Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by Don Alexander »

I confirm this for Germany ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

We call the stripey ones Zebra crossings.

If there's lights (little red man, little green man) then they are Pelican crossings.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Points to Asaryu's post* Thats the same as we call them here in England. The black and white stripped ones are the Zebra Crossing, for obvious reason of being black and white stripped... No idea why the green and red man ones are called Pelican though.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

They're called Pelican Crossings?

Learn something new everyday.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

How did you pass your learners test, JV? How?
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

bribery? blackmail? smexyness?
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

All of the above!

It's multiple choice. You just pick the most conservative answer and BING! Learner's license ahoy.
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

*bump*

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... ?gt1=33010

If its-stimulus bill- so bad...why is it we [non-stock holders] not feeling soo bad about it? Also for those in the states' tell me what's the economy like in your state, do u have any opinions on this...Obama stimulus?

Code: Select all

Snipet-Article: The $787 billion package might cut your taxes, make your health insurance cheaper, fix the roads you drive on and keep the best teachers in your children's schools. And that's just for starters.
 By The Associated Press

Here's an examination of how the economic stimulus plan will affect Americans.
rebates © Corbis
Taxes
The recovery package has tax breaks for families that send a child to college, purchase a new car, buy a first home or make the one they own more energy efficient.

Millions of workers can expect to see about $13 extra in their weekly paychecks, starting around June, from a new $400 tax credit to be doled out through the rest of the year. Couples would get up to $800. In 2010, the credit would be about $7.70 a week, if it is spread over the entire year.

A $1,000 child tax credit would be extended to more low-income families that don't make enough money to pay income taxes, and poor families with three or more children will get an expanded earned income tax credit.

Middle-income and wealthy taxpayers will be spared from paying the alternative minimum tax, which was designed 40 years ago to make sure wealthy taxpayers paid at least some tax but was never indexed for inflation. Congress fixes it each year, usually in the fall.

* Talk back: How will you use your tax refund?

First-time homebuyers who purchase their homes before Dec. 1 will be eligible for an $8,000 tax credit, and people who buy new cars before the end of the year can write off the sales taxes.

Homeowners who add energy-efficient windows, furnaces and air conditioners can get a tax credit to cover 30% of the costs, up to a total of $1,500. College students -- or their parents -- are eligible for tax credits of up to $2,500 to help pay tuition and related expenses in 2009 and 2010.

Those receiving unemployment benefits this year won't owe federal income taxes on the first $2,400 they receive.
Health insurance © Corbis
Health insurance
Many workers who lose their health insurance when they lose their jobs will find it cheaper to keep that coverage while they look for work.

Right now, most people who work for medium or large employers can continue their coverage for 18 months under the COBRA program (named for the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) when they lose their jobs. The coverage is expensive, often more than $1,000 a month, because the newly unemployed pay the share of premiums once covered by their employer as well as their own share from the old group plan.

Under the stimulus package, the government will pick up 65% of the total cost of that premium for the first nine months. 
I'm happy and the Republican, Elites, along with Jack ass newsreporters ranting at the stock markets cus he's not cashing in on the gravy train anymore, can ALL just go sit in a corner with a Dunce Cap on.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

NO TRENT NO!

Epic sadface.
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

Oh no! Who are they going to get to replace him? He had the best voice!

"What a Good Boy" is still one of my fave songs, and he just belts it out.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

Xbox Live has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy? Who knew?

I guess it's my duty to report each and every profile that says they're a parent, because that implies they've had sex! :-o

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

JMac, I can't believe that... this makes me very angry. X( Persecuting the person who was harrassed, when everyone knows she likely didn't halt her game experience by scribbling down specific XBox Live member names who were harrassing her. So she gets kicked off, and they get what they wanted.

Some people are so frightened by what's different, it makes me very concerned about our future.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

X( X( X( Guh, I had a friend on my XBL list who was suspended for even mentioning he was bisexual.

Also, the list of words that aren't allowed to be used in XBL bios and mottos is RIDICULOUS. I mean... "Root"? What's wrong with that?! And I guess the words "Gay" and "Lesbian" will now get that response too...

Mind you, considering all the hate speech I hear during many MP games, being open isn't always the best plan. [-( What is wrong with society, seriously? It makes me sick.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10