Addictions & Cravings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Addictions & Cravings

Post by Radbaron »

You can actually buy Pepto-Bismol in Tums-form now. Chewable, with a better flavour than the liquid.
Kaopectate was a nice surprise if I got it when I was younger, the flavour was very different than the other stuff.

Don: did you get US-version of Mountain Dew or the CDN version? They take all the caffeine out of the Canadian cans and put it into the US ones :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

@Otaku: What's your fave method? When you make them blush, is it because they've just been complimented, or because you've just told them you've been admiring their ass for the last 5 min? Or perhaps you just like saying pervy things (for example, if someone said to you in a general conversation "Oh, you met so and so, remember when?" And you say back "Oh yeah.. didn't I give him a lap dance?")

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

Depending on the lady, one of the first 2.

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

:-bd Good answer! I'm sure if you picked the third you might have been laughed at for saying you give lap dances. :-bd

Getting girls to blush is a bit too easy though. I love getting guys to blush, which I will do using all 3 ways. I save the last for company I know has a good sense of humor and knows me too well to take me seriously :P

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

cyanide_sweet wrote:My family has a history of bad addictions. Lots of alcoholism and gambling problems. And then there's me!
Every drug I've tried: never had problems quitting. Tried smoking a few times: never felt a desire to continue. I drink rather frequently, but only socially! No addiction there. Drink a lot of coffee, but I don't NEED to have a cup. I'm pretty lucky that way :)
First time in this thread and I think cyanide_sweet and I would get along very well. Both my parents are cigarette addicts and my dad is an alcoholic as well as pot addict. Me? I've tried acid, shrooms, pot, alcohol, cigarettes... nothin has formed such a hold on me that I felt I absolutely HAD to do it again. There are a few that I'd like to do again, but nothing that I'm driven to obtain like an addiction would be. Same goes for caffeine. I don't drink anything for the caffeine in it, just the taste. Hell, most times when I drink tea it's the kind of herbal teas that don't even have caffeine.

I think the closest thing I have to an addiction or craving right now is Nutella =p~

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Nutella... 8-| I've never understood people liking it... :P

Soooo, I guess I'll have to inform my ex-girlfriend she has a soul sister in Platypus!! ;) You must have gone way back to find a post oh her's she has basically been gone since last August at the latest... :((

Though I am a bit worried at how much she is drinking lately... Considering all her experimenting was in her "sketchy" phase and she "reformed" herself... She has been drunk quite often lately, even in the week. :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

*shrug* Generally when I go into a thread for the first time I at least check out the first page. Mostly for the first post, but cyanide_sweet's post was the second one and it so perfectly mirrored my own experience I felt compelled to quote it.

As for the drinking, I wouldn't be too worried unless she's drinking by herself a lot.

And HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE NUTELLA???? It's CHOCOLATE and HAZELNUT mixed into the consistency of PEANUT BUTTER! It's BRILLIANT!! :-o

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

No, she's not drinking alone... But then, she's with friends basically every day. And if she were not, I'm sure she would drink far less. So it's a worrisome conundrum. :(

Well, you know, I'm not that much a fan of chocolate... And especially the thought of combining chocolate with bread turns me off muchly. :ymsick: My best friend, who also loves Nutella, once ate white rolls with thin slabs of chocoalte (I think they are named Eszet Schnitten in Germany...) made expressly for eating on bread. /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

You and Teach make a good couple, you'll never anger her because you stole her chocolate. :P

And all your cider are belong to me. Oh, and hand over the whisky, too. Some Scotsman you are... :P
ImageImage

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Don Alexander wrote:No, she's not drinking alone... But then, she's with friends basically every day. And if she were not, I'm sure she would drink far less. So it's a worrisome conundrum. :(
Doesn't sound all that worrisome. She's drinking socially and you're fairly sure that if she were being less social she would have no problem drinking less. It sounds to me like she's just out having fun and enjoying spending time with friends *shrug*
Xarlaxas wrote:I have a craving for some Pina Colada. . . I only like delicious alcohols, not vile stuff like beer, or cider, or whisky. :P
I have to agree with you on the beer... I've found a select few that I've been able to tolerate sips of, but unfortunately whatever flavor I get from it on the first couple sips that I like seems to go away if I try to drink more than that. I think it has something to do with the hops...

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Oh gods, rum :x :x :x I haven't had rum in forever. :( Well, since Christmas. Which is forever. ^^ Mmm, rumnog. <3

I also forgot how much I love Paralyzers... So damn good.
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Oh yeah? Well Guess what I've got! :p
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

@Don: Don't worry too much about it yet...remember that college is about experimenting. She's still young. I used to have a friend that would sit in his room alone with the lights off and drink hard spirits...
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.