Your desktop screenshot topic

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Your desktop screenshot topic

Post by yiraheerai »

It's just... so pretty. And I'm not even that big of an Ariel fan, even though her and Rapunzel are the ones I feel the closest connection to.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That is... badass.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I have these four on rotation, links are for size: I have a set of 24" wide screen monitors, so these images are splitscreen.
Only the avengers wallpaper is not doing well with it, as Tony Stark's hand is right in the dead space between the screens, so there's a gap of one inch in his hand.

http://i.imgur.com/RmcMpqE.jpg <--- Batman and Bane
http://i.imgur.com/3A8cgfB.jpg <---- Assassin's Creed
http://i.imgur.com/w495MdB.jpg <---- Avengers: Hulk and Ironman
http://i.imgur.com/qvSQz6K.jpg <----- Concept art from Thief 4
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I've recently started reading El Goonish Shive after hearing about This arc. This beautiful, wonderful, perfect arc from...omg, a year ago...the hell took me so long to get around to reading i--oh, yeah, 12 years worth of archives...there's a reason I skipped ahead to Identity when I started reading. ANYWAY...My reaction to this sketchbook post from that arc was, and I quote, 'hello, new wallpaper!' (Yes, I am aware of the one after it...I prefer this one.)

It's unsettling how much Tedd looks like one of my own characters since the haircut, though. Dammit, Dan Shive, stop stealing my girl's look!

[Edit due to math fail...]
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.