Fears

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Re: Fears

Post by Swayambhu »

They're called Medusas, Bear. Don't know if there's actually any Jellyfish out there that are that gargantuan, but I do know that the world's largest jellyfish had tentacles that extended to the length of a football field.

That's enough for me.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

ohh... I meant the scale of it. I know there are ones that are like 6 feet accross in reality, but that ones like 20.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Holy fuckballs that thing is enormous.

O_O
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The photo is a fake.

Still, Lion's Mane Jellyfish or Portuguese Man o' Wars can have tentacles over 50 m long, and LMCs have beels up to over 2 m in diameter.

Not to mention smaller ones like Sea Wasps are amongst the most poisonous animals in existence.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Either way, I really hate the shit out of them.

Love watching them through the glass, but if I got in the water with them, I'd freak.
ImageImage

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

I really love eating them in Thai soup. Although they're not the tastiest variety, the one pictured, is one of the overpopulated kind that they are harvesting in abundance off of Japan.
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

The Scream Man

Post by The Scream Man »

Beens tung by jellyfish and Bluebottles before, when u live on the beaches its hard not too be at some point.

Not an experience Im keen to repeat.
I do NOT play with my toys!

However I occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical combat dynamics.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

And this is one of the many, many survival instincts that has led me to loathe and detest the beach.

you go to the beach and have your sister flinging dead jellyfish at you with a stick, drowning you and generally trying her best to cause you as much pain and/or death as possible, you learn a healthy aversion to the situation.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

What made me laugh though is that the Japenese harvesting those jelly-fish because they were becomming overpopulated and a threat has actuallymade the problem 10 times worse because there method of harvesting them has caused them to start spawning like made and the nets they use make them drop all of their eggs.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Its like that starfish infestation.

This oen region, thanks to pollution, was infested with starfish who were ruining the surrounding coastal areas and what all.

So they would catch them enmass, chop them up and then dump them back into the ocean.

Not exactly common knowledge what happens to starfish wehn you cut them. But ill leave it to those who dont know to discover what it is.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

My greatest fear is world peace. The concept of holding hands across the world, singing kumbaya by the campfire and there being no more wars scares me more than anything else in this universe. I'm sure there are some who would laugh at this, but I've gotten terror sweat from that thought before.

mayhemeffect

Post by mayhemeffect »

well youre in the USA, that can cause a greater collapse of the economy than any bank deals have.
Hugs & Curses

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Teach - I'll get you over your fear of nudity if it kills me.

wolfboy1988

Post by wolfboy1988 »

I have 3 major fears. Spiders (They just creep me out), Bees (I'm deathly allergic to their stings), and extreme heights (Fear of falling from them). I may be a Marine but I still have fears.