Thread : In the news today

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: Thread : In the news today

Post by yiraheerai »

Last I heard he was leading in the polls too :\

Also, I saw on I Fucking Love Science that some papers with Juno data in them were published today!
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Unfortunately, a lot of votes were cast before the actual voting day, so the criminal won. This is not a surprise given how Republican Montana has been.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pew Pew Pew?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I wouldn't be surprised if the people suggesting it have always wanted to and are now using it as an excuse
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Trump uses "Instant Neologism"! It's super effective!

I'm pretty sure trump does not know "neologism", though. :P

Also:

- Huge bombing in Kabul
- Trump wants out of Paris climate accord

Meanwhile, in Boondocks, USA...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

dog_rates made a hat out of it with half of profits being donated to Planned Parenthood. In addition, they will match the PP donations and use it for a local dog shelter.

The alligator: There is not enough facepalm in the world. Oh South.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, and by the way...

FUCK TRUMP!!!! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

What bothers me the most is his supporters still support him. They think he's doing GREAT.

..Why are some people garbage?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, at least Trump knows when to pull out. :-=

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Trump is screwing us, and we're not even getting the chance to enjoy it.
(BTW, when I say 'us", I mean the entire human race.) :(

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

so, apparently, this needed to be said

Don’t put ground wasp nest on your vagina to tighten muscles, warns gynaecologist wrote:Image

The method can cause painful sex and an increased risk of contracting HIV

An all-natural treatment for women looking to rejuvenate and tighten their vagina is giving doctors serious cause for concern – ground-up wasp nests.

That’s right, some women are actually using oak galls – tree deformities caused by wasp nests – as an at-home remedy for vaginal rejuvenation.

But, while some natural ingredients are hailed for their ability to alleviate health problems, Canadian gynaecologist Jen Gunter says using this method can have serious long-term implications.

Formed when a wasp lays eggs in a tree’s leaf buds so that the larva can develop inside, oak galls are being sold by online retailers – including Etsy - who claim that grounding them into a paste can help tighten the vagina and get rid of bad smells.

But, Dr Gunter has slammed the practice on her blog warning women that using this method could lead to painful sex, a lack of healthy bacteria and an increased risk of contracting HIV.
Etsy retailer Heritage Health Shop claims that oak galls could improve sex lives
“This product follows the same dangerous pathway of other 'traditional' vaginal practices.

“Drying the vaginal mucosa increases the risk of abrasions during sex (not good) and destroys the protective mucous layer (not good).

“It could also wreak havoc with the good bacteria. In addition to causing pain during sex it can increase the risk of HIV transmission. This is a dangerous practice with real potential to harm.”
Etsy store Indojuara continues to market the product as a way to tighten the vagina
The Etsy retailer that Dr Gunter found selling the oak galls – Heritage Health Shop – claimed that they could improve sex lives and be used on cuts with a warning that the paste will hurt.

“Here's a pro-tip, if something burns when you apply it to the vagina it is generally bad for the vagina,” Dr Gunter added.

While it’s worth noting that this particular seller has since removed their listing, oak galls are still available elsewhere.

In fact, one store called Indojuara continues to market the product as a way to tighten the vagina, cure urinary infections and even abolish bad odours.

But, as you might predict, none of these claims are backed by science.
Yet still, I live...

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Post by Searcher »

Wasp nest? Really? :-\ #-o Now matter how advance, how modern and intelligent, some people claim to be, it is articles like this that make me wonder.

You know like those so-called "Men" who are acting very unmanly by whining about a 'all woman' showing of Wonder Woman at Alamo Draft house in Austin Texas. One of the bet response was the mayor of Austin :Burn. Seriously, (and this is for most of the so-called protester out there) don't you people have a sense of humor and learn how to chill? Not everything that happens in the world is battle for the future of *insert group here*.

Speaking of which; I am most confused as to my options for the future now that President Trump pulled us out of the Pairs Accord. Do I buy a house boat since the sea levels will raise hundreds of feet within the next 10 years (as Al Gore keeps claiming every ten years)? Then again, they keep saying that this year those of us in Gulf Coast region will face more and more, powerful, killer hurricanes, you know like they have predicted the past five years, which we have yet to see? Or should I move back to the Mid West ... where we will face droughts, killer heat waves in the 150 - 200 degrees at night?

Oh well, since President Trump has single handedly destroyed the world and doom the human race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I shall just sit here and play R.E.M. over and over again.

Truly I am terrible sad .... truly.
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.