Random Advice thread.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

TheySeeMeTrollin
Brain Ninja & Mental Terrorist

Re: Random Advice thread.

Post by TheySeeMeTrollin »

I don't know if I want to be with my husband anymore. Its hard to accept and admit, but it is the truth. I love him, but I am wondering now if I am still in love with him. I long to continue to be his best friend, but I don't want to live with him, don't want to be the person he bosses around and controls anymore. I find myself wishing he'd decide he wanted someone else. I find myself wondering if he'll really want to fix problems when he doesn't even seem to think counseling is necessary. I can't be the only one running to put duct tape on the cracks of our foundation. I need help and something more stable.
As for my lover, I understand that its hard to see how that would be a good idea in my situation, but we didn't start as lovers. We began as friends. Our situations are similar...eerily so. We met for coffee a few times and talked them out. He watched movies and TV with me, then one night as he was leaving and went to hug me goodbye, he lingered and was shaky. I turned to ask if he was alright, and found his lips on mine and myself pulled tightly into him and he kissed me like I had never been kissed before. Things progressed from there, and we know each other and our situations inside and out. He's an amazing person and a wonderful friend. I deeply appreciate him, admire him and respect him. He's 8 years older than me, which doesn't bother me. I don't know if I'd want to pursue a relationship with him if things didn't work out with my husband, but I do know that he's made me understand that some men can be gentle at the same time they are strong and can be tough but still love.
Any input or advice is appreciated to see different viewpoints on the situation.
"A promiscuous person is simply a person who is getting more sex than you are." Victor Lownes.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I can't help with deciding whether to leave the husband or not- that's a decision that needs to come from you and in your self interest. What I do advise is making sure you have a little "me" time to figure things out if you do end up divorcing. Find out what you want for yourself.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

I need some advice from a computer savvy person. Last night my computer had a BSOD and told me it had blocked a tages protection driver because it caused stability problems. :(

I did some searching on the net and found this page and downloaded the file, but i get an error message when try install it and i don't know what's wrong. ~X(

Here is a screenshot of the message. What confuses me is that it's saying that the file i'm trying to run isn't a valid win32 program, my windows 7 is the 64 version. :-\
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

I think I know what your problem is: Your UI is in Danish. </Icelandic>
The iceman cometh

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

1. Click the Start button, right-click Computer, then click Properties and confirm you are using the 64-bit version of Windows 7.
  2. Make sure you are logged in on an account that has Administrator rights.
  3. Uninstall the existing version of Tages to make sure there are no 32-bit (or 64-bit) versions installed.
  4. Download the correct version and see if it installs.
I figure you’ve tried this already, but it doesn’t hurt to make sure.
I think outside the tesseract.

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

I already know i'm using win 7 64.

What i don't know is how to find the tages program. Don't know where it's installed on the PC and the search function gives no result or clue to where it is.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

I think i discovered the problem and man, this is dumb - if that is the problem. -_-

My steam version might be version 32 because i installed it while i was using my laptop around a year ago. When i switched to my PC after the laptop died i transfered the content to the PC.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Self Care a La Carte

Oh my gosh there's such good advice for looking after yourself in there.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

It doesn't matter if you are skinny or fat, you are beautiful
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested