How Was Your Day?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

lollipop cuts

How Was Your Day?

Post by lollipop cuts »

I hope no one minds me making a new thread. :)

One of my favorite things to do is listen to people talk about their day. I love hearing about their routines, the weird spontaneous things they do, their topical rants, etc. I always ask people how their day has been going and what they did. I didn't see a topic like this, so I decided to start one. Make this your daily therapy if you want, guys. Tell me how your day's going/gone, something silly you did today, something you just HAVE to rant about (in my case it'll probably be about work), anything. I want to hear all about it! :ymhug:

I'll start with something random!

Today I smell like roses. :)
This bud of love by summer's ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.

:: William Shakespeare::

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Re: How Was Your Day?

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Ooh! I like this topic! My day is very uneventful so far, I'm taking care of my sister who hurt herself by falling down the stairs, so I'm basically just waiting around and bringing her things...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hmm, isn't the Jabber thread for that??

Anyway, my day was very mixed. If one counts day as a fixed 24 hour time span from midnight to midnight, then it started off pretty awesoome. I overdosed on forum and chatted for seven hours with an absolutely wonderful girl. ( :ymhug: ) Then I went to bed, slept a few hours, called work, found out I don't need to come till Monday, and went back to bed, sleeping till 7:30 in the evening, which means I'm on vampire schedule now... :( And my cold has gotten much worse, I feel rotten. :( And alison is leaving!! :(( :(( :((

This will not be a nice weekend.
Last edited by Don Alexander on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

go to work, sit in front of computer, go home, sit in front of computer, go grocery shopping, sit in front of computer again

same as most days in other words, but I'm not complaining, a least I do something I enjoy most of the time :p
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

*huggles Don* YAY I'M WONDERFUL!

On the positive side, you being on a vampire schedule makes you hawt. Like a vampire. :))

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Oh no, I'm so sorry. If this needs to be moved that's fine by me. I thought the Jabber thread was just for conversations, not necessarily daily events. L-) Silly me.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

jabber is for everything that doesn't fit in any other threads as far as I understand, but now that there's a thread for daily events those wont fit in jabber... or maybe that's not how it works :ymsmug:
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I say if we remain on topic here, that's okay.

And to do that, your video just brightened my day considerably. Like the sun coming out. :D

And, yes, Sithling, thou art. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

my day so far? ...uh... lets see

finally got some rest after almost a week of nearly no sleep... woke up at a decent hour, spent about two hours in bed... then went to get some breakfast for us... a few hours of checking stuff online (including some foruming) ...then some quality time with my girls, followed by lunch ...some more foruming and online stuff, then out for coffee ...then a couple of hours of one of my girls trying to get us back into WoW (epic fail there) ...then some more quality time, then some more foruming ...then watching tv and multitasking ...and worrying about a certain forumite

...with exam period coming, remaining nocturnal is not an option
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Oh, I do love you, Don.

Okay, so to stay on topic I will tell everyone what I did today.

I went to school. My first class is Physics, which is awfully boring, so I spent the entire period reading Hamlet for my next class, Intro to Drama. When I got there it seems I was the only one who did the reading, so I talked a lot about the play with my teacher while everyone else slept. Fridays are my easy days because I only have two classes and I'm off of work. So I went to Whole Foods (yuppie organic grocery store, for those of you who do not have them) and bought some rose oil. Hence, I now smell like roses. Also took the time to browse through the flowers and decided that like any foolishly romantic girl, all I really want is a bouquet of flowers and I'd be happy. Made the decision to hold myself ransom for flowers (haha, don't ask), then came home. Shot a video for you lovely people, and now I'm eating Oreos and singing to my dog.

Tonight I will probably go out drinking with my best friend. :ymsmug:

Mythiene

Post by Mythiene »

Let’s see... I’ll tell you what I can. I enjoy describing my day. :)

I fell asleep last night at about 9:30 PM while I was waiting for the forum to come back up (it went crazy there for a while, as some of you may have seen too). My mom, who works night shift, accidentally woke me up again at 2:00 AM, because she dropped by the house while she was on her lunch break to give me some food (she and her co-workers often take turns going on food runs, and when my mom does it, she brings me something too). So I ate and groggily surfed the forum a little, since I noticed it was back up.

After that, I went back to bed. I didn’t sleep too bad, and it was dreamless, which is a plus. I woke up again at about 6:50 AM and my mom was fixing breakfast, but I wasn’t hungry and let her eat it all herself. She was tired, having just gotten home from work at 6:30, but couldn’t sleep because she had a headache. I brought her some medicine, then went back into my bedroom.

I tried to go back to sleep, but I’m on a 7:00-to-9:30 schedule, so of course I couldn’t. Got back on the forums and read a PM from Don Alexander and all the new posts. Just sort of laid around for a while and did nothing, refreshed the forum every now and then, chatted with Retiarius (via PM, again).

Right now I’m answering Don Alexander and Retiarius, as well as writing this post (sort of juggling the three; finish one, go back to another, you know). My cat Danielle is on the floor by my bed, and one of the others, Jellybean, has decided she must have my attention right now. She’s been trying to climb on me and lay in my lap, which makes it difficult to type, because I’m using a laptop.

After I finish Don’s PM, I think I’ll be going over to my best friend’s house, but I have to get a ride first. My mom is fast asleep (checked on her, she’s snoring... she works herself half to death, poor thing, so I’m not surprised, really). If I can get her mom to bring me over, though, she and I are going to watch our favorite movie together: Repo! The Genetic Opera. I just purchased the DVD three days ago with my Christmas money. (On the exact day that it came out — because it got its DVD release three days ago.)

EDIT: And I apologize that I’m making such a long post to describe my incredibly boring and uneventful day. :p Let me make it up to you by saying, this was a great thread idea! :ymhug:
“They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night...” — Edgar Allan Poe

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Lolli: I love whole foods, I buy most of my groceries there :)

Myth: Repo! is actually good? I've heard really mixed reviews about it...

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

what Ithilion said, with a lot more pain and bad mood... and no, quality time was not sex
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

I loved every word of it, even if you think it's uneventful! I adore learning about people. You're fine by me, Myth, :ymhug: And I'm glad you like the post idea. It's always nice to have someone take interest in your day, I think. Glad to see I'm not alone. :ymblushing:

CS: I love Whole Foods too. I always used to say I'd meet my future husband there.

OH! And I forgot to mention that I heard back from a woman who is starting a stage acting workshop in February. I'm quite excited about this. I definitely think it's a step in the right direction towards joining the local theatre here.
Last edited by lollipop cuts on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mythiene

Post by Mythiene »

I know this belongs in another thread, but I’ll just go ahead and answer CS here.

It’s amazing! And this is coming from someone who hates movies like it. I hate gore (it’s rated R for strong bloody violence, as well as drug and sexual content...).

But it’s just... well, wow. They sing all the dialogue, it’s a literal opera, which can get vaguely annoying; but it’s a fantastic movie, if you ask me. The costumes and sets were really elaborate and well-done, the script was pretty good... Hell, they managed to cast freaking Paris Hilton and make it look good. (That was very possibly the best she’s ever looked, and her acting was spectacular as Amber Sweet.)
“They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night...” — Edgar Allan Poe