The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by Nibler »

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:Oh, and I downloaded SOTN onto my PSP, but I'm stuck relatively early on. I'm usually good at platformers, but I can't seem to get this one.
I remember having problems with with the second boss first time I played it, it is pretty hard before you get used to the controls.
Games are generally easier nowadays than they where before, for better and for worse.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A few years ago Diablo and Baldur's Gate were big time spenders for me, might have to dig those out if I still have them. Tried Neverwinter Nights but it just didn't seem as good to me for some reason. On a "Elder" geek note I also vaguely remember playing the origional Mario gams on an Apple II many moons ago.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JTHomeslice

Post by JTHomeslice »

I hate that everyone on my friends list is playing Resident Evil 5 and I don't have it. Resident Evil is one of my favorite game series up there with Metal Gear.

Also, I'm in a Guitar Hero World Tour band now. I'm on vox. More news as it develops.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Heh. For myself, I tried Resident Evil 2 once on a console game and once as a PC version. I was fed up with both of them after about five minutes, all because some utter dolt of a game designer decided that to keep your weapon out, you had to hold down a key or button.

Nor was there any way in the PC version to reconfigure the controls to something more ergonomic than thumbscrews. I suppose I could just tape the button or key down, but why should I have to?

However good the plot of the game might have been, that is so many kinds of fail that it doesn’t bear further description. There are plenty of other good games that don’t have those failings.
I think outside the tesseract.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

huh? i remember just holding the weapon out all the time..

oo wait. now i remember. That really did suck. especially during surprises.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

It was such stunningly bad design that I never played any of the Resident Evil games after that. Since I didn’t play the first one, that entire line of games has been anathema to me. Maybe they fixed it in later games, but that was such a bad design decision that the game should have been recalled (or patched for the PC version). How did that ever get past QA? I find it hard to believe that playtesters didn’t take after the devs with pitchforks and torches.

OK, enough rant about that.
I think outside the tesseract.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

want want want

and this got me excited, till I saw what platform its for <.<

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

Looks to me like it's on all 3 platforms.

Not a big fan of Metalica myself. I prefer epic melodic fantasy metal to screamer metal. Demons & Wizards, or Dragonforce.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

iphone/ipod are not gaming platforms, so its not a real game :p

edit: Im not a huge metallica fan nowadays either, but I was when I was in my early teens, and the kind of music they play is fun to play in RB/GH
Last edited by Nibler on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Emmit Brown

Ahha yes I see. I thought you were talking about the Guitar Hero game. Didn't notice the link to the Dexter game.

I agree, ipod is not a viable platform :P

I spent most of my morning playing Suikoden on my PSP (yes the first one that was on the PS1, I bought it on the PlayStation Store online last night for 6 bucks. not bad for a rare game that usually runs for $100+ on ebay). My hands are all cramped up now :(
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I may wind up getting it. Although it's going to be hard as FUCK.

I also just found out about THIS, and am wondering why I didn't hear about it sooner... /facedesk

AH... Dexter... IPhone?! FUUUUCK! :((

Definitely want. :(
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

iPod is a stupid platform! There's a Watchmen game out for iPhone, which makes me very sad :(

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Iphone is just another gimic phone like the i-pod and practically i-everything. Its little more then a fashion accessory and people don't realise that theres far better items out there for cheaper. The Google Phoen is far superior to the i-Phone in all tests for instance *shrugs*

I do hate though when they make games platform exclusive, or you know for a fact it'll defiantely be released on another platform yet it never happens until months down the line... Then theres also the annoyance of knowing how easy it would be to port the game yet they don't do it.... :-\

Doctor Emmit Brown

Stupid Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix... Why must you be so awesome, and yet so difficult?

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

Between Everquest, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Zombie Panic!: Source, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Final Fantasy Tactics, I can never seem to finish anything non-game relate
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."