Pet Peeves

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Ah yeah, I remember the curse word filters but not specifics. The fark one probably should have been obvious to me though :p
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

One of my friends posted something on Twitter to the effect of "why is everyone complaining about the heat? you live with a/c 90% of the time!!"

I resisted the urge to reply that complaining about what other people do is complaining :-L

Also, one of my sister's friends has taken to calling and/or texting me every time she can't get in touch with my sister, which is often because this girl sometimes drives her nuts and so my sister will not answer her phone either. Part of me wishes my sister would just answer her, but on the other hand, who does that? I'm not a g**d*** phone service and it's not my job to tell my sister to text her back :-w
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Major pet peeve came up today...
I was in a car with one of my lady friends, not talking much and the news comes on after about a minute of nice silence.
I turn up the volume, she suddenly starts talking... I turn up the volume a bit more... she starts talking louder.....
WTF!? Turning up the volume means that you shut the hell up because I'm trying to listen!
This girl can't even eat quietly... she just HAS to make a sound.. be it "hmmm" or breathing loudly because it's still hot, or even saying that the food's good every other bite...
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I know from experience that some people cannot shut up. My grandmother, while she was still in one of her worst periods, had been woken up by us coming over to check on her. She was half asleep, eyes closed, head drooping down and she muttered and talked the entire time we were there. It wasn't long, granted. Mom just wanted to make sure she took her medication. We left right after she took it so she could go back to bed.

Almost comatose and still yammering. That.. takes skill.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

whimsical.bard

Post by whimsical.bard »

I hate it when people are disrespectful of other peoples' wishes and needs.

I was in Wal-mart buying a new bike with my boyfriend and he kept ramming his bike in the back of mine. So I asked him nicely to please stop it because it bothered me. He continued to do it, even when I started getting pissed off. WTF.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I hate that specially when it involves shoulder nudges. Screws me up for the entire day and seems its my moms Only fucking goddamned way of waking me up if she needs something

urgh even remembering it sets off
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Whimsical: your boyfriend is an ass.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

^This. Get rid of this loser, post haste. Seriously. :-L
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Iam sure he has good traits too
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well if I hear of any perhaps I will change my opinion, but so far he sounds like a Royal Ass. And this is from the mouth of Asshole.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

When people do stuff like this:
Someone on facebook wrote:If science can't explain things that exist now, why would I take seriously anything it had to say about the origins of man?
Followed by a link to the Cracked.com article 8 Simple Questions You Won't Believe Science Can't Answer.

:-w
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

But despite what Big Space wants you to believe, the vast majority of our solar system is still uncharted and unknown. The area between Mercury and the sun is too bright to see, and the area beyond Uranus is too dark. Scientists are still finding new objects in theasteroid belt by the hundreds of thousands. Oh yeah, and some of astronomers think there might be a second sun.
giggity.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Yeah, I giggled at that too. :))

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

I hate it when people are obtuse on purpose.

Downtown Dallas, Oak Lawn area of Dallas, WTF EVER, she knew what I meant. :-L "it's not downtown, and dart won't go there" Um, yes it will, although it would require some walking. Just because the stop isn't right next to where we're going doesn't mean it's hopeless.