Fears

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Re: Fears

Post by JVDifferent »

*lizard-huggles for MS*

It's good to hear that they are okay so far.

Also...

Dear Body,
Going into "fight or flight" mode is not the proportionately appropriate response to certain social situations. They will not kill you. Please look into that, as it would be nice. :-bd
Cheers,
JVD
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

*huggles the Lizardqueen*

I hope things are okay. I'll give you a call after I finish work. :)
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

I'm just freaking a little because I've come to the conclusion that I really need to attempt to vent some anger, and that it will be best for everyone involved. I think most people just do it without thinking, but it takes me days and days of self-analysis to reach the same conclusion.

It's difficult because I actually don't know how to act angrily, aside from writing that I'm angry, or moshing and headbanging to music.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

I'm very quick to anger, but I also don't hold on to it at all.... drives my son absolutely nuts...

I'll chew him out hardcore for something, then turn around and talk to him about something completely different without being pissed at all hehe

but then... I am a redhead!

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

i tend to repress anger till i can't take it anymore. totally snap at the person and then get embarrassed about my outburst and pretend it never happened..but this is mostly because me losing my temper usually ends physical violence towards me and since i just hate upsetting people so i repress it.I'm told that when on occasion i have lost it,i scare people though since they don't realise exactly how mad i am.
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

As I confessed to at a party yesterday which then led to someone shutting me up when I elaborated "When you've stared death in the face enough times, you no longer fear anything."

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Physical violence no longer causes me any fear - it's been a while, but those are the times I let the sociopath out of his closet. And he's exceedingly calm... but then, it's his element. But I still fear for quite a many things.

I'm still afraid of never having a family, or growing old alone. I fear for those I care about, worrying that they're going to be all right. I'm afraid my best friend Zeus is exceptionally obese, and if he doesn't do something about his weight for his health I might not enjoy his friendship well into our twilight years together. I fear about anything ever happening to Saskia - no, I don't have children, but I believe that I care about her as much as I would a child of mine.

I still have my fears, and I know them well.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

PrickOfDestiny

Post by PrickOfDestiny »

I have the recurrent fear that one day, I'll suggest to my family that we go see my grandmother, they'll say they're too tired to go there, and by the time we go, we'll hear she's dead. My grandmother, unlike my other grandparents who I've known were sick, is in a pretty good health except for her heart. She's a bit of a family woman, very caring and prone to overworking herself (she's been doing that all her life, raising nine children. No, my grandmother's name isn't Mnemosyne), which contributed to a sort of "invincible super-nanna" image to her. If she died now, not only would I not be prepared at all, but I would be devastated. I can easily deal with the demise of a very sick relative, that I see as inevitable, something that's just waiting to happen. Don't think I'd handle the death of a healthy one that well though.

Besides that, I'm scared of pain, and both physical and mental serious sickness. Going through depression twice made me terrified of getting something worse, that would make me completely lose my marbles. Oh! And I'm afraid of becoming cynical and misanthropic enough for me to turn into an extremely lonely person and eventually die alone. Pretty big fear of mine, that. Is it rational? I don't know.
Image Launched!

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

My greatest fear resembles that of Hermione Granger: It's a fear of failing a course at school. Not a phobia, but that's about the only thing I fear. I also get a funny tingling in my stomach when faced with a few hundred meters' drop, but I think that is completely rational and normal stuff.
The iceman cometh

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Dying peacefully.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I fear dying alone, a virgin, without ever having done anything worth while.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Otaku201 wrote:Dying peacefully.
This reminded me of a quote i saw sometime on another forum. Think it went like this... :-?

"When my life end i want to die like my grandfather, peaceful in my sleep, not like his passengers, screaming to their death."

Was something like that anyway.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I think in a previous life Otaku might've been a Viking. He wants to go out with a roar in his mouth and his eyes open wide. While it's not my way, I can understand it.

... if I were to choose my way of going out it would probably include cute redhead triplets, but I think that's a comment for the sexual experience thread. =))

I'm afraid that I'll never be recognized for being half as intelligent as I am by my co-workers who only seem to see me by the entry level position I hold.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Celt, Viking or um...any warrior group, I guess.

Me, I'd much rather carve a swath of death and destruction leaving behind the cooling corpses of my enemies while family members weep and no one knows who I was.

Yep, my WoW main use to be a Rogue.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

I know that I tend to see the world differently than most people, but I fear that speaking out on my opinion of the world and life in general may cause the public to think that I'm insane. I'm not crazy, I'm just realistic and I prefer to cut through all of the bullcrap that complete strangers force feed us since before we were even thought of. I'm so afraid of being locked up, that I rarely say the things that are actually on my mind.

I'm also afraid of houses. They're big, and empty, and I'd rather live either with a bunch of people or alone in a tiny apartment.
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.