The Travelling Forumite

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Travelling Forumite

Post by Don Alexander »

Done!! Easy peasy!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Hurrah! :ymhug:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Travel FAIL! :(

Wanted to drive home today. As I've likely mentioned, there's one circumstance in my life where I've always had Lady Luck as my muse, and that's driving, especially long distance. Often enough, I see multiple traffic jams going the other way on the Autobahns, but my route is free. Coming home a week ago was actually astonishing because there weren't any backups even on the other side.

Well, Lady Luck has now left me as well. :((

I already had a little backup behind me (cost me a few minutes), and was leaving the Trier area. The Autobahn here goes over a big, high bridge on the way up into the Hunsrück mountains. From the bridge, you can see another, smaller one higher in the hills. It looked weird... like there were trucks standing on it, going uphill!!

A minute later, to my great dismay, I see all three lanes are full of stopped cars, even before I pass a police car where a sign "traffic jam" is just being set up.

I come to a stop and here I remain, in almost perpetual drizzling rain, for the next 1.5 hours. :( Luckily, I had my book with me. #:-s

While walking around a bit, I heard from some people that a truck had had an accident, and they were supposed to get a lane free by seven in the evening.

At 7, we actually got moving. It took me another hour to get up the hill (another 3 miles or so). The accident site was big, but quite obviously - luckily! no one had gotten hurt! :) Seems a big truck carrying livestock feed or so had somehow rammed into the middle guardrail, and the trailer had torn free and toppled over, closing down the entire Autobahn. A big mobile crane had righted the trailer again, the Cab had been pulled onto a tow truck, and large swathes of the road were covered with sawdust or something similar, obviously a lot of oil or fuel had run out. The traffic had to pass on the emergency lane...

Directly behind the crash site is the exit I wanted to take. But I was in absolutely no mood to drive at least another 4 hours, so I took the other way and came back home, to my parent's big surprise!!

So, tomorrow, next try...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Page 2 thread resurrection!

Now, my brother isn't a forumite, but he does do a LOT of traveling. Currently, he is in Heathrow waiting to fly back to St John's, Newfoundland (home to Recca, place where I grew up)

From Facebook:

Jeff Brother of Rad
Welllll....just met Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons...had a quick chat and got 3 seconds of video...awesomeness
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

That is awesome.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Radbaron wrote:Page 2 thread resurrection!
My word!

Off to Munich I go, to my new job.

More laterz, peepz! ;)
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Have fun in Bavaria! :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Already, the shadows of Mordor strangle me!!! :-s

I have arrived safely, as you can see.
ImageImage

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Strangle them back.
I think outside the tesseract.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Have some Weißwurst and a pretzel for me. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

With Obatzda! =p~
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:
Radbaron wrote:Page 2 thread resurrection!
My word!

Off to Munich I go, to my new job.

More laterz, peepz! ;)
BTW...gratz on the new job ;)

I was wondering when one would fall in your lap.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Don Alexander wrote:Already, the shadows of Mordor strangle me!!! :-s

I have arrived safely, as you can see.
How can we be sure it is you, and not a shadow clone that has taken your place? /:)
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

You... can't. :ymdevil:
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

All drugged up on sleepy anxiety pills and in Moriarty. Whoo. I sense myself crashing early.