Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lokitsu

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by Lokitsu »

I'm not sure if we (the USA) have reached the depths of insanity or inanity. :-o
The government is so afwaid of the big bad terrorists that they have to deny entrance to cartoonists? Because they might make a couple of bucks from American conventioneers? I'm tempted to get a shirt printed that says "Canadian cartoonists are stealing American jobs!" But some moron would probably take it seriously.
I soooo hate Trump and the assholes who voted for him! If you are a Trump supporter on this forum, don't bother speaking to me unless it's to apologise. And DON'T try to bring up Hillary, you DON'T KNOW what she would have done as POTUS, but we sure know how your choice is shaping up!
Maybe we should just build a wall aaaaalll the way around the country and then roof over the wall and then we can hide in our basements while we cower and read Breitbart and Infowars.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm not American, so I did not vote either way.
But I think it is important to keep in mind that the majority of people who voted Republican did not want this circus. They thought they were getting someone who cared about their problems. They were loyal to the principles of the Republican party.
It is not their fault that they were deceived. They're in the same leaky boat as everyone else.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Please, guys, let's not let this descend into a political slugfest. Even Searcher seems to be disgusted about this.

The DAMNed
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Erin Moran has passed. Farewell, Joanie.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, it's Maccaroni vs. The Pen that is mightier than the sword...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

http://kotaku.com/guy-finds-starcraft-s ... 1794897125

good to know he did the right thing
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

stupid fool should've kept his damn mouth shut and uploaded it to every torrent sight he could find.
Yet still, I live...

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

In all fairness to the guy, had he done that, he would have been in some very deep legal trouble since that disk was likely obtained originally through theft, and contained trade secrets which are heavily copyrighted. The story I watched about it pointed out that what he did was both legally and morally the right thing to do. And he got pretty nicely compensated for doing that.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

only a problem if he's dumb enough to get caught.

which, i suppose i guess evidence suggests he was. but still, the world could've done some cool stuff with that code.
Yet still, I live...

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

And game companies would have had more reasons to be draconian about security and DRM. I'm glad blizzard decided to be gracious.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Vive la France! :ymparty:

(There. I said it. Don't expect me to say it again...)
ImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Good for them.

And now, we take you to our STUPIDITY REPORT!!

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And the FCC is investigating Colbert thanks to all the horrible Trump supporters who are upset at their precious Trumptator being insulted.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

You mean the Pricktator? :P
ImageImage

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

The creator of G.I. Joe and Thundercats passed away.

http://www.thewrap.com/stanley-weston-i ... -joe-dies/

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner