Tattoos and Piercings

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

GermanMerc

Re: Tattoos and Piercings

Post by GermanMerc »

Me has tattoo, too.
But havnt found this thread earlier.

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/d57u-m-jpg.html
Be creative, invent a perversion.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

I'm going to mail my mom about this when I have the details clear, and it will depend on her reaction but....

basically. it's all settled:). My first tattoo will be made next week.

And I commissioned a friend(as after having asked a few friends to do it but feeling bad about bugging them or being picky about the drawings I realised it's best if there's money involved so I won't feel bad for being a nazi about it) to draw T3H TATOO(which I have no idea when i can get since it is big, it is complicated, I will do it at a proffessional and it will probably cost me a shitload). I think that after having the ideas in my head for months(the one I'm getting next week)/years(T3H TATTOO) I can face the risk:).

Will post pics when it's done. It's going to be a (possibly mobius strip, will have the final design done soon) Canon in D on my wrist. Small and easy to hide under a watch/bracelet.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Rewaken this one? I am thinking of getting a tattoo on my wrist, in exchange for my Medic Alert bracelet. Should I do it?

Oh, and Fen, you forgot to post pictures... :p ;)
The iceman cometh

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have no tattoos or even piercings.

I know, I'm boring.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Same here. I'm only thinking of the one I mentioned so that I can get rid of the thing dangling around my wrist. Just too bad tattoos supposedly hurt like hell when they're being made.
The iceman cometh

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

As I've mentioned a few times before, Iceman, a tattoo isn't so very bad. It's more like a bee sting, so I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't hurt - but the longer it takes the more the buzzing of the tattoo needle starts to numb the area slightly. If anything, the constant application of the lotion to make sure the tattoo heals well is more of a pain. :))
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

Iceman

U see my tattoo above and i can say it didnt hurt.
But i think other locations are more painfull.

Still havnt found something good for a second one.
Be creative, invent a perversion.

ChewbaccaStomper

Re: The Picture Thread

Post by ChewbaccaStomper »

Didn't know where to post these, so they land here! Just got this done about 4 hours ago!

How about in the tattoo thread? ;). The DAMNed
chewbaccastomper.tumblr.com <--- Check out my artwork!

It's been a long time since I've been around. Hopefully not too much has changed!

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

no, you didn't! :D

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrranky!!!
OMG, you got balls to put a tattoo like that.
I salute thee!
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

ChewbaccaStomper

One Piece is the greatest manga ever made. Franky is my favorite character from said manga. I wanted something to inspire me every time I get to work on a new art project... or when I'm feeling down about a current one.

Thanks, by the way! :D

Thanks to whoever moved the pictures for me!

The same person who then cruelly merged your triple post! :P The DAMNed

It's been a long time since I've been around. Hopefully not too much has changed!

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

it's kind of a mixture of Franky when he's normal and the Franky face when he got his face blown off in that explosion on Future Island (Home of Dr. Vegapunk).

It's a rad tat, so to speak.

I contacted my tattoo artist again just the other day, he made a drawing for me to cover up the dragon I have.
It's my first tat and I've fucked it up by altering it myself... the "artist" just put it up there, without any warnings, and after 3 years I was like: What the hell was I thinking, it's not good at all.
So I've visited three other artists to get some tats, and now I've found one who did my latest two tats, and I asked him to draw something to cover the dragon.
And he came up with this REALLY awesome tribal tattoo.
So now I know where I have to save my next € 400 - € 600 for :D

ChewbaccaStomper

Thanks very much, again!

I had the idea right before I went to sleep. I realized that I wanted Franky's skull... but still with his hair, nose, and sunglasses on there. Then I wanted it to have to do with the Pirate theme, so I was going to put the crossed bones behind his head. Then I was like "Holy crap! This would be 1000% better if it were wrenches instead!" Since he is the Mechanic after all. So, my fiancee and I worked on our design (since we're both artists, and I wanted her to help me with my first tattoo design) for about 20 minutes. I then brought it into the shop, and got my appointment. It only cost me about $200 USD. The photo doesn't do it's size any justice. The tattoo looks a lot bigger in person. I'm really glad that I had such an amazing tattoo artist for my first one.

I'm sorry to hear you have to cover up your dragon, but I'm sure it will be worth it once you have your cover up! Good luck saving up that money!

Oh, by the way, my next one is going to be in the traditional Japanese style. I'm getting either a Hannya mask, or a Tengu mask. I haven't decided yet, but I do know where it's going to go. My left forearm, to make me symmetrical!

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Why don't you upload a picture of it with your torso on it, so we can see how big it is compared to your body :)

And as for my dragon, it's been up there for 10 years now, time for a tribal cover.
Whenever I'm gonna make the appointment, I'll up a few pics from before and after.

ChewbaccaStomper

Once it heals more I'll definitely post more photos.

Otaku201
BANNED

Post by Otaku201 »

After I gain 30 lbs of muscle, I'd like to get a phoenix on my back. To symbolize the countless times I've stared death in the face.