incest on Horses?

or with........
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

On horses. Everything happens on horses. But given the nature of the show, horses having sex with their siblings and stabbing eachother in the back would not surprise me.

It was either that name or Stoic Sean Bean Dies in Another Fantasy Setting.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.