What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

Post by yiraheerai »

Pizza, then cake and ice cream with various family members. \:d/
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Pizza with family members? How cannibalistic. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Yeah, that's how I roll :P
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

I'm eating nothing.
The iceman cometh

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I had a simple salad for dinner tonight. Iceberg lettuce with a homemade grapefruit vinaigrette.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Doing some more fiddling in the kitchen tonight, and I came up with a tasty concotion. :D Ever since Xarlaxas and myself ate at Yoder's in Bradenton, I've been thinking about the way their turkey came out so very juicy. I needed to make something for my lunches at work, so I decided to make something like a turkey salad sandwich... but I wanted to see if I couldn't make turkey that had that same juicy quality.

I took a pre-cut turkey breast and put it in a meatloaf container, then filled up the remained of the container with vegetable stock. I let it slowly cook for two hours in the oven, turning it every half an hour. It wasn't quite the same effect as the turkey I had at Yoder's, but it was really tasty in its own right! I cut it into cubes about a centimeter on each side (roughly), and added in the rest of the "salad" portion. This consists of finely chopped up carrots, diced celery, a bit of minced onion, and hummus. I had a bit tonight, and it was really tasty. The hummus worked well with the carrots and celery to give it a fairly sweet but earthy flavor, but the chunks of turkey are large enough that it doesn't get lost when you bite into them. =p~
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I had hamburgers with bacon and grilled pineapple, french fries, and lemonade. =p~
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

The tea part of the thread title got me, because I had my first cup of hot tea in months tonight. Regular Lipton's with honey to try to clear my sinuses. I mowed the lawn today, and my allergies are kicking my butt.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

I miss having an oven :( :( :( I keep having to go to friend's places if I want to cook deliciousness.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

...no oven? Damn that's roughing it.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I made Eggs Benedict for supper. First time I ever had it and the first time I ever made it. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. :D

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Did you make the Hollandaise from scratch? Cause if so, +100 respect points. That's rough going.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Umm, no, I made a mock hollandaise, because a: I don't have a double boiler, and b: I used the last of the butter I had making chocolate/toffee crisps yesterday.

I did make the English muffins from scratch though. :D

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Ah, that would make it a bit difficult...

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Mmm.... I had myself this glorious lasagne. I should cook more often.
The iceman cometh