How Was Your Day?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: How Was Your Day?

Post by yiraheerai »

Poor puppies :( Thanks for speaking out for them.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Came back from India. Back in Dubai.

It was a good break from work. Helped mom a bit with the unending work of the rescue shelter and got to spend time with two of the cats too ontop of one of our pet dogs. Persians. Will post images later.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

welcome back
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Glad to hear you had a good vacation and made it home safe. :D

Now get back to work, you lazy bum. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Welcome back!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

This really isn't about a single day, but several days....

Thanksgiving is coming up and that has me stressed out (bad)...but Walmart finally got in the Star Wars ships I have been wanting (good) which made me feel really good AND that night I got rather randomly on STO one of the ships I absolutely love for one of my characters...but I had two guys call me thinking that I had called them...I almost reported them for harassment...I bought a new purse and wallet...oh, and I bought two new books- their in the Blandings Castle series by P.G. Wodehouse.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I can feel you on the Thanksgiving part. It has never been a holiday I've liked for various reasons. I'm hoping you'll be able to find ways to cope with it as it gets closer to the day. :ymhug: Glad to know you were able to find other stuff to make you happy in the meantime :)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ooh, what STO ship?

I think I'm with you two on the Thanksgiving this year. I've been invited to turn up at a gathering of acquaintances that I don't really want to go to. I've said as much. I keep getting nagged at to turn up anyway. :-w What part of "No, thank you" is a foreign language, people? :ymtongue: Bah! Humbug!

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It's a T6 Breen Warship. I stopped being able to play STO on my computer and when it came to the console I went back. However, they didn't let us transfer our stuff (due to Sony mostly). So, getting what is probably my favorite ship on a new character makes me so very happy :-)

Yesterday, I downloaded a bunch of Doctor Who audio adventures for the trip. I can listen to them while we travel. We've found that one of the fastest ways to calm me down is Doctor Who...so, I have The Diary of River Song (Vols 1&2), The Time War (Vol 1), and a lot of others. I suspect that I've bought 24hrs worth of Doctor Who. I have more than 5 days worth of Doctor Who audios that I can listen to if I don't mind listening to new ones. I'm also bringing several books with me by P. G. Wodehouse.

And yes, I wish people would learn that not everyone wants to be invited to go somewhere. I wish people would also learn that "No" really means "No" no matter what the context, Az.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Some days roll smoothly on by, then up pops that one little comment that makes you contemplate researching hibernation. Or maybe entering a convent with an oath of silence.

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

Just managed to get back on here! So good day.
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And a very good day to you, too, CA. :D

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

It has been one hell of a week. My grandmother went to the ER last Friday over a stomach ache which my mom and I were kind of annoyed with because it's a stomach ache. Turns out it was a good thing she went. Long story short, she was transferred to a hospital 180 mi/291 km away with an infection in her gallbladder, bile duct, and her freaking blood. She's 73 with all this going on, it was some scary shit.

My mom and her younger brother traveled there Saturday; her eldest brother, his son, and I traveled there Monday. I just got back around 9 pm last night even though she's still there. She's getting better and they're mostly monitoring her and giving her antibiotics. We estimate she'll be able to travel back home Monday but nothing is really certain. She'll have to go back in about 4 weeks to have her gallbladder taken out.

We're all so tired but things seem to be getting better. I just hope there's no setbacks.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I hope so, too.