Pet Peeves

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Tenjen »

People who tell you to do something while you're doing it just to feel like you're doing something cause they told you to.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Current annoyance: The inability of the average online debater to understand when and how to lose even a small fraction of a debate.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Some times my dad can't simply tell me it's time to eat or whathaveyou. NO SOMETIMES he gets the idea to fucking say it 6 literal different goddamn ways one after another and hound me about it to the fucking point that eating is the last fucking thing I feel like doing even if I was hungry.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

The entire battle of Christmas vs. Holiday.

I'm probably going to get reamed on Facebook for this, but I don't care:
Me on Facebook wrote:Hanukkah begins at sunset on Tuesday, December 20, 2011, and ends at sunset on Wednesday, December 28, 2011. Kwanzaa begins Monday, December 26, 2011, and ends Sunday, January 1, 2012. Christmas is right in the middle of what is, very literally, a HOLIDAY season.

I don't care if you want to say Merry Christmas instead of "Happy Holidays". Maybe someone you meet who's Jewish will greet your Merry Christmas with a Happy Hanukkah. Please just realize that this IS a gifted season for more than one religion. So go ahead and put the Christ in Christmas. It's a season of joy, merriment, and loving what we have. You don't have to love a religion to love the people who celebrate it. So Love. It's what Jesus taught us to do.
*huff* X(
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Cheers girl.

I don't get the whole Christmas fuss issue. Wouldn't it be better to embrace all the holidays rather than try to generalize and mash them together?
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I don't know. I just know I'm sick of it.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Pet Peeve: When you tell someone you're starting to freak out about something and their reply is "Oh, stop it."

...If I could stop, it wouldn't be a disorder. If I could stop, I wouldn't be on disability. If it was as easy as turning on a light switch, THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

Big D

Post by Big D »

People who wear their hats sideways. Sorry, but you just look like you haven't mastered the complicated art of putting a hat on your. head.
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:( *offers Yira a hand to hold and maul*
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*hugs*

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

A little background first. I've been taking care of my grandparents about half my life (From 11-25, and then from 33 to now). When I moved out I'd constantly hear "You need to move back in with Pawpaw and take care of him" when they live less then a mile from him and I was in California!.

Now my sister has been bugging me about finding work. I'd LOVE to have a job,I'd love to have my own fucking money, hell I'd love to be able to GET OUT OF THE FUCKING HOUSE for something besides bills and groceries!! But SOMEONE has to help my 62 yr old diabetic and disabled mother take care of my 94yr old grandfather, and the only time my SHE comes by is to ask if we can watch her kids, or pick them up from school! And people wonder why I dislike most of my family. X( X(
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

You are honoring your duty as son and grandson
ImageImageImage

Big D

Post by Big D »

You are a better person than most people I know.

Pet (ty) peeve:
People who cannot conduct any kind of ******* conversation without ******* swearing every other ******* word.
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Parents have started the annoying habit of telling me to do something when I've already started doing it or in the middle of it. Then later complaining I have to be told to do something.
ImageImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

At what point in my life did it become socially acceptable to wear your bloody pyjamas and fuzzy slippers out in public? /:) Seriously you can't take the time to put on pants and shoes?
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.