What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

cupcake_jimmies
Cupcake Enthusiast

Re: What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

Post by cupcake_jimmies »

Ramen soup. Cause I'm broke!

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I made soft tacos tonight, and they turned out quite a bit bigger than I was expecting.

Still, they were mighty tasty, mighty,mighty tasty. :D
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Yesterday I started cooking mass amounts of food so that we'd have reserves for a few days. The fridge is so full I had to stack :P. A lovely sight.
I made 2 kg of meatballs, and at the same time crepes. Multitasking at its finest :))
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, this is not about what I had but...

A few days ago, at the supermarket, a guy in front of me bought exactly these four items:

- Four beef sausages.
- A big package of chocolate covered jelly bananas.
- A glass of plum jam.
- A 1 kg net of onions.

WHAT WAS HE PLANNING??? :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Ocktoberfest?
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

He's short a case of beer then.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I had pork chops, carrots and peas, and rice. :D
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

I made homemade burgers. They were so good =D it's nearly 3am and I now want to go make some more. Just remembering them makes me hungry
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

So, I had this idea for dinner at work that sounded really great... take your typical Sloppy Joe recipe, but spice it up with chili seasoning and add red kidney beans to make a "Chili Joe". And for the most part, it turned out great, except for one mistake I made while cooking it up.

I thought I had my own hot sauce in the fridge. It turns out that mine was used up, and there was only my roomie's hot sauce. People complain that I like my food too hot... my roomies' hot sauce is so hot I don't touch it. Yes, it's that spicy. So by mistake, I grab his bottle of hot sauce, and add it very liberally to this "Chili Joe" mix. It took me a minute to figure out why it was so spicy, but I was able to still enjoy it - so long as I could keep refilling my glass of milk.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

posseforlife
Piratess Queen <3

Post by posseforlife »

Marinated pork chops cooked quickly at high heat in the marinate, steamed carrots, green beans, and potatoes au gratin!
"Somewhere, somebody out there is thinking of you and the tremendous impact that you have had on their life...It's not me, though. I think you're an idiot."

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Got a Bobolli pizza crust and made a pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and a blend of cheeses that includes gouda. The only problem with the result was... it was too tasty. I should have only eaten half and saved the second half for tomorrow. Instead, I'm painfully full. Ugh.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I had homemade cheese pizza cooked in a frying pan on top of the stove. (Mainly because I haven't gotten my oven fixed yet, but also it's a quick and easy way to make a pizza.)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

IMG_0161s.jpg
IMG_0161s.jpg (206.87 KiB) Viewed 15293 times
IMG_0162s.jpg
IMG_0162s.jpg (203.03 KiB) Viewed 15293 times
IMG_0164s.jpg
IMG_0164s.jpg (217.81 KiB) Viewed 15293 times
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

mac2

Post by mac2 »

I think you broke the rule about "never try to eat anything bigger than your head." :-o Where did you put it all? :p

Tonight I tried a new recipe for Lemon and Parmesan crusted Tilapia. It turned out really good. My mom said it was in the top three best fish she's ever had.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Sweet bajeebus, I think that plate's bigger than I am! :-o

I made tacos tonight. Tomorrow: pizza.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins