Where's your avatar from? With added username discussion!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Where's your avatar from? With added username discussion!

Post by Don Alexander »

LadySheDevil wrote:I seem to have this thing with needing 3 words in my username,
;)) LSD is the Dimmu Borgir of Ma3ites. :P (Only very few will get this...)

And I recall that Nightwish avvy very well, must have been more than a day. I luff the bunny one.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ajax

Post by Ajax »

My username is borrowed from The Warriors. Ajax was a supreme bad-ass, enough said.

My avatar is Groucho Marx as President Rufus T. Firefly (My IRC handle is Firefly, I often tell people online my name is Ajax T. Firefly) from the 1933 Marx Brothers political satire, Duck Soup.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.” - Groucho Marx

Agent Spin

Post by Agent Spin »

My avatar is just a random gif I've encountered on my internet journeys that I thought was cute. I'll probably change it sometime.

My username is a reference to the game Elite Beat Agents (fantastic game, by the way). I use a lot of different names. I tend to use a different one for everything these days, simply because of how easily they could be linked together, and I'm a paranoid guy (uhhh, not that I have anything to hide, of course....).
True Bro

PrickOfDestiny

Post by PrickOfDestiny »

My avatar is Thalia (from my comic) doing the "awesome" face.

My nickname comes from Tenacious D's Pick of Destiny and my somewhat vicious, aggravating tactics in multiplayer games.
Image Launched!

Stroudomatic

Post by Stroudomatic »

My avatar, of course, comes from a vat of pure distilled eighties awesome. The song "The Touch" by Stan Bush appeared in the 1986 Transformers animated movie. Some genius out there decided to illustrate its power by giving Optimus Prime a guitar. I approve whole-heartedly.

Stroudomatic has been my forum handle and callsign back since high school and playing Battletech. It's my last name, with "omatic" added to it - I like robots and machines, and my first name was always so common that it was much easier to go by the last name. Many of my close friends have never once called me by my first name.
"IT'S BECAUSE OF THE UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE."
"What's that?"
"I'M NOT SURE."

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Any relation to Survivorman? :) BTW, did you know that "The Touch" is in the new movie, also MuteMath's Transformer's Theme?

My avatar was chosen for me by a wonderful lady on these forums, and since she asked nicely, I used it. Also I didnt want a paddling! My name is a derivative of the Red Baron, of course, but since everyone wants to be him, and I'm slightly crazy (heh, slightly) I went with Rad(ical)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Stroudomatic

Post by Stroudomatic »

Radbaron wrote:Any relation to Survivorman? :) BTW, did you know that "The Touch" is in the new movie, also MuteMath's Transformer's Theme?

My avatar was chosen for me by a wonderful lady on these forums, and since she asked nicely, I used it. Also I didnt want a paddling! My name is a derivative of the Red Baron, of course, but since everyone wants to be him, and I'm slightly crazy (heh, slightly) I went with Rad(ical)
Probably as much relation to Survivorman as it is to Marcus Stroud of NFL fame...which is to say, I have no idea if at all.
"IT'S BECAUSE OF THE UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE."
"What's that?"
"I'M NOT SURE."

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

Radbaron wrote:Any relation to Survivorman? :) BTW, did you know that "The Touch" is in the new movie, also MuteMath's Transformer's Theme?

It's only just now that I realise your name ISN'T Redbaron lol

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

For many months I didn’t bother with an avatar. My current avatar is, of course, the evil monkey that lives in Chris’s closet from the animated series, Family Guy. My previous avatar was a scaled down version of a Grammar Police badge that was posted by another forumite.

The user name is one I’ve used for years, possibly even before the Internet, in BBS and later Usenet “discussions” (not really flame wars but always simmering at the edges). The retiarius was an arena fighter in Roman times—gladiator would be the common word but something of a misnomer because the retiarius fought with a net and trident, not with a sword as the root of the word gladiator might imply.

One of my older computer’s network names is “Trident”, so the reason for the name should be fairly evident now, even if I don’t go in for that kind of stuff these days. It was an entertaining but pointless sort of hobby.
I think outside the tesseract.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Well my ava is from the anime Kimagure orange road (very cute series). I took it since it looked very cute (been using it since around 2002). Hikaru might be a bit annoying but she is a nice cute girl. Never found any avatar i liked even more (did use hisoka (yami no matsuei) for a little while on some forums but went back to this (maybe i am just to used to it).

My username is kind of easy i wanted a writersname to post stories under on some websites. Since my previous nick was used a lot and i got slightly bored of it I wanted a change. The first mmo character i ever created was called Demoness. I got rather attached to that name but since it was to female i didn't wanna use it plus it didn't really sound as a name. Then i figured if i removed the first e it would be D Moness, now it looks more like a real name plus you still pronounce it the same as my mmo character.

Eight

Post by Eight »

Mine is......me.

My old one, which most of you will remember, was Brandon Flowers, singer of The Killers. :D

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

And the name? It's killin' me!
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pssst, it's his age! ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

It's his shoe size!
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

In inches, it's the length of his... ringfinger.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.