How Was Your Day?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Scaramouche

Re: How Was Your Day?

Post by Scaramouche »

I saved the freakin universe on Friday. Well, almost. Things really went my way at work, and big things happened.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Watched hitchhikers guide and payback. A relief from the moronic movies that have been coming up [some hillz movie came on the last day with p.hilton...it was so HORRENDOUS]

had a workout today. Gonna watch a movie. maybe valkyrie.

things are otherwise uneventful.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

So far... only being awake 2 hours I don't know what my day is like yet. It was promising to be a day of watching an FA cup football match at the ground with me dad, but I'm sick and achey, so I've let my mum go instead. Day is promising to be composed of being locked in my fortress of hibernation drinking lemsip.

On the subject of working with kids and getting sick... Thats how I keep getting sick. My mum works as a Non-teaching assistant / Nursery Nurse at a local primary school (3-11 year olds). Usually whatever the kids end up getting, she ends up bringing home and I get. Hence why my immune system recovers fast, but I still get every new damned strain of cold and flu bug that pops up.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Out of the 20 hours of the day so far, I have literally slept 12... :|

But I think I have passed the summit of the cold... Hopefully, I will improve from now on.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Bear wrote:Too cranky and dead feeling to move it right now.... vengence later... *shakes hammer at then retreats back under my blanket mountain.*
Are you Thor?
Or just thired? *run duck hide*

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

My day has been good so far. Got up (always good to be alive, non?) had breakfast and a shower(but dont smell like roses). Puttered around on the computer this morning while waiting to make my usual Saturday lunch fare (pillsbury crescent rolls wrapped around vienna sausages). After dinner went an sold an old computer for $75, installed it and also put together a computer desk. Now, it's only 4pm here, so I have an hour to kill before supper (barbeque steaks) Think I'll go watch the previews for the Daytona 24 hour race. Then Daytona tonight (wish I was there) and a grumpy wake-up tomorrow for the NHL All-Star game.

About the steaks... it's +4C here in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Must have barbeque while I can. Next 4 days call for -17C weather. Those numbers are 40F and 0 F for my American cousins ;)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Last night I went to a play called "Dying City", which was about as depressing as it sounds. Basically it was about this woman whose husband goes off to Iraq and is killed, and she spends a year in solitude until finally his twin brother tracks her down and tells her about how he cheated on her all the time and... eventually she throws him out. GEEZ.

Then I got drunk with my best friend and played "tourist" all night, which included buying hand grenades and hopping from club to club until all of a sudden I was on a stage dancing to "Baby Got Back" (hahaha, I sure do)... really, people, I wish I were making this up.

I got home at around 4:00 a.m. and slept until 2. Then I went running, which was cut short by rain (ew), then came home and ate some fish my dad just caught. Nom nom nom.

Now I'm sitting here, freshly-showered, procrastinating before work tonight.

Pondering going to the show my ex's boss is in tonight.
This bud of love by summer's ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet.

:: William Shakespeare::

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Buying... hand grenades... :|

I hope this does not mean we will see you on CNN later tonight. :D

(Unless "hand grenades" are NOLA lingo for some yummy foodstuff or drink...)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Hand grenades are very very sweet alcoholic beverages that they sell pretty much everywhere on Bourbon Street. And pretty much everyone feels the need to stop you and tell you, "You go slow with those, they will mess you up."

I prefer daiquiris, to be honest, but hand grenades aren't bad.

I guess me shaking my booty on stage is proof of the hand grenade's power.

Edit: Also, I think I'm getting sick. I blame you, Don Alexander! :ymtongue:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

:-o

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

That probably means you don't love me anymore... :-ss :-ss :-ss

Cruel fates, to have dealt me such a blow. :ymsigh:
ImageImage

lollipop cuts

Post by lollipop cuts »

Nah... I still do. :ymhug:

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I woke up to the sound of one of the cats throwing up on my bedroom floor, right next to my bed. Then I had oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins, and finished the back door (installed a knob and stuff. Then I took a trip to the dump and tossed our trash. Did the dishes a little later. Now I'm at Tony's once again trying to download Perfect World, while drinking iced tea, and chatting with Asaryu. :D
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I got a mention :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

I spent my day playing games on the xbox, chatting to Midgetshrimp and eating tasty noms.

I went for a walk with a friend, and tried to help her through a rough spot, and then played super-scrabble with some friends, and ate delicious brownies that George made.

And tomorrow is Invasion Day, and I am going to the gym in the morning, and playing cards at the local pub and eating lunch with friends, and I will be thinking of the genocide and being sad.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

played aoe 3, went to the gym, did a cardio work out and chatted with my best friend {whose still quite mad though} and chatted with cheshire and came here.

bye guys!

[didnt get uptpdate with all the threads here though]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

mostly started preparing for the exams period ahead... and watching Morwen play Guild Wars
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I finally got Perfect World downloaded and operational! At 230 am! Then I slept until 330 pm. Ate some cinnamon rolls and took a nice long bath. And here I am.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?