GD Announcements / Suggestions.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Engy

Re: GD Announcements / Suggestions.

Post by Engy »

Yes, Bear, lie about it too. I saw your post before Don was even online. What? He now also has the ability to be invisible? Besides which, isn't there a menu for mods to see who editted what posts? Can any mod please take a screenshot of that and and post it here so that we can see for ourselves if Don has editted anything?

I am making this edit to Engy's post (which otherwise remains unchanged) just so that it shows up in the moderator logs. The DAMNed
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Wow Don... Edit my post and make me look like an asshole? Thats low....

The only thing I said was that I agree with Tenjen that the lifes gone out of the forums.... Editing my post and changing it like that? Thats just really low...
My dear Ursine.

You of ALL people should know that something called "Moderator logs" exist. Actually, Engy, mod edits ARE invisible on the forum, it does not show up under the post. But it does show up invariably in the moderator log, which I just have open...

I hope everyone now realizes the little game you tried playing. I'd call this an EPIC FAIL.

This is a bannable offense. I'm just waiting on Giz and the other mods to give the ok.

Edit:
Here is was moderator log. Note several edits in the comics forum (where I removed unnecessary quotes, I signed all of these), and then the edit I did above of Engy's post, for the sole reason of having it show up here with a timestamp.

I realize this is not much of a "proof" as it is really easy to shop such an image. That's why Giz and the other mods should actually open the page.

EDIT 2 : Mod log image link removed.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

1) I don't exactly know what the blazes you're trying to pull Bear, but the typos in the alleged edit give your game away.

2) Don doesn't really have anything to gain from such a stunt as I understand it, so your accusation, to me at least, makes no logical sense.

3) I've been very kindly shown the moderator logs.

I'm not a moderator, but I suggest that you quietly remove yourself before you further embarrass yourself. Nothing personal.

In regards to the life of the forum fizzling out, it's a thing that happens. People change, places change, the universe changes. A lot has happened since these glory days I keep hearing about. I think we need to move on and accept what we do have, rather than dwelling on what we don't.

Also, it's douchebaggery like the above move that drives people away more than particular individuals.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

@Tenjen: It's not 'lighthearted' and 'not ill-will inciting' when you first call someone a name and then add an angry emoticon. Had you added something like ' ', then that would have indicated just some random teaser among friends, adding angry emoticons means you are serious. Goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
It used to be that people automaticly understood, text indicators or not, what a person meant. Like i said. Not the words written but the intent behind, was understood but that doesnt happen anymore. We had a connection where it wasnt needed. That is lost. Plus previous experiences about me would point out my constant lightheartedness as well. People were being too serious about what i said, taking it as too serious. That wouldnt have happened before. these days i even see things normal comments spoken in goodwill without any false intent being misunderstood [miscontrued?] as insults. As if by automatic reflex.

i've been an integral member of the forum since its beginning, so dont you dare tell me that "goodbye, theres the door" rubbish. Me and these people were close friends who understood each other well. I did not mean to defend my actions if it sounded that way, i was not being angry, i was not spitting or belching bile within what i was saying, I was sad and simply pointed out that there were better times where it wouldnt have been seen as it was and everyone wouldnt have jumped at it. People would have assumed the lightheartedness and it would have passed without a half a glance. Its not their fault, its things that have changed as a whole. I've been seeing it for ages and held out a long time. I just wont wait for a "straw to break the camel's back" scenario to occur with me and someone, i'am leaving before that.

When something like me leaving [or anyone leaving] you dont burn bridges with statements like yours. That just screws things up even more. Businesses who treat leaving employee's horribly when they leave, lose out greatly [and this is only realised by looking at the businesses who treat their leaving employee's well; they gain all sorts of benefits and advantages of doing so]; the same is true here or anywhere [except for someone who has been consistantly horrible and hateful]. I have not spouted filth, grime and bile against anyone. I am simply saddened and do intend to keep up contact with many of the good people here. my friendship and love for those people goes beyond just this forum as a format to have it within.

and bear, dont dare use me as an excuse to pass along your agenda. And dont dare use me to direct your self righteous anger at people who have done much more than you to keep this place well maintained and happy. Its not what it used to be but its still special and its still a good place. Don, is the only one out of us 4 after my leaving who's infallible in his position. I always defended you despite your insensitivity to people's pain and comments that hurt them when they were down, despite your snaps at people without reason, despite your shove's against the other elders, because you contributed a great deal to the forum.But eventually your good was outweighed by your bad, people were leaving cause of it, some openly and some a quiet exit. You continue to intefere and spew hate into the forum in to places where there is no blame and no pain. You put it there though. This has nothing to do with any woman. But with me and the forum. We are or were part of it and are all responsible, either though action or inaction, for what it was, what it is and what it will be.

[written before JVD posted]

edited: grammar and coherence.
Last edited by Tenjen on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

And as someone who was once a moderator, and to anyone else who is a moderator... we all know its possible to edit the moderator logs to remove actions from them.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Actually, I am not even aware of that. Of course, you will say that I am lying.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Which is why you are still trying to frame and lie about me to continue your little agenda and power trip of your own.

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Not to add more fuel to the fire, but it has been my personal observation that you've had a beef with Teacher ever since she got with Xar, Bear. And you have a history of antagonizing Don to the point of making him genuinely upset.

Please, just stop. This is petty and pitiful.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Engy

Post by Engy »

@Tenjen: Presuming in a friendship is a very bad idea. It means you take people for granted. They aren't. On top of that, even if they are friends, the internet does not carry over emotions. Even my best friend in real life has often trouble detecting my sarcasm (and me his) when talking to him over the web.

On top of that, another grave mistake that you made is that you called people an 'asshat' on a public thread. What do newcomers do? They read the rules, but also the announcements. If they see someone calling everyone 'asshats', they immediately turn away, because they are not your friend, not yet.

Besides, you were the one stating 'I am leaving!'. Even if you are a good employee, if you first call your boss an asshat (even as a joke) and then yell 'I'm leaving!' because he isn't laughing, don't expect him to come after you, begging for you to stay. And neither do I. You call us an asshat and then say that you are leaving because we didn't understood it was a joke.

However, I may have been a tad more bitter then I meant to be, as well, I was severely pissed off by Bear. While I deeply apologize for my outburst towards you (which probably wouldn't have been THIS severe if Bear hadn't posted), I shall not request for you to stay. It is your life and your decisions and I hope that it goes well in life for you.
*Bows*

@Bear: The amount of stupidity you are showing at the moment is astonishing. You are accusing others of what you have been doing yourself the entire time on the forums. You are tearing these forums apart. And to be quite frank, I wished someone would already throw the bloody banhammer on your pathetic ass.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Which is why you are still trying to frame and lie about me to continue your little agenda and power trip of your own.
I am very curious as to what my "little agenda" is supposed to be.

If I were a sinister, conniving mastermind who had set his goal to dethrone you and take over... Huh. I won. :-\ Months ago.

What else would there be left to do? Ban you? I would not even see a reason why. Honestly, I was fully ok with you being a normal member of this forum as long as you respected the rules and guidelines you yourself set. I recall back in the REALLY old days when we HAD no mod that you were a really cool and awesome forumite. Making you the mod was the totally logical thing to do. Except that it either warped you or revealed what had lain hidden before.

And now you've not just slightly overstepped the bounds, you're on a completely different continent.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

You know what... Screw the lot of you. If anything this has shown that all the back door lies and politicing have destroyed the forum far beyond any sort of repair. Your not worth my time, or my care anymore.

You know what... I deserve to be on a powertrip. I made this forum. I created the GD, many of the most posted threads within it, ALL of the contests, the Frankies and many other things that made this forum this forum. I did all of that own my own. No-one can deny that. Teach never lifted a finger to do anything unless i asked her to, and if she says different, she's a liar and she knows it. DnE... I've not got a bad word to say anything about other then he was, and still is, never around enough to help when he was needed. He was the most dimplomatic of us all and I feel sorry for the backstabbers he has to deal with now...

Frankly, I couldn't give a fuck about Teach and Xar... he deserves that backstabbing cow, and to know that teach has pretty much flashed every male member on the boards too. Yes.. your little Teach isn't so precious... Everyones seen her.

Don... your a hypocrite... you keep accusing me of the things you are guilty of now. All I've done since you became mod is give you the exact same shite you gave me every day. If I'm guilty of it, your twice as guilty, as you used all those lies and accusations to deal yourself in through the back door. Congrats.

We all know too that Engy is in your pockets so his words count for nothing here.

So you know what? The forum is broken. Good riddence to it. You people have made this a hell rather then a happy place. I'm not going to take the blame for its destruction when the little agendas and talks and conspiracies behind the scenes have driven people away.

A hearty fuck you Don and Teach. You've won. And lost everything you wanted in the process.

Engy

Post by Engy »

Man, I feel left out. I got named only once. Well, bye Bear, we won't miss your delusional lunacy.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

Don Alexander wrote:If I were a sinister, conniving mastermind...
You mean you're not?

Shocked GothPoet is shocked.

What kind of Sithlord are you? :p

(And just to be clear, I am teasing. ^_^)
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Teach, Don, DnE, and I do not have the appropriate permissions to remove the editing trail in the moderator log. The permissions we have are set by Giz, and only Giz. According to the moderator log, the post in question was never edited.

And reading through the posts, just to respond and clarify a few things:

@Engy: Any user can choose to sign on in a "hidden" status. Only the moderators and Admin can see these users. It is possible to be invisible on the forums. Also, there is a page under the Administrator Control Panel that shows Admin logs, Moderator logs, and User logs. This shows password changes, post edits and deletions, warnings and bannings, etc. So if there were to have been an edit, yes, the mods could see it. However, the moderators do not have the ability to make any changes to the logs themselves under the permissions we are currently provided.

Tenjen: Your ties to this forum are at least as strong as any of ours, and I would hate to see you go through with leaving us over something like this. I very strongly urge you, please reconsider.

Everyone: I am requesting that this particular discussion be considered at an end, and actions are currently being taken to resolve the issues brought up and about.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Engy

Post by Engy »

Actually, I was talking about the Moderator Logs, earlier, but since I didn't knew it's name, I tried to explain it. Which I, apparently, failed horribly at. Ah well, thanks for the more in depth information anyhow, it's much appreciated.