Dreams!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

zefvonee

Re: Dreams!

Post by zefvonee »

I've had one dream that has stuck with me for... I think almost 10 years now. Never remembered any dream as vividly(or as long) as this one.

It was the first day of school, and I was just entering the fourth grade. When I got to school, everything was a mess. Papers were all over the hallway floors, and I didn't see anyone at all. I distinctly remember a footstool in the middle of the hallway. I slowly made my way to my new classroom. When i got there, the blinds on the windows were all closed, and the door was locked. I knocked on the door, and the janitor cracked the door open just enough to see me, then pulled me very quickly. No one would explain what was going on, but everyone seemed to be trying to hide from something. I recall that the 'classroom' looked more like a break room or something. Couches instead of desks and such things. My best friend and I sat against one wall and played chess(or maybe checkers?). Suddenly, everyone got real quiet and looked up at the windows that looked out to the hallways. Suddenly, a silhouette appeared. The silhouette was of a giant were-poodle. The silhouette slowly walked on by the classroom, paused for a second, then continued on its way. And that was all.

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

Such interesting dreams here... Alas, I can't recall any of my dreams. I suspect many of them drift over into that morning half-awake period and eventually become daydreams and fantasies, mostly highly erotic ones. :P

On the other hand, they make great fodder for erotic story writing, but then again, the problem with being a Dirty Old Man is... well... Tom Lehrer said it best:

When correctly viewed, everything is lewd,
I can tell you things about Peter Pan
And the Wizard of Oz is a Dirty Old Man.
-->Steve
D.O.M.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

I wonder where this dream came from since it was not like i saw any weird movie or the like.

Some guy was sitting in a bout. Suddenly a giant snake appeared from the water(big enough to eat the person alive). The man crawls into the corner of the boat, the snake attacks but misses the man every time. Hitting it's head against the wooden flooring. The snake goes under water again after those attempts the guy come out of hiding and stands victorious in the boat. Without warning the snake appears from the other side of the water and eats the guy whole. Then some guy and I walk up to the lake. The banks are covered in a white foam like substance that should prevent the snake from crawling out of the water. I feel hungry and tell the other person that i will be right back. I ran alongside the river seeing the white foam really everywhere looking for a place where i can buy something to snack on. After what feels like a long time i find a cafe like establishment I know i am late and i should return but beside getting a candy bar and a bottle of soda I let me get talked into warming something up and eat it before i get back....

then i wake up from some annoying sound irl >.<

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

DMoness, that has such an interesting flow to it - you can really tell that it's a real dream between the changes in focus of the story, how some things that aren't "immediately" in the scene don't seem as focal once they're not center stage.

I've always had horrible nightmares, all my life. Some of them have left such lasting impressions on me that even thirty plus years later I still recall them. I remember being four and having a nightmare about crawling nearly blind through a cave. My dreams have always been ultra-vibrant in all the sense... stronger even than life. So I'm feeling the slick touch of the algae and lichen covering the rocks of the cave, hearing the scuffling sounds of my own progress echoed back at me. Suddenly, a figure leaps up into my face and hisses... and it's a vampire. He's dressed up like the classic Bela Lugosi Dracula, in the bad tuxedo with the red ribboned pendant hanging about his throat and everything. I try to back away, but he swats me hard enough to send me off my feet.

I'm struggling with him, but he's simply so much stronger it's like he's playing with me. Just as he's about to bite me, I see him pulled away violently. It's another vampire. The two of them start to fight, and while at first I'm rooting for the newly arrived vampire... it dawns on me that he's not a friendly vampire. He simply wants to drink my blood too, and he's fighting to get me all to himself. So I run. I can't see very well in the darkness of the cave, so I'm constantly tripping and falling on the slick uneven floor. Then, just as I spot the exit in the distance, a swarm of bats flies through and buffets me relentlessly. I'm beating them back, but there are so many of them I'm finding it difficult just to stay standing. And slowly, I'm realizing they're biting me as well. They're infecting me, so I'll turn into a vampire!

That's when I woke up screaming. At first I screamed because I didn't realize it was a dream, and then even though I caught on that I was awake I was screaming because I was a little kid overcome with anxiety and confused. My mother and father rushed in, and finally talked me down... but I think that's when I first got a hint that few people dreamed as intensely as I did. They didn't get that it wasn't "just a nightmare". It was being trapped asleep while my brain tried to scare me to death.

It's because dreams have played such an overwhelming aspect of who I am that I have problems when some of the fantasy stories I read have characters that don't dream at all. Not that they don't remember them, but that they don't dream... and I simply cannot fathom it.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ouchie. Though I do wonder, how does a four-year old know so much about Bela Lugosi vampires? ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Every Saturday afternoon the local television station in Philadelphia ran "Creature Double Feature" - four glorious hours of truly cheesy, horrible monster movies. I adored them. When not watching the movie (or seeing another that they've previously played) I would often get out my set of crayons and draw my own monsters. I'd eventually even start cutting them out to make little stand-up figures, and indulge my imagination in massive battles between hordes of monsters.

I... wasn't a normal kid. :ymdevil:
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Thats a nice dream alison. Get all that pressure out of you.

I had a dream of a courtyard and one of the walls in the corner has a door to a coridor headed to the right [along the wall]

quite a big corridor with plenty of lights in the windows of the wall [open windows, no glass or anything, just squares in the wall]

And theres furniture stacked inside. But theres movement sensitive mines that explode with sound. They start beeping and flashing [a timer] and explode a while after detecting. ANd iam carefully grabbing them, and flinging them away as they start to go off, exploding in the distance, or at least some distance away [some were very close]

Then some relatives [aunts and such] are inside as well and for some reason one of my older aunts decides to be bitchy and walk though one whole side seting off a whole bunch, i swear at her [which she's very offended at] and goes on walking. I go nuts and start rushing everywhere grabbing and throwing the ones she's setting off. After that she leaves and i go back to doing things carefully.

Thats preety much all i can remember.

It might be related to the fact i was playing worms on a mobile the day before. GOddamn banana bombs.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

well to be honest the snake dream was a surprise, lately my dreams are boring compared to what they used to be. Last nights dream i stayed in a hotel and couldn't find my room even though i had the keys with the room number on it (kept going to room 550 while my room number was 785(large hotel i think :-\ )

Also depends on what i read/saw before i go to sleep I tend to fall in love in my dream (boys or girls(and the strangest one was me falling for a guy while I look and acted like a girl))

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

days like these i think that when i am sick i dream of strange stuff... but then again, this particular dream is the third installment in a series of dreams (yes, i see dreams in episodes all the time... i even have breaks for dream commercials) ...so, here it is

in the reality of the dream, there have already been two outbreaks of a virus that turns people into feral savages with a taste for flesh (no, not zombies) ...they keep their higher functions but operate mostly on instinct.. and they are mutated in two very peculiar ways... the affected can regenerate really fast and they gain tapeta lucida which makes their eyes shine green.. the only way to spot someone before they are full feral is to see if there are hints of the green shine in their eyes (only possible with artificial light)

so... with the background in mind, here is what happened in this episode... i was in an apartment (about three times my own) with morwen, mouse and her son, don, asaryu, knightmare (my best friend) and his gf... we were all just doing our own thing during the day... and at some point, it gets too dark to see without the lights on... which is when we first notice that the kid shows the first hints of infection... naturally, the first thing to do is lock the front door, since there is no cure but the effects wear off after two or three days since they last consume uninfected flesh and there is a period of two days or so till someone can be infected again

while we are all really careful around the kid, eventually others start showing signs of infection too... to cut a really long and messy story short, near the end of the dream i am barred in my room, trying to avoid getting infected. thats when mouse knocks on the door and i open just enough to test her eyes, she passes so i let her in and bar the door again... before long things go from thriller/survival to 16+ for very different reasons... and at some point i realise that the light in my room has been off for quite some time... and i see my reflection in the mirror, with shiny green eyes
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:-o

Make a movie out of that. That's awesome.

And I request more details on my undoubtedly grisly end. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

ah, but here is the catch... there are no casualties unless someone is maimed too badly before the infection (and mad regen skills) kicks in
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, I guess mad regen skills make for more opportunities of splatter-

Seeing the movie, erm, dream, featured forumites/real people, we could film it with ourselves as cast. All's needed is one house and some nice SFX for the blood and the eyes... ;)
ImageImage

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

*perches on Don's shoulder*

i was the one that got you :ymdevil:
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

I AM A WHORE. I WANT TO BE IN YOUR DREAMS. :((
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

A trip to Candy Land and a flying pony... naked? :-?
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage