Random Advice thread.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Random Advice thread.

Post by Tenjen »

If you're in a thriller/shlasher/horror/murder movie, dont "confess" that you're pregnant or you're going to goddamn die. Especially if you're cheating [doenst matter which one's in the relationship ] or being cheated on [sucks i know].

unlike in real life...errr...>>

reference : se7en, my bloody valentine, almost every movie where a lady reveals she's pregnant.

oh and i wasnt a fan of my bloody valentine but iam even more of not a fan of it for Megan's death :\. BRAIN DEAD KILLER MOVIES. NOT A FAN.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

1) Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
2) Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.
3) Always be nice to cats, Death is a cat person.
4) Never tug on Superman's cape
5) Never spit into the wind
6) Never ask for random advice from a trivial person.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

If you find yourself in a Japanese film and you see tentacles...RUN!!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have a falcata, that would probably work better than running.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Prefer scimitars myself, or kukri.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Artemisia wrote:1) Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
I've won a few land wars in Asia before.

*In Risk :p
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

1) If you're going to call a service institution who has given you an identification card, make sure you have that card on hand.

"Hi there, I just wanted to renew my books"

"Do you have your library card?"

"Oh, do I need that? Can you hang on, it's in my purse upstairs"

"....sure." >.<

2) You local library are not tech support. If you don't know how to use your DVD player, you have problems that your local librarian just isn't going to be able to solve.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

All horror movies suck cause the best one. Candy man. Has already been made.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Artemisia wrote:1) Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
Also, Russia. Don't go there in winter.
The iceman cometh

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Before accepting a project, take a good look at it.

Else you may realize that the project is 43 pages bigger than what you thought it was. in small print
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Adamas wrote:Prefer scimitars myself, or kukri.
What, for the extended threat range? :P
I think outside the tesseract.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have a scimitar, a basket-hilt claymore, a falcatta, a sgain dubh, and a spear...

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

I have an orbital artillery system.

Prove that I don't. :P
I think outside the tesseract.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

*grabs the USS Morgana and blows the orbital artillery out of the sky*

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

where did you get a Black Knife? Or the Falchetta anyway?