How Was Your Day?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: How Was Your Day?

Post by Artemisia »

HUGS Yira...

I certainly understand. My aunt (who is 61) just got married for the first time. We had family from out of state here, and members of the family who I cannot stand and don't get along with here. Oddly enough, I got along well with my youngest cousin. The joys of My Little Pony. With me being on the Spectrum, I did my best to stay in quiet areas and avoid people. Still, it's been a month and I'm still trying to get back to my routines.

I know you can get through this. HUGS :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Thank you. :ymhug: It turned out not to be as bad as I thought it was going to be. Aunt and cousin ended up leaving right around lunchtime yesterday and since my great-aunt and my mom had work they didn't have to deal with EVERYONE, though it was a near thing. I think most of us have been overwhelmed but especially my grandparents. They've had someone staying with them since Sunday and it's Friday as I'm posting this. I have no idea how long my uncle will be here. I don't think he does either. We will persevere.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

:) that's my family motto too. We've threatened to have it engraved with a pair of squirrels holding it up.

The squirrels are because of incidents from my mother's childhood.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That would make a very interesting headstone to be sure :))
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

When my mother was young, my grandfather was driving along the road and thought he had hit a squirrel which had run out in front of the car. He stopped and got out only to discover that he had hit the very tip of the squirrel's tail. The poor animal was sitting there, clutching it's tail and cussing my grandfather blue.

Later, after they had moved to Vermont, my grandfather woke up in the middle of the night and discovered a squirrel trapped in the toilet. He went back into the bedroom, woke my grandmother and asked her if the squirrel in the toilet was hers. She said "What?! NO!" So, he grabbed it and put it outside. In the morning, my grandmother asked why he had woken her up. He explained "After what happened when I cleaned out the kitchen and threw out all that stuff, I wasn't going to risk it."

So, for this past Christmas, my sister got us a massive sticker of a squirrel in a toilet bowl.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

:)) I see. That's pretty awesome.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

In the past week a friend lost her husband, a friend lost her father-in-law, an acquaintance lost her cousin, and today one of the residents in my apartment complex had a heart attack and died. This month sucks, I want a do-over.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

My condolences to you and yours. :(

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

As of yesterday, I have new glasses. This is the first time in 9 years that I've been able to get new glasses (and my new eye doctor is really nice). This is also the first time in 34 years that I've been able to get new glasses that fit perfectly without adjustment.

In other news, yesterday I picked up a typewriter. That's right, they still make those. I actually find it easier to write my novels when I can't hop onto the internet. So, more writing is getting done! :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yesterday, after 48 hours of "development hell" and making my bosses hate me, I submitted a job application to the European Union. It's very unlikely to go through (these are highly oversubscribed and only go to the very, very best projects), which is a pity as I've really come to like my project... But if it does, I'm rich, bitches!! (Well, not really, but it would be like 1.75 times more money per month than I have ever earned anywhere, and nearly THREE TIMES as much as I'm earning now!)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Huzzah for new glasses, Artemisia. :D

Good luck, Alex. Hope you can draw that inside straight. :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Az, the writing is also important. It makes me a lot calmer when I can write. I got six pages written yesterday.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Glad to hear on both counts, Artie :) I could use a new pair but I don't know if I can afford it right now. The doctor I go to now overcharges and another doctor is pretty much responsible for my grandfather losing sight in one eye so you can sure as hell bet I don't want to go to him. There's apparently a new doctor but I know nothing about them. I may be able to find out their name and stuff today while I'm at a birthday party for my cousin's (almost) 10 year old.

Don: Good luck! I know it's a long shot but I hope you get it.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I do hope that things go well for Don :)

Yira, I understand. I just started with this new eye doctor. She's been in business now for years and years. I wish we could fly you out to see her because her glasses are pretty inexpensive. Mine were on the expensive side and they still cost just over $120.

And thank you :) The writing is such a huge part of me that now that I can write without distractions I don't have to be as upset. Though I did watch rugby yesterday while writing. I've discovered that I actually enjoy rugby. I'll actually watch men's rugby, which shows how much I enjoy the sport.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

attended a protest yesterday over an area where land owners had abused and killed a mass amount of dogs.

A lot of this is going on here. (i'am in India right now on holiday btw)
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?