Where's your avatar from? With added username discussion!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: Where's your avatar from? With added username discussion!

Post by Dirty n Evil »

My avatar is of 'Beast Boy' from the animated cartoon Teen Titans. While I'm not green, it has been commented that with my impish half-grin and even slightly pointed ears I actually slightly resemble ol' BB. I chose him as a picture because at heart I'm a big kid, enjoying being a goofball and liking to get a good laugh out of my pals even if it is at my own expense. It's the only avatar I've used, and I think if I were to change it at this point I might throw people into shock. (LOL)

"Dirty n Evil" is actually an old nickname from hockey. I'm a tough guy defenseman, the player the other teams love to hate. I just have a very natural talent of knocking people over with my shoulders and hips... plus I have abnormally long arms, so I'm all elbows. Anyway, after a particularly good game in which I rarely allowed a shot on goal during my shifts and actually managed two assists, a young lady comes up to me as I leave the bench and starts poking me in the chest. Come to find out later she's the girlfriend a player on the other team. "You!" (Poke, poke) "You! Are dirty... and evil!" Well, my team at the time loved quirky little things like that, and they all just fell down laughing. It was so popular, I actually had a jersey made up once with "Dirty & Evil" stitched on the back for my name.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

=))

That's a great story...And here I thought it was just a name. ^_^
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Farthingale has a long and fancy history, dating back to around 1998 when I really started getting heavily into David Bowie and his music and art and philosophies (and pants). One of his first girlfriends in his 60s art-mime-theatre-hippy phase was named Hermione Farthingale, which was such an utterly awesome name that I stole the surname for the main character in my novel "Large Glass", who was called Rose Farthingale. The name kind of morphed for alternate universe versions of the character: where Rose Farthingale is still a character I use, there is also, obviously, Farsingeru, and then there's Frth En Geil, my Tribal-future Welsh assassin/adventurer character.

The name's just so freakin cool. I'm branding it across the web. ;D Was so annoyed when someone on Twitter got there first. :|

My avatar, whereas, is just an Utena montage. :3
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

mayhemeffect

Post by mayhemeffect »

My avatar is from my back.
Hugs & Curses

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

I was about...5-6? I really liked the band Phoenix and the Phoenix bird(it's been a long-lasting passion of mine, the Phoenix). Sadly, I was very bad at spelling, and would spell it Fenix.
Games back then had 3 letter save-games, so it turned to Fen. I started using it IRL when i strted going to net cafes to play counterstrike&other games(although i often used the psyhotic froggie on CS, for some reason...), and ofc since I was kind of a freak anyway people would ignore it. For some reason, it got stuck with people IRL, who rarely know my name anymore and always end up calling me fen. (funny thing is that I haven't introduced myself as Fen for about 2 years now...but everyone still calls me that. even people whom I've never told of the fen nickname o.O). I lol'din 7th grade when we learned of the Fenlands(a.k.a. Country of the Fen) in the UK.

The avatar is faye from Questionable Content, a character who I used to resemble a lot(and, public image only, still do). Cranky, filled with issues, bodacious, ravenous, alcoholic and even dads that have killed themselves. She isn't really me anymore, but has a lot in common with my image and online persona. I'm hoping to change that someday though. Been my avatar for years.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

The original one.

Photographed through a shopping mall window during Halloween over twenty years ago.

The current one.

It's a secret! ;)

I'm also considering creating an avatar from one of these just to be provocative.

And the user name Milnoc? It was intended as an email throwaway name many years ago, but it stuck. I even have it as a domain name which points to my no-longer-updated Web site (my main site is now my business site). So if you search for Milnoc on the Web, you'll find me at many places. Just don't be too shocked by some of the things you may find. I'm a bit... unusual. 8-}

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

*looks at his avatar...sighs...*

Yeah, folks here know mine...

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

My name is legend...I've had it for nigh on 15 years now...I'm a chess player and have had that nom de plume since play-by-post using email started.

My current avatar is Zii...borrowed from the Slipshine horizontal banner featuring MA3. It's nice...I'm surprised that I still have it. On other sites, I've got a habit of swapping out avatars weekly.
banksy_Love_rat.jpg
banksy_Love_rat.jpg (4.46 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

I think I mentioned this once back in the dark ages of this forum, but my avatar and name both come from the classic game "The Awful Green Things from Outer Space" by the awesome game designer, Tom Wham, first published in The Dragon magazine around 1980 or so. (I *think* it's still in print somewhere... Last version I bought was a Steve Jackson Games edition...) Amongst the possible weapons scattered around the ship were several Cans of Zgwortz, a foodstuff of sorts -- it could have any kind of effect on the Awful Green Things ranging from blowing them to bits, to making them grow exponentially. :D My avatar is a reworked image of a Can of Zgwortz from the game.

I first used the name Zgwortz as a character name (Sir Zgwortz, a paladin) in a D&D game probably around 1983ish, and continued using it as a handle on assorted BBS systems and later in online RPGs and eventually all over the Internet. (To the point where 16 out of the top 20 Google hits on "zgwortz" are me... :D )
-->Steve
D.O.M.

farthingale
Gynecratic Romanticist

Post by farthingale »

Sweet pedigree on that name! Also, bravissimo on that Google Rank. Very classy.
Dashing Gentlelady of the Elder Cave Harem. Defender of Honour, Ripper of Bodices.
Image Image

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

I just have to say that I second Don's avvy being awesome, as that same image rocked my desktop for a few years.

Mine? The Prisoner. Boring and old, I know. So am I. :p
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Thanks! :ymblushing:

Hm, didn't you just have no avvy beforehand? :P

Well, you're NobodySpecial, no wonder you're boring and old. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

My avatar is from some examples of Kumadori makeup I found for Alisonchan. I'm fairly random when it comes to avatar choices, and have different ones on pretty much every forum, etc. I frequent.

My username is from my love of things Gothic, especially architecture and literature, and the fact that I dabble in writing poetry. I have written some examples of goth poetry, but I won't inflict them on the community here.

(a. Because they are fairly crappy, and b. I don't know where any copies of them are anyway.)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

Hey, I love the Prisoner! "I am not a number, I am a free man!" ^_^
One of these days when I find a good large image of him, I'm making a T-shirt that says, 'Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Number Six'. About 1 out of 200 will get it and laugh like heck.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Being 'evil' in a sexual way has always been my trademark. Being the kind to leave people wanting more is what I'm remembered for, and that's how I got the "shedevil" nickname. I seem to have this thing with needing 3 words in my username, and I used to be known to the interwebs most commonly as "ChibiSheDevil", since I frequented anime chatrooms and message boards a lot. A couple years ago, I decided I needed something a little more 'mature', so I dropped the "chibi" (which, loosely translated, means 'small' or 'little' in Japanese) and became 'Lady'.

My current avatar was found on LiveJournal by my best friend, who thought it fit me perfectly, so I've been using it. I wish I know who she got it from so I can credit them though...

Former avvies used on this board:

The sexy kitty icon was the first.

...There were also some Ma3 ones that I didn't save to my Photobucket (or keep on my compy for that matter...)

I made this one based on a series of Jacqueline Carey books that I adore. I think we should all live by this.

I had this for a very short while around Valentine's Day, I think.

Another random LJ theft. It's so me.

And I'm not too sure, but I may have had this as my avvie for maybe a day... lol
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10