What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Re: What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

Post by GothPoet »

I made Steak au Poivre, brussel sprouts, and hash browns.

First time I ever tried (eating or making) Steak au Poivre, and it turned out really well. :)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I made a buffalo chicken stuffed crust pizza. Stuffed crust pizza is surprisingly easy to make. :)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Buffalo chickens, on the other hand, are a troublesome crossbreed.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Steak, eggplant, and ice cream (if I behave myself).
;)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

*burp*

*rolls around*

*teeters*

Wow, am I full.

A friend of my mother decided it was a nice idea to bring us Chinese takeout for supper. This lady has the right ideas! :-bd ^:)^

She seems to have overestimated our eating capacity, though - yeah, even mine. She bought four main dishes!!!

I had semi-ordered something with sea food, and got fried jumbo shrimp with sweet-sour sauce (and a lot of rice), as well as a mix of fried rice noodles, lots of vegetables, and pork/beef meat and shrimp. SO! YUMMY! I ate all of that, and the jumbo shrimp, but left most of the sauce and all the rice. My mom got Bami Goreng which she didn't want at all (she's doing low-carb) and duck, where she cut off the yummy skin (which I also got :P ), and had some veggies with it, leaving the rest. More deliciousness will be had.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

^ Haha, the place where we got that from has turned into our absolute favorite Chinese place. IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!

Anyway, to answer the thread's question for this post: Lasagna.

That is, two days ago. Elsewhere, I had reported on doing a Star Wars marathon cum birthday party with two friends. And it was decided to make a lasagna. And, we might... have exaggerated a bit.

Stuff it contained:

3 x Lasagna noodle plate packages - that's 1.5 kg already.
6 packages of Bechamel sauce. 1.5 kg again.
4 packages of grated cheese - about 1.2 kg.
1 kg of ground meat.
0.4 kg (or so) of Schmand as well as Creme Fraiche.
Over 1 kg of shredded tomatoes

Yep.

We couldn't find the lasagna pan which was supposed to be there, so we used a huge casserole pot, and got almost everything in, except for about 2/3 of a lasagna noodle package.

Alas, it turned out not THAT good, it was more soup than anything else. The next day, when about a third was left, we stuck in the rest of the lasagna plates, put it back in the oven for half an hour, and LO, suddenly it de-souped itself and turned into real lasagna.

And we managed to eat it all, even though it implied three big meals for three people...

A few pictures were made, will edit them in when I get them.
ImageImage

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

VAGINA.

No but seriously, my lady friend wants to surprise me with dinner cause it's been a shitty week. I offered to bring her some dim sum, but she refused. Earlier I asked her to be in charge this weekend because I can't even think straight. She's taking it literally.

We had several appetizers from a Japanese cuisine place :D
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Wow, my mom made me something totally delish.

Some days ago, she had guests, and had cooked up a large amount of mushrooms. But then her guests had invited her out to dinner each evening - so my poor mom... She had to eat all those yummy shrooms by herself. :P

Anyway, a little batch was left. And instead of just thawing it, she put it in the skillet in which she had made peppered turkey beforehand - and also dumped some cream into it.

The combination was DIVINE!!! =p~ =p~
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Hell, why am I once again the person posting in this thread?? :P

So anyway, a week ago, I threw a home-warming party, and I actually got some awesome and practical presents - had totally not expected that! :-o My boss couple bought me a food processor, so now everything BLENDS!!!! :ymdevil: I got two glass bottles and tea pads to make iced tea. :x A metal strainer and original Napolitan pasta... And a water heater! These are actually rare here.

I myself paid for an absolute ton of ingredients, spending over 100 Euros. Stuff we made:

- Salmorejo. A Cordovan recipe, just blend olive oil, tomatoes, moistened bread - we did not have any garlic, though. It's similar to Gazpacho but with the bread and no ice cubes.
- fresh guacamole for the nachos - I made that myself. :)
- Something called Russian salad. Boiled potatoes, self-made mayonaise, and boiled shrimps.
- Fajitas with fried chicken and fried veggies.
- Self-made pizza (some of my friends prepared the dough beforehand) prepared by real Italians! :D (They had also brought awesome Tiramisu!)

Anyway, after the party, tons of food were left over, though mostly in the form of raw vegetables. And, let's just say, that's normally not my world. :P But these last days, I've started cooking! :|

Now, no, I DON'T like it. It takes a long time and is terribly boring. BUT it has produced some pretty good food.

Here's my starting point...
Pan.jpg
Pan.jpg (128.68 KiB) Viewed 18502 times
... for vegetarian fajitas!
FajitasVegetales.jpg
FajitasVegetales.jpg (143.39 KiB) Viewed 18502 times
I'll also point out they have AWESOME strawberries here!!!!
Strawberry.jpg
Strawberry.jpg (65.28 KiB) Viewed 18502 times
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

BEHOLD COCK TOMATO!!
Attachments
CockTomato2.jpg
CockTomato2.jpg (68.52 KiB) Viewed 18443 times
CockTomato1.jpg
CockTomato1.jpg (93.72 KiB) Viewed 18443 times
ImageImage