Tattoos and Piercings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Tattoos and Piercings

Post by cyanide_sweet »

I've got five piercings in my ears, and I'm getting a tattoo for my birthday this year. So, out of curiosity, who's got 'em?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Tattoos and Piercings

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:I've got five piercings in my ears, and I'm getting a tattoo for my birthday this year. So, out of curiosity, who's got 'em?
Ooooh, new thread. :D Must be first one to answer...

Shame I can't contribute.

I don't like piercings. Well, stuff in the ears for girls, that's totally fine, maybe a little thing here or there in the face. But not too much, please. I don't go for these magnetizable goth girls at all.

Tats are fine by me. I don't have one either, never really had an interest in it (and my parents would deadfaint and write me out of the will if I got one...) - but if I got one, it would probably be a pretty big one, not any kind of picture, but like fantasy body art... Um, I mean, like making a shoulder look like that of an Alien or so. Or the stumps of two giant wings on my back shoulders or so.
Last edited by Don Alexander on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Pics or it didn't happen :p . Just kidding.

Always pondered having a tattoo... never found one I've liked enough yet to have permanently inked onto my skin...

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Bear wrote:Pics or it didn't happen :p . Just kidding.

Always pondered having a tattoo... never found one I've liked enough yet to have permanently inked onto my skin...
I'm not too big on the cheesy one's that everyone has (barbed wire, skulls, tribal designs, etc.)

That's why I designed my own :)

*link removed*

P.S. I want it to be totally original... so if anyone steals this, I will keeell them.
Last edited by cyanide_sweet on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

AHH one second, I'm going to go shrink that. That picture is ridiculously large.

EDIT: Fixed :)
Last edited by cyanide_sweet on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:P.S. I want it to be totally original... so if anyone steals this, I will keeell them.
Don't worry, I won't. But it looks like it would be yummy with Color Out Of Space dip. :ymdevil:

But I envy your talent of being able to design your tattoo yourself. :ymapplause:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Thanks! I'm fairly stoked about it, I've wanted a tattoo for forever :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

cyanide_sweet wrote:Thanks! I'm fairly stoked about it, I've wanted a tattoo for forever :)
I thought you were 16.

Wait. How long have you been 16? :-?

And... vegetarian...

*hides from all Twilight haters*
ImageImage

demoncat

Post by demoncat »

I have a tongue piercing (that I adore) and a 10 ga earring in either earlobe. No tattoos yet so I'm rather boring.... for now! :p Eventually I intend to have a big tattoo along my left leg. Everyone keeps telling me I should get my septum pierced, but I'm not sure I'm really up for that.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I mixed my Latin up there... and decided it was really not a good idea to get your sternum pierced. ;)

I actually do like navel piercings for girls.
ImageImage

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

Don Alexander wrote:
cyanide_sweet wrote:Thanks! I'm fairly stoked about it, I've wanted a tattoo for forever :)
I thought you were 16.

Wait. How long have you been 16? :-?

And... vegetarian...

*hides from all Twilight haters*
"...a while." Hey, one of my nicknames is Vamp, this could definitely work :))

I am sixteen! It's legal to get tattooed at sixteen in Canada.

demoncat: I really want to get a tongue piercing! I don't know I find septum piercings kinda gross :|

Believe it or not, I know someone who has a sternum piercing. It's a surface piercing obviously.

demoncat

Post by demoncat »

cyanide_sweet wrote:demoncat: I really want to get a tongue piercing! I don't know I find septum piercings kinda gross :|
I love mine! :x It doesn't hurt either. The listerine I had to wash my mouth out with first was more painful by far. I like septum piercings on some people. But I also have a great love for Tribal Bellydance where they look totally normal so I'm probably biased.

Do you have five piercings on one ear or split between the two?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I used to have a tongue piercing, but I played with it too much and started to get grooves in my teeth from it, so I took it out. Took about a week to completely heal up. I'd only had it a month or 2.

I'm planning on gettting my eyebrow done at some point.

And I have a tattoo design in my head that I plan to get on my back. One day when I have the courage and the funding. A whole back job, with a design involving a human heart in the centre, but it is sprouting branches and roots like a tree, so you have to look fo rthe heart among the rest of it. So the roots would go over my lower spine, and the branches and leaves would go across my shoulders at the back.

Other than that, I have each of my ears pierced once.

The boy has a tattoo on his foot. It's a symbol appropriated from the roman meaning 'beginnings' a bit of a 'best foot forward' type of thing.

@Demoncat: Did you use the alcohol-free stuff?
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Haha, bolted sternum. It could be like a door knocker.

I'm never going to get any piercings. I fight stereotypes. Not all pirates have piercings!

Tattoos... I don't have any. Somewhat of a yet. I know what I'd get if I did. A dragon on my right hand and scorpion on the left. Both inked as circle designs. Then I'd get one on my upper back between the shoulder blades of both of them, entwined, in another large circle design. The hand ones would probably just be outlines, while the back would have the dragon green and the scorpion black, or maybe a dark blue. But I'll probably get those when I can draw them myself. Which may never happen, seeing as art isn't really my shtick.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

demoncat

Post by demoncat »

*shrugs* I used what they handed me, but I think it had alchohol in it. It wasn't really that bad, I was just a wuss about it. :) The stuff I got to use once it was pierced was great though.

Somewhat related, does anyone here do henna tattoos?