Insults in Foreign Langauges 101

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Parallax

Re: Insults in Foreign Langauges 101

Post by Parallax »

Got you guys beat. Try insults in KLINGON!!! :ymdevil:

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

WORF: You cannot tarnish a rusted blade.
LURSA: Ji'ko to'val!
WORF: Gir'nak tovo'sor!
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

Fen wrote:
Pfhreak wrote:
Teacher2B wrote:This one is a bit regional.

concha=cunt. At least this is the word we use here and I think that also in Argentina (Phfreak may tell me if I'm right).
conchudo or conchuda (gender difference in words)= something similar to "asshole". This word in other countries has a different meaning, not so offensive.
La concha de tu madre/de tu hermana= "Your mother's cunt" or "Your sister's cunt".
Yes, concha is used here. The one homemade curse I've cooked up in Spanish was "la concha de tu media hermana, la puta que te parió".

Oh the way this forum affects me IRL. See, in Spain, Concha does not, in fact, mean cunt. Which was hilarious because because of this thread i thought it did. And San Sebastian has a big beach called Playa de la Concha. Needless to say, it was funny asking people why the hell they would name a beach that way. (TBH I just assumed it was a nudy beach...but it wasn't)
LMAO

A friend of mine lived in Spain for a while and took a picture of a street sign that says "Concha Espina". Naturally, the first thing that suggested itself when I saw that photo was a vagina dentata joke.
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.