The Gamer's Lounge

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

JTHomeslice

Re: The Gamer's Lounge

Post by JTHomeslice »

Expect me to yell about Guitar Hero and Rock Band almost daily.

On that subject, you know what I hate? When you get an FC (100% notes/phrases hit) randomly in online quickplay and you can't get it in single player. This was brought about by Come Out and Play on expert vocals. Also, My Sharona's second solo is one of the most fun solo's in the entire game.

I guess I'll post about my favorites later.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

EverCrack has used up a significant portion of my free time the last 8 years or so. Sword of the Stars is a recurring obsession for me, along with Morrowind and King's Bounty/Heroes of Might and Magic.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

The number of hours I have spent in front of Morrowind fishing for pearls with my fist-fighting, sneak-attacking Argonian...
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

When I was a kid, I had a Sega Master System instead of a NES (Am I the only person in the world who had one of these things? I mean, the system was supported in South America until 2000), and the one game I played over and over more than the others was Quartet, a platformer space shooter. I got it when I was 3, and didn't beat it until I was 17. Now I can beat it in about 20 minutes, but I still play it from time to time because it is that awesome.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

World of warcrack uses up my gaming time.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

I played a hacked (i.e free) version of WoW for a short while. My stepbrother is a geekier creature than I am, and had managed to get a version of it running off his own computer. So there were no PVP-whoring douchebags around- but then again nobody was around unless my stepbrother decided to play.

The disturbing bit is that I got to level 35 before deciding it just wasn't really my thing. o_O
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I made level 30 on about 3 different characters in the 2 weeks trial of WoW before deciding it wasn't for me. Its nice, but I couldn't help feel that it would have been so much better as a single player game with lots of NPC's.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

playing alone kinda defeats the purpose of massive multiplayer online rpg :p
And without PvP a mmorpg would just be an endless grind without a purpose to me, dont get me wrong, im not the guy that attacks randoms, but being attacked once in a while makes it interesting when you fight back, especially if you bring your friend and he brings hes friend :ymdevil:
Im only talking from my experience with Lineage2 though, only played WoW for an hour or so back in some beta.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

thats elder scrolls territory right there.

WoW gets a WHOLE lot more fun if you have friends with you. Good friends.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

I'm not a fan of MMOs. I don't mind Guild Wars because you can have NPC henchmen, which I prefer.

*high fives JVD* Never played Morrowind, but I still adore Oblivion... And the number of times I've started new games, I've always used Argonians. They're fucking awesome! <3 But they make terrible vampires... Blech.

I can't seem to finish the main questline now that I've played through the Shivering Isles expansion... I just rocked too hard for me to care about the rest now. :)) I might play through SI again to get that achievement I missed though.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Oh the Shivering Isles were awesome! I really loved how order was the villianous force for once in a fantasy narrative, rather than chaos.

And yeh, I can understand not finishing the main questline... It was a bit like that. Though the final cinematic is pretty fucking epic.

The holy grail-type add-on expansion whatsit is not bad either. Liked it much better than the main questline, and you get a sweet set of Templar-like armour out of it.

Edit: ARGONIAN LOVE! <3
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

Never liked the Argonians - I'm a Breton through and through. :P

Ken Rolston (lead designer on Oblivion and Morrowind) is a good friend, BTW -- I've known him from role playing gaming (and later, folk music...) for over 25 years. For the Morrowind fans, he even kind of looks quite a bit like the white bearded fellow who interviews you to set your background at the start of the game. I wish I could hang out with him more often but he lives and works a couple hours drive away, so I only get to see him at gaming and folk weekends. I'd hoped, in fact, to see him at a gaming weekend in two weeks, but it looks like he's presenting at the GDC that Friday, which makes it unlikely he'll be in Florida that weekend.

He's working for a new RPG for Big Huge Games, but won't tell me any details... :( I mean, seriously, if you can't tell your friends all about the super secret game project you're working on, who can you tell? Actually - it's particularly evil -- Ken and I were on a team of about 6 people who wrote and ran two weekend-long theatre-style LARPs a few years back, and now *half* that team is working for BHG on this project. And none of them will tell me about it, curse them!
-->Steve
D.O.M.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

My gaming depends on my mood what i feel like playing

Domo (a free MMO ) takes up most of the time
Other games i play atm.

Animal crossing
Silent hill: homecoming
X-blades

Rock band 2 is something i still pop in once in a while (really waiting for tales of vesperia and endless ocean 4)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I've been having fun playing Crossfire lately.

I'm usually not a big fan of FPS games, mainly because I suck at them :ymblushing: but Crossfire's been a blast so far.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

DMoness wrote:Domo (a free MMO ) takes up most of the time
That reminds me...I'm also playing a free MMORPG called Angels Online...it's kind of cute, and fun. It's kind of frustrating, though...there really aren't enough non-combat quests to allow the producer classes (Tailors, Weaponsmiths, Armoursmiths, Engineers) to advance as fast as the combat and magic classes. I need to find someone to play with to let my Tailor finish a couple long-standing quests...
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.