Manga, Manga & More Manga

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Manga, Manga & More Manga

Post by Tenjen »

I really need to catch up on my naruto, Bleach [left off just as the one armed dude was gonna fight the hero], Tenjou Tenge [which i left when Maya used reika as a can opener on that iron fool].

and also read the Squid girl manga. Watched the first season of the naime and loved it to bits :3!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

xxcthuluxx wrote:
@Miss Vavavavoom: I know, right? This is also made by the FIRST non-asian person to get published in Japan! It's a HUGE accomplishment, but why did it have to be this huge mess?

Accidental double post removed. The DAMNed
That's the one thing that surprised me. I don't understand what company saw that crap and said, "Hey this is great! Lets publish it over in Japan!" There is almost no plot and I don't know half the characters who keep on popping up in that damn book!
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

oh forgot to mention i've stopped reading the expanded literature of Buffy, half way through the first literature "season"

It just got really really ridiculous. With flying, spaceships and WHAT HAVE YOU with the chars.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Moar Bamboo Blade and Black Butler

Couldn't help but squee at seeing Tamaki as a baby; she's such a little round ball of adorable :x

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Oh is Volume eight out? Sweet. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Later this week, actually; same day as the next Bunny Drop, oddly enough.

I just finished volume 7

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So, Hiromu Arakawa, mangaka for Fullmetal Alchemist, just came out with a new manga, Silver Spoon. First chapter is hilarious. So far, it's about a boy who just wants to be at the top of his class attending a farming high school in Hokkaido.

...Major General Armstrong is in there as a teacher. Complete with his manly sparkles.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Of course he's got his sparkles. Those sparkles have been passed down the Armstrong line... ;)
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Started three new series here recently, all with varying levels of WTFitude.

Higurashi: When They Cry It's an interesting, twice told tale kind of a tale. Retells to story several times from differing angles and points of view. I like it, but watching you favourite character get fucked up and/or offed again and again is a bit of a gut punch.

Gantz Not sure about this one yet, a strange little story so far lacking in much back story.

I finally broke down and started One Piece. I was never terribly impressed with the anime, but I understand that is because it was heavily butchered for American TV. Manga has been pretty fun so far, if a little ridiculous in places.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Guido

Post by Guido »

I've got the complete series of Hellsing and Code Geass.
I'm also reading the Beelzebub, Break Blade and Kaichou wa Maid-sama! manga's online.

Somehow I've been enjoying manga's a lot more then US comics. ^^

Any one else got that as well? :P

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

SPOILERS FOR BLEACH

Kubo Tite's been reading American comics.

:)) Why am I thinking of Iron Man?
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

I don't follow too many manga, but I do have all 9 volumes of Black Lagoon and I was following Rinne on the official site until it got suspended after the Japanese earthquake. I hope it comes back soon. :ympray:
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

how does manga stream work :3?
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

As far as I can tell, it's a one scanlation group site that does: these manga. They keep things current and take down a lot of chapters, though. For instance, they've only got the last five chapters of Bleach, but I've been using this site since everyone else jumped ship. I got into Fairy Tail when they had this gorgeous pin up of Ezra in a skimpy outfit on the main page, but I had to go to.. mangafox, I think it was, to catch up to what they had.

Release schedule's pretty consistent though. Weekly Shounen Jump scans usually update on Wednesdays (sometimes Tuesday nights, even) and other weekly releases get peppered in through Saturday.

They did Bakuman for a while and dropped it :ymsigh: Have yet to find a non-hinky site that scans it. Some of mangafox's scans can be horrible. Like Gakusan Alice, the main group that scanlated that did so from the Chinese version of the manga and the English was pretty sub par anyway.

Guido

Post by Guido »

I only use http://www.mangareader.net/ for online manga reading.
They are up to date and they tend to have everything of a manga.