Now Watching....?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Now Watching....?

Post by Artemisia »

who was that who likes Doctor Who. No clue.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Patton
Location: Terran Empire, California Province, Earldom of Orange

Post by Patton »

No cable access, so I only have my dvd player. But currently...Aeon Flux. Oops, Æon Flux. #-o
The antediluvian kings colonized the world
All the Gods who play in the mythological dramas
In all legends from all lands were from far Atlantis

Donovan, Atlantis (1968)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Artemisia wrote:who was that who likes Doctor Who. No clue.
Him. Loki. You know. The exploder of ovaries.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I've never watched a silent movie before. And yet out of the blue, I find on TMC this Lon Chaney silent movie called Laugh, Clown, Laugh. I'd never heard of it, but within a minute of seeing Lon Chaney's expressive gestures and looks without a single spoken word... I had to watch it, despite missing the first ten minutes of it.

And then I realized what the story was about. FU, universe. No, really... FU. I've heard about this story before, referred to by my favorite Smokey Robinson song Tears of a Clown. It's how I've long seen myself. But to have this odd coincidence, encountering this movie after how I've been feeling lately... it's salt in the wound. Not cool.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Re: the latest NCIS episode

GLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSBEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG

A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yes, much suckage indeed. :(
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

New litter on The Kitten Cam.

Mom is Ripley. Kittens are Bishop, Newt, Parker, Dallas, and Ash.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hah!! A cat-crazy friend of mine told me a few days ago, and my immediate reply was "Ripley? As in Alien?" and she was all IDK.

I KNEW it.

Again only one girl? Pity, if there was another, they should have named her Vasquez!! :YMBRINGITON:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mac2

Post by mac2 »

They do come up with some pretty good themes for naming the kittens.

This time it's three girls, two boys. Ash, Bishop, and Newt are the girls.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, in that case, the names are pretty misleading.

Vasquez would have been such a hardcore kitty. :P
ImageImage

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Don't forget Spunkmeyer, Death From Above.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Cpl. Ferro was the pilot, Pvt. Spunkmeyer was her RIO.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

oopsie
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So there was a new show that premiered on Fox tonight. "The Following," starring Kevin Bacon.

...If it was their intention to absolutely horrify their viewers, they did it right. Hope to GOD we will not be watching it again. I missed 2 Broke Girls because it was on and it was not worth it.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, that was it. :(

Big Bang Theory, Season 5, completed. Now to wait until the end of the year to get Season 6 on DVD...

But of course the series watching continues, and we have now switched to Heroes!!! So far, like 9 episodes of Season 1 in, and. It. Is. Awesome!

Also, Hayden Panetierre!!! :x :x :x
ImageImage