Dreams!

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Dreams!

Post by Don Alexander »

O-nom.i.cal (adj.) pertaining to the orgasmic properties of being eaten out :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Had one of my most disturbing dreams yet, and that's saying something. I dreamed that I was abucted from my room late at night. I was carried with my own blanket wrapped about my head, stuffed in a car trunk, and then brought out as I was carried over someone's shoulder. Still with my head swaddled with the blanket, I was placed in an unpadded wooden chair, and had my arms and legs strapped down to it. It was only then they pulled off my blanket from about my head. There was a single lightbulb from the ceiling, with no windows and only a lone door. The two men who captured me were there in view - one big fella who looked like a bruiser, shaved head, just standing back with his arms crossed. Then there was the smaller of the two, with wild blonde hair and a very slender frame. He was also laughing and giggling to himself, dressed in a pair of striped pajamas. He also had a pair of gardening sheers with a green plastic handle.

This was perhaps one of the most unpleasant dreams I've had in a while, so I'm actually going to be even more brief than usual. The crazy little one started to snip off pieces of my fingers and toes with the garden sheers, seemingly at random. And he didn't take the entire finger or toe. He would bring it back to perhaps the first knuckle and cut it off there. I was secured so I couldn't move at all, but I kept screaming at them to let them tell me why they were doing this, asking them what they wanted to know. This only made the little guy giggle more. By the top the dream ended, I had perhaps only three fingers and four toes that hadn't been pruned back to some degree. The amount of blood present was enough to make even me queasy, which is saying something. I really want to know why my subconscious does this to me.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Had one of my classic WTF dreams last night. I'm leaving some sort of meeting in a very dark place - like a convention center, or some other public venue, where apparently the power had failed. All I have to light my way is a keychain flashlight, which is just barely enough to see where the heck I'm going. My brother comes up behind me & tells me I'm using the lowest setting, that's why I can hardly see. I don't believe him, so he takes my flashlight & shows me; sure enough, it lights up a bit brighter. Something may have happened after that, but I can't recall exactly what.
Act 2 - I'm driving something, maybe a large van or small bus, through a post-apocolyptic...well, not-quite-wasteland. But it's definitely after some sort of cataclysm, and people are driving on roads AND train tracks just to make travel faster. Not really rushed, but definitely more confused. Also, there are still TRAINS using the tracks, so I have to wait at a railway crossing while a train goes by.

The entire thing just left me annoyed. :ymtongue:
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I've had a reoccurring dream that has managed to tattoo its every detail into my mind.

I wish I could animate it. And if I could, I would need it to look and feel as beautifully haunting, sad and eerie as it makes me feel every time I experience it.
ImageImage

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

I was out on a date with a tall, tired-eyed man I'll refer to as "Nameless" for now.

His skin was olive-toned and smooth except on his jaw, which was sandpaper-coarse, and his eyes were black and sunken. His dark hair was short, his smile arcane.

The two of us were donned in evening attire, eating Italian together, speaking quietly amidst the restaurant murmuring and sharing wry grins together between sips of wine. (I can hardly stand wine, to be honest.)

I gently leaned in over the table and proposed that we get going. "My place or yours?" His expression darkened before he answered: "Mine."

Nameless lived in a somber mansion, flourished in kempt vegetation, and the windows were heavily draped within. He guided me through the door, and my jacket came gliding off my arms, his lips brushing whisper-soft from my neck to the knoll of my shoulder. "Make yourself at home; I'll meet you in the bedroom."

He had servants - they greeted me earnestly, took my jacket and purse, then led me to the bedroom. The entire way, I felt flushed - uncertain whether that was because of the alcohol, or the anticipation of what was to come.

However, it gets weird from here.

A few steps into his bedroom and I find myself tripping over something. That something squirms and moans girlishly at my clumsiness, startling me. I turn to look and instead stumble over something else. When I obtain my feet, I see I've pitched over two pairs of dark-haired, olive-skinned women, all very naked and very entangled in one another. Their gaze on me is fleeting, their attention glued instead to each other as they touched and kissed sensually beneath thin, black sheets.

I pale at the discovery, but things only worsen when I realize the shadows bordering his bedroom are instead naked women undulating beneath silky coverlets.

As I begin backing out of the room, my back bumps against his chest, and his arms drape themselves over my torso. His chin rests tiredly in the crook of my neck as he mutters, "What do you think?"

I'm clearly unhinged by what I've come across, and hysterically ask him why his bedroom is strewn with naked women. He assures me they're only his assistants, and that he hasn't bedded any of them, as it's not their purpose to.

"What do you mean?" Trepidation rises in my throat and strangles my voice.

"They're here to serve you tonight."

He releases me, and in his place, two very naked ladies grab me by the arms. I barely started to thrash before he wrapped his fingers around my mouth and chin, and forced something between my teeth. I swallow what's inserted, and moments later, my body nearly goes limp. The women start easing me out of my dress, and Nameless strolls past me, other women removing his blazer while he unhurriedly worked at unfastening the buttons of his top. I'm pulled away and eventually dropped face-up on his mattress, my droopy eyes welling up with tears as they begin massaging oil into my skin.

When they pull away from me to tend to something else, I muster up every bit of strength to roll off of the bed and onto the floor. I can barely hold my head up - my bones felt about as supportive as boiled noodles. But whimpering, I crawled on the floor on all fours until I made it out of his bedroom and to the top of the stairs leading to the bottom floor. (I don't even remember going upstairs to begin with.)

My hand taps the first tier, before he's upon me, pulling me up and away from my escape. He cradled my flaccid body close, kissing my ear, "I know you've never had a man leave you feeling satisfied. I know you're scared - and that's why it always hurts. I want to show you how beautiful love-making can really be, though - and I promise you, you'll leave my bedroom a completely different woman when we're done."

He passed me back off to the women again, and I sobbed weakly as they led me back into his bedroom - back onto his mattress. They crawled into bed with me, caressing me and sighing against my skin, causing me to flinch.

I look up and see Nameless, completely nude now - his listless eyes on mine, his lips slightly ajar. He puts a knee on the bed and looms in on me.

Then I wake up.
ImageImage

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

I truly envy ppl like u guys who can remember their dreams that well, i only have weak inpression(if anything at all) most of the time...
Last night though, i had a more complete one.
Its mostly a blurr, but i remember helping a girl who was getting chased by Arnold Swartzenegger(i had watched the Expendables 2 that evening, so it makes sense) and giving her a tour of the countryside where most of my family lives, and then we talk about something wich leads to her to lean over me and trying to kiss me. :)
But then the phone goes and i wake up.... :((
But still, its the biggest dream i had in a while..
Must have been the beer that triggered it, since i barely dream most of the time couse of the meds i take against epilepsie.
Still, hope to see that girl again, somehow..

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

*see's swaya's dream*

*lynx lamb reads the dream, smoke starts raising from his ears as he does so, finishes reading and then explodes*

Iam having some nice dreams but the moment i wake up i forget the whole fucking lot of them. Its getting very annoying because no matter how hard i try, the dreams are just too long to remember in their entirety in the few moments..seconds. i have to make sure i recall the whole thing. *sigh*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Had another horrible dream last night, and it was one that still chokes me up when I think about it.

I'm 41 years old, and despite my desire ever since I was very young to have a family, I never managed one. The closest thing I've ever had to my own child is my cat, Saskia. And I've often joked she's "my cross species daughter". At the darkest time of my life, she was there providing me with unconditional love. She's also an older cat, turning 11 this year, but I've had her since she was only a few weeks old.

I dreamed that on weekend day Saskia and I were playing with her mousie, me throwing it while she chased it about. She loves her toy mousies, but being older she can't chase them for as long as she used to. I dreamed that we were playing, when she slowed after chasing one and starts yowling unpleasantly. She first settles down to lay on her stomach, and still yowling looks at me the way she does when she thinks I'm the only person who can help.

I'm confused at first, because she seems to me to be in pain, and while she's still yowling the effort she puts behind it is fainter and fainter. That's when it strikes me... she's having a heart attack. I think practically if there's anything I can do, but I realize that I really can't do anything. I'm miles away from a pet hospital, I wouldn't know how to help her without hurting her. The only thing I can do is be there for her. So I get her kitty blanket off her furniture, wrap her up in it, and hold her while trying to soothe her until she passes away.

I'm crying even as I'm typing this, because this is the situation I am truly dreading in the future. I know that Saskia is not a little kitten, that I've been fortunate to have had as many good years as we've had together. And who knows, we may still have another ten years together if we're lucky. But right now as it stands, she's the best part of my life. She makes me smile, she's always there for me, and she's my lone outlet for expressing the warmth I have inside of me. I've had a growing dread of the day that she's no longer with me for the last year, and last night was my subconscious getting me to live through that experience. Needless to say, much of tonight has already been spent with Saskia sleeping on my lap while I lavished her with affection.

This was hard just to relate. I think I'm going to be a mess for the rest of the night.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

D&E, I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost several cats over the years. :ymhug:
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Aw, DnE :( *hugs tight*
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

*Hugs back* :ymhug: Thank you both.

And of all the 'pets' I've had in my life, Saskia will be like no other. Because growing up my family always had a small zoo of animals - birds, fish, rabbits, dogs, cats, you name it. But Saskia was the first 'pet' (I feel strange using that term for her) that I've had as an adult that's be almost entirely my responsibility from when she was a tiny, tiny kitten.

And she seems to know I'm upset, because every time I've sat down she's come to curl up on my lap. I've been very restless though, not able to really enjoy anything on TV, mostly doing lots of chores around the apartment just to keep myself busy and not thinking.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

:ymhug: I've avoided getting pets myself, for various reasons. It was hard to lose the ones I had as a kid.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Your dream reminds me of what happened to my last cat, DnE. :|

Unfortunately, Snicklefritz wasn't afflicted by anything as merciful as a heart attack. :(

He died not at all well, and there was not a thing I could to save him. :(
I think outside the tesseract.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:ymhug: DnE. Just... :ymhug:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.