Tattoos and Piercings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Re: Tattoos and Piercings

Post by LadySheDevil »

ZOMG, SECOND-PAGE THREAD REVIVAL!

Speaking of Alison's SO's tattoos... This reminds me of a few band tatts I wouldn't mind getting.

Being an Iron Maiden-and-all-things-related fan, and a huge supporter of women in metal, I'd HAVE to get a tribute to The Iron Maidens! Perhaps a simple one like this would do. Or perhaps the full on Edwina would be better? :D Gotta have the Maiden lettering too.

And I'm a big Coheed and Cambria nerd. Something like this would be sweet as fuck. Although I'd rather have the dragonfly enlarged and laid over the keywork, which would be semi-visible through the wings.

That would be awesome. :D
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I've always kind of liked the idea of a band tattoo... I like this one:

and this one:

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

nah, if you're going to get a rock band tattoo, you gotta do this one
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

I decided to blow the dust off this tread...

...to publicly say I have no tattoos. :ymdevil:

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

I've always wanted tattoos. Four of them. I've been wanting them for years, but it's been a matter of getting my skin to clear up enough for them. Which hasn't happened yet. :(

But when it does... I want to have each of the four Chinese mythical animals on my back as follows:

Azure dragon, with a cloud, on the east side.
Vermillion bird, with some fire or smoke, on the south side.
White tiger, with earth or a distant mountain, on the west side.
Black tortoise, with a wave of ocean, on the north side.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I'd have the royal Yellow Dragon in the centre or not. Probably not. And yes, I would be drawing the designs myself. :)
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

When planning the color scheme of your tattoo, JVD, you have to keep one thing in mind - plan the designs without the color "white" in mind. Unless, of course, you're that pale. ;) This makes clouds tricky, unless of course they're more gray stormclouds with black lines to accentuate the edges.

It's good that you're truly thinking about them, and planning them out. After all, they're something you're going to have on your body forever. :) I just wish I had more money, and I'd have gotten a lot more... even though I only have one, I'd adore to have many more.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

I wants a tattoo and i am very much drooling over piercing ideas.

*drools* I was in my piercing place of choice and got so jealous of the girl having one done. even the painful part. soooo jealous.

i will have more...damn it i will :))

as for tattoos it's been decided by a lot of my family that i will end up settling on a pin up tattoo somewhere on my body.
they know me very well

awesome.
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I have a love/hate relationship with ladies and piercings. While I enjoy the look of many piercings (usually not too fond of ones on the face, but other places are interesting), if I have a chance to do more than look they seem to just get in the way. Nibbling on ears (and... other assorted locations) with metal in the way doesn't feel very pleasant to one's teeth. Not that I've had someone to nibble on for some time, but I've always considered it an odd conundrum.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

since iv had piercings it hasnt seemed to get in the way at all hehe.

was discussing piercings today actually.everyone seemed suprised i have had my tongue done and that i would again.

when i ask for peoples ideas of what to have they generally seem to choose ones more hidden...i'm not sure what to make of that.
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Most people like having private tatoo's that dont make getting a job possibly harder and can be "sweet things" that only thier lover/s know about.

Like having beauty spots/small moles in particular spots that lovers are privy to.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I actually had a couple of people disappointed when i too kout the tongue piercing...some because they missed kissing me with it and some who were waiting for me to be single so that they could kiss me with it...and some for less chaste reasons.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

This is my left ear.

I got something when i was <5 thanks to my parents.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

even though I posted it in the picture thread, I feel as though I should post it here just cause it fits.

I want to get more done to make it look more like a finished artwork, but money and ideas escape me for the moment.

"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Siskiakirisis

Post by Siskiakirisis »

Currently enjoying 3 small tatt's. One on each arm, and one on my neck.

Each ear is pierced once, and I have a septum piercings. Very shortly about to get Prince Alfred(Albert?).
Cthulu fhtagn! Iä! Iä!

Siskiakirisis

Post by Siskiakirisis »

JVDifferent wrote:I've always wanted tattoos. Four of them. I've been wanting them for years, but it's been a matter of getting my skin to clear up enough for them. Which hasn't happened yet. :(

But when it does... I want to have each of the four Chinese mythical animals on my back as follows:

Azure dragon, with a cloud, on the east side.
Vermillion bird, with some fire or smoke, on the south side.
White tiger, with earth or a distant mountain, on the west side.
Black tortoise, with a wave of ocean, on the north side.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I'd have the royal Yellow Dragon in the centre or not. Probably not. And yes, I would be drawing the designs myself. :)
Sounds AMAZING, however make absolutely sure of the tattooist and that he excels in the style that you want. Otherwise they can turn out just awful.
Cthulu fhtagn! Iä! Iä!