Manga, Manga & More Manga

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Manga, Manga & More Manga

Post by Azrael »

Bamboo Blade Vol. 14 is out. And this ends another series I have been enjoying. :ymsigh: Oh well, it could have left me hanging like half a dozen others I was reading.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i forgot to mention i've started reading ubel Blatt recently.

its not bad.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Ah, so here this thread went!
time to blow some life into it! * Casts resurrection*

Atm i follow alot of series, mainly couse i read really fast and just enjoy them.
Main Series are:
Rosario+Vampire season 2
Great sequel on the first one where Tsukune goes once again back to the school of monsters and meets some new ppl, like Moka's little sister Kokoa and many others!
Claymore
this fantasy aktion series about silver eyed female slayers who hunt monsters called Yoma is definitly one of the best out there :)
Ah! My Goddess
this long running comedy series about a guy who dates a Goddess after making a wrong wish is definitly one of my favorites, got all the books of it!(currently 43 volumes.)
Girls of the Wilds
This Korean Mahwha webcomic is very good and much fun to follow :)
Negima!
Another cool action series with some ecchi mixed in, i mainly love the way they use the greek and ancient japanese spells and what they mean whe translated to english(in the back of every volume :) )
Dance in the Vampire bund
Best vampire manga EVER!! its finished now but can't wait for the sequel!!

thats it for now, i read alot more but i'm afraid i might run out of space :/

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

I just read the first 2 chapters of a serie called Hadi Girl, it goes on about a girl named Sae who gets saddles up by a fairy with an magic egg and she needs to make it hatch by doing rather embarresing stuff with boys(hug them, do an inderect kiss), but the girl has a problem, she's a Kuudere(google it) and is known as the coldest girl in class!

The art is good and i think the serie has alot of potential :)

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Was surfing some sites and came across a Harem manga called Monster Girl no Iru Nichijou AKA Daily Life with a Monster Girl.
Three years ago, the world came to know of the existence of humanoid beast creatures after the government decided to stop hiding their existence from the world. It was decided that they would be integrated into human society, and thus the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Bill" was created. Since then, the cultural exchange program became a huge success helping many species integrate into human society.Kurusu Kimihito is a tricked volunteer in this exchange program who has been given a Lamia (Snake Girl) named Miia to take care of. After spending some time together, Miia has fallen in love with Kurusu, which isn't a bad thing per-say. However, there is a stipulation in the exchange program that prohibits interbreeding between humans and beast creatures. Violating this law results in a severe punishment for the human. Will Kurusu be able to resist Miia's advances and keep himself out of trouble?

Of course more girls show up as well, of witch i find the Slime girl(!) the most fun to see. :)

I also found out that there's a sequel of sorts of xxxholic called xxxholic Rei, that follows a different couse then the old series and seems to begin around the time watanuki is still working at Yuuko's wish-granting shop but this time Mokona is't around and the serie is't connected to Tsubasa Resavoir Chronicles.
Can't wait to see what fun and crazy adventures they are gonna end up in this time and if Yuuko stays in it. :)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

>.>

<.<

*psst

Girls und Panzer manga is out 3 June this year. Yay.

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHHHHHHHHH
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Last monday evening, after a hard day of work, i was checking my mail and had a mail from amazon informing me about UQ Holder, a serie i did't know at the time but wich is the sequel of Negima! my favorite manga serie ever!
And its getting published in english!!!!
I was so happy about it that i had a epileptic attack the next morning becouse of it combinded with the mental exhoustion from the day before... :S
Sucks but damn i'm happy there's finally a sequel to that serie and from what i have read so far online it might even be better then Negima! in some aspects already!

What do u guys think about it?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Does anyone know where I can find vol.10 of 'Ghost Talkers Daydream' translated online? :-\

I've read the first nine volumes and it's killing me to not be able to find the final installment so I can see how it ends. I also bought the first six, since those're the only ones made available for purchase, here in the US. If anyone knows a site that has vol.10, or posts a link to it, I'd really appreciate it.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Dance in the Vampire Bund II: Scarlet Order is out, everybody. :D :ymparty:

Also, for any interested, Yen Press has released volume one of the A Certain Magical Index light novels. *Kermit flail* Hopefully the manga adaptation is to follow.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

And now volume 1 of the A Certain Magical Index manga is out. \:d/