Pet Peeves

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Recca
Hokage Ninja

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Recca »

When people get pssed off at you because you're honest about something, yet they did the EXACT same thing in reverse and find nothing wrong with it....

Additionally when customers come in at exactly 2 weeks when you quote them 2-3 weeks and start calling every day made that it's not ready. Maybe it would be done if you stopped bitching. Also I said I would call when it's ready. I do not get paid till you pick up the item. You WILL hear from me. I enjoy getting paid much more than listening to bullfuck consistant annoyance.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Azrael wrote:At what point in my life did it become socially acceptable to wear your bloody pyjamas and fuzzy slippers out in public? /:) Seriously you can't take the time to put on pants and shoes?

Depends on if you're talking about reasonably attractive females...and by pajamas you mean their skin. :ymdevil:

And Recca, I feel ya the only good thing about my situation is I don't have to deal with such people.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Big D

Post by Big D »

I thought the pyjamas thing was an urban myth, or only done by Liverpudlian chavs, right up until I saw a few women round here doing it.
I remain baffled.
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i am seriously getting fucking annoyed by my parents and sisters habit of telling me to do stuff when iam already doing it.

washing the plates and they tell me to wash the plates. While standing there watching me do it.

Cleaning my bed and they walk in, tell me to clean my bed.

Why should i be annoyed? isnt the fact i know i chose to do it already by myself enough?

No thats not it. i have that BUT ITS LATER WHEN THEY START LECTURING ME ABOUT NOT BEING HELPFUL AND NOT DOING ANYTHING UNLESS IAM TOLD that annoys the shit out of me.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I got in some trouble at work for doing that. I'd read the person's mind in charge and start doing something that they would then tell me to do.

One of my pet peeves is when people get sayings wrong. Like people that say "I could care less." For some reason or other it grates in my head.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Doc McGinty and Ziva David must really drive you nuts then. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Now, I'm not an alcoholic... but I do like the odd beer now and again. It's the perfect drink with certain foods. My pet peeve is that I'm kind of concerned that I might actually be developing a mild allergy to alcohol.

I'm already allergic to aspirin. Whenever I take something with aspirin in it, my nose runs like a faucet and my breathing becomes difficult for a couple of hours. The reason I think I might becoming allergic to alcohol is that several times in the last couple of years whenever I drink enough to get tipsy, my nose starts running quite a bit. It's the same cause and effect that I see when I've taken something with aspirin.

Part of the reason this bugs me so much is because... and I mean this truthfully... I'm starting to run out of things to drink with any consistency! I've already given up soda for my health, and many fruit juices are acidic to the point that drinking them frequently will give me bad heartburn. If I can't enjoy a couple of beers here or there, I'm going to be that guy who goes out to every restaurant and orders a water to drink.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

:ymhug:

I'm allergic to splenda.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

epiphyte

Post by epiphyte »

Dirty n Evil wrote:Now, I'm not an alcoholic... but I do like the odd beer now and again. It's the perfect drink with certain foods. My pet peeve is that I'm kind of concerned that I might actually be developing a mild allergy to alcohol.

I'm already allergic to aspirin. Whenever I take something with aspirin in it, my nose runs like a faucet and my breathing becomes difficult for a couple of hours. The reason I think I might becoming allergic to alcohol is that several times in the last couple of years whenever I drink enough to get tipsy, my nose starts running quite a bit. It's the same cause and effect that I see when I've taken something with aspirin.
Maybe it's not an allergy at all, but mild favism.

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

Twisty ties. They're annoying, my cats always get a hold of them, and they're creepy to step on. Twisty ties.
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Someone posted an image on Facebook where their daughter (who might be anywhere from 5-7, idk) was in just a pair of underwear. She was doing the dishes and it's supposed to be innocent but still. COVER YOUR KIDS. jfc.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

before puberty, what's the point?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Because there's still people who'd want to "tap that." *shudder*
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

a few weeks ago on the radio someone compared Bieber to Adonis.

grahhhh. i've studied art culture extensively and that really ticks a nerve for me.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

BEIBER?! That skinny-shanked egg-throwing Puberty-dodger compared to ADONIS?!?! Madness and Stupidity magnified! X(
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image