Fears

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Emoroffle

Re: Fears

Post by Emoroffle »

I fear two things, death and immortality. I've been dead twice and one of them I remember vividly, some days those memories keep me up at night. Being dead I don't remember, the dying part however was frightening beyond anything I've ever experienced and I've been in a firefight while unarmed. It's something most people are fortunate enough to experience once. It's hard to describe, every fiber of your being screaming at you to fight yet death comes like a rip current, unyielding and overpowering. Feeling your consciousness slowly fading, what takes seconds seems more like hours then darkness, then nothing. I was lucky enough to come back twice. The other is due to the first, having thought about it I know well enough the price one would have to pay for it. Outliving everyone, losing everything, all inevitable, over, and over again.

Oh and I also have a phobia of needles. It gets so bad I faint sometimes.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

:ymhug: I really dislike immortality too, but more because I've been depressed most of my life so living forever would be torture.

I actually have a slight fear of water. There have been a couple of times that I almost drowned so I feel that fear around bodies of water. I really should take swimming lessons again at some point, but time and other things prevent that.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

I have a similar problem with water. I'm actually a really good swimmer, I took lots of lessons as a kid, plus my mother was on a swim team when she was younger. I grew up swimming in the Pacific and in the rivers throughout Northern Cali and Oregon. Those don't bother me, the rivers are clean and clear enough to see the bottom, and as long as you go out in the water during the right time of day you don't really have to worry about sharks. It's the deep, dark, black waters that scare me. There's something out there, I can feel it, and it's terrifying.
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I had swimming lessons for a few years as a kid, but then nothing, so all I was clearly able to remember was to get into a position to float the last time I almost drowned. That's really the one that started me being a lot more wary about water anyway.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh