How Was Your Day?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: How Was Your Day?

Post by Artemisia »

Not just Australia, but the US, Canada and Britain. They're waiting on Essie Davis to have some free time to film season 4.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

First time holding this particular baby and he cries :P He was just hungry but still.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yesterday, my new kittens came home. They're both adorable. Jane is already pretty big, and Mac is so tiny overall.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Congratulations, Artemisia. ^_^

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pictures, pictures!! :x :ymhug: :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Soon :) They are still adjusting to life here, but they are so cute :)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

So, a bit of good news. After a year and nearly four months, I am once again employed! I've taken on a part-time job at another pharmacy to run their inventory. It's three days a week, eight hour days, Monday-Wednesday-Friday, but it pays $12 an hour... not too shabby for a part-time job. Plus, the owner of the pharmacy hired me in the first place because everything was getting too big and no one was organizing matters, so they're growing and I was let know that as it continued to increase in size I would get more hours.

It all happened because two years ago for only two months I worked with a pharmacist named Carol... and Carol was immediately impressed with how well I handled straightening out her pharmacy in no time flat. We had a really good rapport. Fast forwards a little bit, she knew this new pharmacy she works in needed someone with my skill-set, and she called around to some of our mutual friends to get my number. Spoke to the owner of the pharmacy, he liked all the things I had to say, and here I am. I start Monday.

The only bad news is that they can't offer me health insurance... yet. That's on my list of tasks to have completed, because I want to have a psychologist recommended to me by my general practitioner that's covered by my insurance so I can finally get some medical assistance with my depression. Still, having a job is going to help my moods quite a bit. The structure and focus, not worrying about money quite as much. It's a small step, but it's a good solid step all the same. Saskia is going to have to handle having me gone half the day again though, but I've been fortunate to spend the time with her I have.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Huzzah, DnE! Glad to hear about the new job. :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Congratulations! Hope more progress is made with the rest of your job requirements.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Awesome going! :ymparty:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

YEAY D&E! I'm thrilled for you!

Picture of the cats (My mother's cat and my two kittens. They're all siblings.)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Glad the kitties are getting along. :D

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Very pretty kitties indeed, Artemisia.

... and sadly, I no longer have a job. I was just texted by my friend that had referred me, and the pharmacy decided they're not going to hire an inventory person at this time. I'm pretty bummed. The only thing I can guess is perhaps they over-estimated how much they were going to grow, and stepping back they realized they weren't all that big to begin with. Still, I wish they had done this before contacting me.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, shit, that's just not cool. :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well... fuck! :|
ImageImage